NH Non Resident

This is a discussion on NH Non Resident within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I finally got my NH non-resident permit in the mail yesterday I had sent it in for renewal in Apr I called in July because ...

Thread: NH Non Resident

NH Non Resident

I finally got my NH non-resident permit in the mail yesterday I had sent it in for renewal in Apr I called in July because I hadn't gotten it and the very nice young lady at the state police said they were way behind and the price had gone from $20.00 to $100.00 I asked if I needed to send her the other $80. she said no the price had gone up in Jun so I was covered till next time all in all very nice prople to deal with

2. Remove Ads

From $20 to $100? Yeesh that's quite a rate hike.

It's amazing how that happens. They jack up the prices on things like CWP permits because they know the law-abiding citizens who are seeking one will pay whatever fees or taxes the law requires rather than going after all the tax evaders that are getting a free pass. I can't say I'm surprised.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

yep, here it is. $100 now.

Pistol and Revolver Licensing, Permits and Licensing, Support Services - Division of State Police, NH DOS

I'm thinking they are going to get a lot less business.
    Bend the knees, smooth is fast, watch the front sight.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Got mine just in time :-)

That is a steep jump!

I filed mine on April 20, so I should be receiving it soon. It is a steep price hike from $20 to $100, but that is the supply and demand thing at work. If you don't like the price, keep shopping I guess. Pennslyvania's non resident permit is still $26.00.

Quote Originally Posted by gdm320 View Post
    From $20 to $100? Yeesh that's quite a rate hike.

It's amazing how that happens. They jack up the prices on things like CWP permits because they know the law-abiding citizens who are seeking one will pay whatever fees or taxes the law requires rather than going after all the tax evaders that are getting a free pass. I can't say I'm surprised.
    I don't see it quite that way, considering that NH did not raise the fee for a resident permit.

I think they saw it simply as a way to increase permit revenue without causing a stink amongst NH tax payers. Let the non-residents foot the total bill for the increase instead of splitting it between them and the locals.

It may be semantics, but I see a difference.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    I don't see it quite that way, considering that NH did not raise the fee for a resident permit.

I think they saw it simply as a way to increase permit revenue without causing a stink amongst NH tax payers. Let the non-residents foot the total bill for the increase instead of splitting it between them and the locals.

If they didn't raise the price for residence that's great. I'm sorry to say that when mine expires I won't be renwing because of their price increase, I'll look into Florida or Utah when that happens. The price is comparible but those have many more states than NH anyway.
    Kansas Concealed Carry Website

NRA/Ks. Firearms instructor
    Cheif Range Safety Officer

Quote Originally Posted by doctruptwn View Post
    If they didn't raise the price for residence that's great. I'm sorry to say that when mine expires I won't be renwing because of their price increase, I'll look into Florida or Utah when that happens. The price is comparible but those have many more states than NH anyway.
    Ditto. I originally got the NH permit for a trip to Wyoming and it was quick, easy and economical. It's still easy, quicker than most but no longer economical and now that I have a Utah permit, the only state it ads for me is NH itself which, especially since I'd have to travel through NY to get to NH, I never plan to visit so I'll not be renewing my NH permit either.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

me neither

I will not be renewing mine either!!!!!!!!!!!111111

steve

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post

All the more reason to be lobbying for a reciprocity universal agreement; resident/non-resident permits recognized by all states

It will kill all revenue for the non resident

I and many others will not go back to NH for the non resident ccw permit.

$100 is way to high for a pittance of a CCW permit. They are killing their cash cow.

steve

I got mine just recently, before the fee went up. You can kind of expect it due to the increase in applications, but to jump $80 at one whack is kind of hard to handle. The only reason I did is to be able to carry in Georgia when I go to Florida in September. Georgia doesn't recognize West Virginia and vice versa. They will, however recognize a NH Non-Res. permit. Mine is good now for 5 years, and at the end of that time, I may or may not renew it, depending upon the circumstances. WV could get reciprocity with other states that don't currently honor us.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Links