Securing when can't carry. - Page 2

Securing when can't carry.

This is a discussion on Securing when can't carry. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I lock mine in the console....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Securing when can't carry.

I lock mine in the console.

GET a COM safe

I use a COM safe...it works well. A determined well prepared thief will most likely still get to it, but it will keep a smash and grab thief from getting to it. Also, it's portable (you can move it to a different car easily) and isn't obvious to the public as to what's in it. There are other options available...
    funwitHK
    Aim Low, don't be Disappointed, and Reach your Goals.

In glove box or center console locked. Also, in my opinion, if anyone can see the safe they might want the safe and thus break into your car.

I do not see any real specs on the COM gun safes. What are they made of, total dimensions, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by tbrenke View Post
    2 large center-of-mass car safes. My birthday present this year. Great items.
    +1 - My wife and I have one in each vehicle. My question on another thread was whether or not I lock in my COM safe (under my driver's seat) qualifies as having it locked up as in the trunk. Anyone know?

If I go onto Skyline Drive where cc is still illegal, and I lock my rig under the driver's seat, am I covered?

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I seldom leave a firearm in the vehicle, but if left with no choice I use a Center of Mass safe...well hidden in the vehicle.

In Car Gun Safe
    +1 for the COM safes. I have one in each vehicle and they get the job done. Just remember that a safe in a vehicle is a safe on wheels, meaning the perps can always move the vehicle to a quiet location to get into the safe. It simply provides more time.
    Last edited by lacrosse50; August 6th, 2009 at 05:09 PM. Reason: mis-spelling
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by BaserRonin View Post
    I do not see any real specs on the COM gun safes. What are they made of, total dimensions, etc?
    Cabela's -- Secure-It Key-Operated Handgun Storage Safe

Same thing COM sells and at the same price.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post

If I go onto Skyline Drive where cc is still illegal, and I lock my rig under the driver's seat, am I covered?
    From what this site says, yes.

Traps, nets and unloaded weapons may be possessed within a temporary lodging or mechanical mode of conveyance when such implements are rendered temporarily inoperable or are packed, cased or stored in a manner that will prevent their ready use. (b) Carrying or possessing a loaded weapon in a motor vehicle, vessel or other mode of transportation is prohibited, except that carrying or possessing a loaded weapon in a vessel is allowed when such vessel is not being propelled by machinery and is used as a shooting platform in accordance with Federal and State law.

How to Transport Firearms Through National & State Parks Legallyarmed.com

I can't fit a single gun safe under the seat in my small pickup truck, so I put the pistol under the seat, and leave a very large dog to keep the gremlins away. He has a definate attitude about strange people messing with his truck!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I seldom leave a firearm in the vehicle, but if left with no choice I use a Center of Mass safe...well hidden in the vehicle.

In Car Gun Safe
    Actually this is what I am using, only under the Secure-It name.

Behinde my truck seat I weilded a modifide ammo box 3inWx7intallx10inL With a slap latch & pad lock works great ; )
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Quote Originally Posted by KenInColo View Post
    +1 on the COM safe but beware, if that Fed. Govt. Bldg. has it's own parking lot, you can't even park there; it's Federal Property.
    OOOPPPPS

Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    I can't fit a single gun safe under the seat in my small pickup truck, so I put the pistol under the seat, and leave a very large dog to keep the gremlins away. He has a definate attitude about strange people messing with his truck!
    Love it dogs are good for that also.

We can carry in Florida vehicle as most of you know as long as it is in a "closed" container... zipped leather case works for me. Fits in the driver door pocket almost completely out of site. Easy to retrieve if needed while driving if not carrying. If it is noticed (never had a car break in other than a total theft in Cleveland Ohio 30 Years ago) it looks like a CD case as you only see the edge of it. Insured if stolen.
    Bag Man
    Hobbyist Gunsmith
    www.concealedcarrybags.com
    Concealed Carry Bags
    "We Conceal it, You Carry it"

Im going to pick up one of the center of mass safes. I wonder if the one cabelas sales is the same thing? They are about the same price but ive bought ALOT of stuff from cabelas and like dealing with them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links