Encountering another CCWer while in a situation...

This is a discussion on Encountering another CCWer while in a situation... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wow, Darwin at it's best If I was a McDonalds having a Big Mac for lunch and someone was robbing the place, I'd just quietly ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Encountering another CCWer while in a situation...

Wow, Darwin at it's best

If I was a McDonalds having a Big Mac for lunch and someone was robbing the place, I'd just quietly un-snap my holster incase I need to draw and just resume enjoying my Big Mac. I ain't getting involved unless the robber approaches me and demands my valuables.

2. Remove Ads

He forgot to flash his CCW badge...

Quote Originally Posted by dlclarkii View Post
    If I was a McDonalds having a Big Mac for lunch and someone was robbing the place, I'd just quietly un-snap my holster incase I need to draw and just resume enjoying my Big Mac. I ain't getting involved unless the robber approaches me and demands my valuables.
    I'd strongly recommend keeping both of your hands free. Enjoying the Big Mac can wait until the perps are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Defensive Arms View Post
    I'd strongly recommend keeping both of your hands free. Enjoying the Big Mac can wait until the perps are gone.

You are right, I don't to put greasy fingers on my gun

Seriously, why? Just wondering what you're thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldskoolfan View Post

... but it is our duty as CCW permit holders.
    From handgunlaw.us:

Illinois Does not honor any other states Permits/Licenses

Illinois does not issue any type of Permit/License to carry a firearm concealed.

Non Carry state. Carrying firearms in Illinois is very difficult unless unloaded and stored so they are not accessible.

I have to say this, especially after some of the posts you have made condemning others for not carrying 24/7, every place they go: considering you live in a state where carrying concealed is illegal, who are you to be giving anyone advice on how to react when carrying?
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post
    It's from Idaho.
    The story is from Idaho; the poster is from Illinois - a state where carrying concealed is illegal!
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

DM2
    Wow, what can you say to respond to this situation, except DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS AT HOME.

For those who say that we, as CPL holders, have the responsibility to inject ourselves into a situation to stop what we perceive as a crime, I say I respectfully disagree. As an outsider we have no idea who is the aggressor and who is not. And I would venture to say that if we go around repeating the behavior reported in this story, we can rest assured that we will land in the same position, facing criminal charges and hefty legal bills. It's people like the license holders in this story that scare me.
    DM2
    "I did the thing I feared the most. Excuse me while I cheer. Now here I stand a stronger soul and all I lost was fear." ...Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by DM2 View Post
    Wow, what can you say to respond to this situation, except DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS AT HOME.

For those who say that we, as CPL holders, have the responsibility to inject ourselves into a situation to stop what we perceive as a crime, I say I respectfully disagree. As an outsider we have no idea who is the aggressor and who is not. And I would venture to say that if we go around repeating the behavior reported in this story, we can rest assured that we will land in the same position, facing criminal charges and hefty legal bills. It's people like the license holders in this story that scare me.
    One thing comes to mind are undercover agents. You could really f things up.

It easy to play monday morning QB after all the facts are known.

Quote Originally Posted by puncho View Post
    Which is what we're left with. Hence, making what we can of it, learning from the experience.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Although the first CCW holder was stupid, I doubt if he will get prosecuted. He'll get his butt chewed and learn a big lesson.

The second guy thought he was protecting a helpless person. Although I wouldn't draw in that situation, again, I doubt if he will be prosecuted.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Quote Originally Posted by dlclarkii View Post
    You are right, I don't to put greasy fingers on my gun

Seriously, why? Just wondering what you're thinking?
    Errrr...what if the perps start coming your way while you're munching on your Big Mac with greasy hands?

If armed robbers enter Mickey D's, I believe it would be very wise to un-snap your holster and wipe off your hands. Also keep your eyes on the perps at all times, and ensure that any loved ones who are with you keep their heads low.

An armed robbery is a very serious event. You just don't nonchalantly go back to eating your burger because you think they're not going to bother you.

DM2
    Quote Originally Posted by puncho View Post
    That's why using the weapon between your ears is the better choice here, not playing cop. The BG was fleeing the scene and no one had been injured ... threat over. Wanna-be #1 had enough info at the time of pulling his weapon to have known better. No Monday Morning QB needed.

Wanna be #2 should have stayed out of the situation. He had no knowledge of what was going on or if wanna be #1 was a LEO or not. He was not threatened in any way but injected himself into the situation without the benefit of knowing who was the BG and who was the GG. Again, no Monday morning QG needed.

Now, all three of them are Monday morning QBing, wondering what they could/should have done differently while we, the members and readers of DC, are trying to learn from their bad decisions so we can make different decision and retain our freedom.
    DM2
    "I did the thing I feared the most. Excuse me while I cheer. Now here I stand a stronger soul and all I lost was fear." ...Anonymous

stuff like this can ruin it for all us

Quote Originally Posted by DM2 View Post
    That's why using the weapon between your ears is the better choice here, not playing cop. The BG was fleeing the scene and no one had been injured ... threat over. Wanna-be #1 had enough info at the time of pulling his weapon to have known better. No Monday Morning QB needed.

Wanna be #2 should have stayed out of the situation. He had no knowledge of what was going on or if wanna be #1 was a LEO or not. He was not threatened in any way but injected himself into the situation without the benefit of knowing who was the BG and who was the GG. Again, no Monday morning QG needed.

Now, all three of them are Monday morning QBing, wondering what they could/should have done differently while we, the members and readers of DC, are trying to learn from their bad decisions so we can make different decision and retain our freedom.

More monday morning QBing. You're 100% correct based on the info we now have. I hope someone cuts you some slack when your good intentions back fire on you in life. Those two citizens would be better people, if they take the time to educate them, rather than prosecute them!
    Last edited by puncho; August 7th, 2009 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Spelling

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links