Delaware - Virginia

Delaware - Virginia

This is a discussion on Delaware - Virginia within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When did Delaware start honoring Virginia CHP's? We're gaining a few states every year....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delaware - Virginia

Delaware - Virginia

When did Delaware start honoring Virginia CHP's? We're gaining a few states every year.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government".
    Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Last month IIRC. I'm very happy about this one!
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Thanks GWRedDragon. I travel through DE going to Atlantic City once a year, but that want help because I can't take my pistol to "Jersey".
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government".
    Patrick Henry

Delaware is a great place to visit on its own. Very pretty state and sales-tax free of course.

I always noticed that when you drive across the border into NJ everything goes from clean and pretty to smelly, dirty and crumbling. Why anyone would want to vacation in NJ is beyond me.

And now that DE has reciprocity for my permit, it is even better!

Ever been to a punkin chunkin?
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post
    <snip> Why anyone would want to vacation in NJ is beyond me.<snip>
    We call it "poker" and we love to watch folks from NYC to their money. I've bought 2 handguns with poker money I won in AC.
    RedKnightt

Zombie Squad has it right: "We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything."

Delaware
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

GWRedDragon.......

Never been to one, but the Second Amendment II has it's home nearby. I drive past it all the time. It's a compressed air type and I hear it can throw a punkin about 400 yards.

I saw that thing in TV, I surprised the Brady Campaign hasn't tried to ban that too. lol
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post
    Delaware is a great place to visit on its own. Very pretty state and sales-tax free of course.

I always noticed that when you drive across the border into NJ everything goes from clean and pretty to smelly, dirty and crumbling. Why anyone would want to vacation in NJ is beyond me.

And now that DE has reciprocity for my permit, it is even better!

Ever been to a punkin chunkin?
    It's called taking the little lady to Caesar's Palace to gamble w/comped rooms and meals.
    Patrick Henry

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy McC View Post
    Thanks GWRedDragon. I travel through DE going to Atlantic City once a year, but that want help because I can't take my pistol to "Jersey".
    or maryland; DE is surrounded except PA to our north
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by bbqgrill View Post
    or maryland; DE is surrounded except PA to our north
    I don't take my pistol to NJ because I spend a few days there.

I can legally "pass through" MD, or any state, if my pistol is properly stored because of the McClure-Volkmer act of 1986 if I am going to a jurisdicton where possession is legal.
    Patrick Henry

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy McC View Post
    I can legally "pass through" MD, or any state, if my pistol is properly stored because of the McClure-Volkmer act of 1986 if I am going to a jurisdicton where possession is legal.
    I get that part; unfortunately a "properly" stored firearm is not available to protect your life.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I get that part; unfortunately a "properly" stored firearm is not available to protect your life.
    I do that. I unload and lock up and don't stop once while in an unfriendly state, not even for gas. I don't think it's a big deal if you do that. Luckily the vehicle I'm driving now can go over 500 miles on a single tank of gas. And, I'm sure it would make a great defensive weapon as well!

That's the way some states want it. Maybe some day we can help change some gun laws by voting anti-gunners OUT.
    Patrick Henry

For those who think it is a major change when you leave Delaware and enter NJ you need to go to the northern part as in Newark. Then you will realize that South NJ is the Garden State.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links