Does Sotomayor Confirmation = 2nd Run on Guns and Ammo

This is a discussion on Does Sotomayor Confirmation = 2nd Run on Guns and Ammo within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Our walmart does get moderate amounts in... right now 40SW is in and this morning 200 rds of 9mm... You can't really stock up at ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Sotomayor Confirmation = 2nd Run on Guns and Ammo

cmb

Not enough ammo for a run!

Our walmart does get moderate amounts in... right now 40SW is in and this morning 200 rds of 9mm... You can't really stock up at one swoop and everywhere except walmart the prices are so much higher... I just keep searching... last time I got impatient I bought 9mm for 17 a box of 50, 2 weeks later and since i have been getting 9mm for 10 a box...

if you nedd though I guess you pay... now I am impatiently waiting for 45auto...

2. Remove Ads

Likely no. She won't want to make waves right away.
    Though, you can bet that since she's already ruled against a white plaintiff (most of us know it was a racially biased ruling, the rest just won't admit the truth), that she'll likely go along with anything the Fed (specifically BO) says about anyone not classified demographically as a minority.

The one majore issue that we can now guarantee will never be heard is the citizenship dispute on BO. With Sotomayor now a Supreme Court Justice appointed by BO, she likely cut a deal that she will not allow any cases against BO to be heard. Challenges against the government were difficult enough, now we're sure to get denial after denial to hear cases against the government.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Let's hope not!

I still can't manage to magically appear at the wal-mart ammo case between the time the 9mm gets wheeled out from the back and the vultures swoop down and pick-it apart.

I was there at flippin' midnight and saw them attempting to find shelves to stock the immense supply of shotgun shells they had, hell I think they've rolled back prices on that stuff. Went back at 7 this morning to see 1 box of WWB of .357 sig and a couple of .44 mag that hadn't been to the case yet. Still no 9mm,

Joker1
    Same here, I can not seem to be there when there is any .45acp of any type.
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Let's hope not!

I still can't manage to magically appear at the wal-mart ammo case between the time the 9mm gets wheeled out from the back and the vultures swoop down and pick-it apart.

I was there at flippin' midnight and saw them attempting to find shelves to stock the immense supply of shotgun shells they had, hell I think they've rolled back prices on that stuff. Went back at 7 this morning to see 1 box of WWB of .357 sig and a couple of .44 mag that hadn't been to the case yet. Still no 9mm,

Joker1

Why don't you just ask some of us that have stockpiled for sport shooting? I'm sure some of us will only gouge the price a little.

Heck, I even found .45ACP yesterday and thought to myself: hmph...don't really need it, but I do want to target shoot this weekend without cutting into my stock....ok, I'll bite on just 1 value pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackeagle View Post
    Some people are still only working on their second?
    My thoughts exactly... but we all started somewhere.

It won't happen until after they socialize health care.

I'm not worried about finding ammo, it's keeping up the pace on the Barack Obama "Gun a Month" club that is killing my budget!
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Quote Originally Posted by puncho View Post
    It won't happen until after they socialize health care.

I guess that will be in about a month then...

Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    With Sotomayor replacing Souter, the only way the court could really change is if Obama Had really bad intel on her and she is a Closet Conservative/Gun Nut, otherwise it is a wash Liberal for Liberal.
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

I really hope that there IS a run on CCW permits.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I really hope that there IS a run on CCW permits.
    Amen!!

Joker1

I didn't know the first one was over!

It seems as if the run on guns and ammo here in SW Virginia is slowing down somewhat. My local Wally has .40 about anytime I want to buy and we see some 9mm on the shelves more often. The .380 and 38 special is still tough to get. The gun shop where I buy most of my toys has pretty much all calibers of ammo except .380 and he got a couple of cases of that the other day. I picked up a few boxes for my practice rounds. Still tough to get SD .380 ammo anywhere. Even the small handguns for CCW are back in stock round here. I've seen some LCPs and Kel Tec P3ATs in stock and those were very rare months ago. I'm hoping the run on both guns and ammo is dying down so that it gets a little easier to build up supplies. It's hard to stay proficient with a gun if you don't have the ammo to practice.
    G23 w/GTL21, G27, Ruger LCP, & Taurus 617 SS
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Member
    VT Class of '96

I don't know how there could be another run on that which hardly exists anymore.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Obama did more to arm Americans than the Germans did in WWII. Maybe Ms. Sotomayor will finish getting the rest armed.
    Have Gun ~ Will Carry
    S-Safety
    M-Motivation
    A-Awareness
    R-Responsibility
    T-Training

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links