Tampa Bay News Paper article on CWP in Florida

This is a discussion on Tampa Bay News Paper article on CWP in Florida within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This ran a few months ago so perhaps it was already beat down. However, it is still relevant and worth re-reading considering the recent USA ...

Thread: Tampa Bay News Paper article on CWP in Florida

Tampa Bay News Paper article on CWP in Florida

This ran a few months ago so perhaps it was already beat down. However, it is still relevant and worth re-reading considering the recent USA Today article. It clearly show the liberal mentality towards guns vs. intelligent reasoning regarding CC based on facts.

Economy blamed for increase in concealed weapon permits in Florida - St. Petersburg Times

"Asked about the surge in gun permit applications, Gov. Charlie Crist said: "I'm pro-gun. I think people ought to have the right to protect themselves, and if people want to get new certificates, that's their constitutional right. If they use those instruments responsibly and prudently and within the bounds of the law, everything should be fine."

The state senator in Crist's hometown of St. Petersburg disagreed. "More guns is never a good thing, especially in an urban area," said Sen. Charlie Justice, a Democrat. "There are very few areas of our city that have not been touched by gun violence."

Get a load of Charlie Justice, Florida Democratic state senator. I guess only the bad guys in urban areas should have guns. Perhaps the "few" areas left that have not been touched by gun violence (per his quote) will stay that way with with more legally carrying Florida citizens on the streets.

2. Remove Ads

I'd like to take Sen. Justice (no pun intended) down to some of Tampa's, Jax's, or Orlando's nasty areas...let him go for a walk and see why people want to carry SD firearms...legally.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I don't understand, why they don't understand, that the gun violence does not come from the law abiding citizens who have guns and carry them legally. It comes from people who don't give a darn what the law is. I was trying to explain this to a lib at work, but she doesn't think anyone should own guns. I said ok, go tell a robber that..

That's where the term "Sheeple" comes from. Little brains and herd mentality. Safety in numbers. "Maybe THAT gazelle will get eaten by the lions, I don't need an elephant rifle if I run fast enough!"

Quote Originally Posted by G19inLV View Post
    I don't understand, why they don't understand, that the gun violence does not come from the law abiding citizens who have guns and carry them legally. It comes from people who don't give a darn what the law is. I was trying to explain this to a lib at work, but she doesn't think anyone should own guns. I said ok, go tell a robber that..
    They will never get it...

they will use the 1 in 100 cases where a good guy goes postal and kils cops...

I'm a Tampa native myself and have been through some rough areas in downtown St. Petersburg for work and school activities. I assure you that the good Senator must not have been to any of these areas if he doesn't understand the need to carry for protection. I can assure you that the thugs carrying down those streets are not carrying legally.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    I can tell you from first-hand experience that the St Pete Times is not fit for wrapping mullet... it will make your fish stink...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

When the USA Today article started out.... "a lot more citizen are packing heat these days ".... I put down the article and didn't even need to go further. Obvious where this was going.......

Quote Originally Posted by G19inLV View Post
    Oh, they get it. Maybe we don't. "It's not about guns it's about control" is not too far off. "They" feel that "they" know what's best for "us" and we should just go along like good boys and girls. It's getting quite old for me.

jfl
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Oh, they get it. Maybe we don't. "It's not about guns it's about control" is not too far off. "They" feel that "they" know what's best for "us" and we should just go along like good boys and girls. It's getting quite old for me.
    My thoughts, exactly !!!
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Actually one of the members of congress said yesterday in regard to health care, "They just do not know what is good for them."

Everyone who has an agenda be it gun control, healthcare, PETA, or global warming. knows exactly what is good for us. It just happens to be what they think is best.

Quote Originally Posted by PointnClick View Post
    I can tell you from first-hand experience that the St Pete Times is not fit for wrapping mullet... it will make your fish stink...
    I have to respectfully disagree with this, to a point. Growing up in Tampa I read both the Tampa Tribune and the St. Petersburg Times. Most of the reporting for things like the Business section is much better in the Times, considering the Trib's Business section the day after is nearly the exact same thing.

Now the liberal bias in both of those newspapers is disturbing... but hey that's just the media at work.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

I lived in Dunedin, FL for numerous years and experienced both papers. St. Pete Times, much as I hate to admit it was vastly superior to Tampa Tribune. However, at that time, the Times was very liberal compared to the Tribune.

In reality, I do not miss either paper!!!!
    Kimber UC II
    SA XD-45 SC
    1948 16g Remington Model 24
    Mossberg .410g shottie

Links