I can't conceal in a suit!

This is a discussion on I can't conceal in a suit! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am having a problem. As my sig says, I carry a G19 in a Crossbreed Supertuck. I have no issues concealing even with tighter ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I can't conceal in a suit!

I am having a problem. As my sig says, I carry a G19 in a Crossbreed Supertuck. I have no issues concealing even with tighter shirts. I don't have to wear big baggy shirts, and over shirts and all that stuff people say you should wear. I have not, as of yet, carried in a suit. The only time I wear a suit is to Church, and I don't carry there. I have a function coming up in a few weekends, and I was messing around trying to see how my rig would conceal...well it doesn't. It prints like crazy through the jacket. The suit I was planning on wearing is a lighter suit more suitable for 110 deg. NV summers. It is 100% wool, but light. I even tried my thicker suits, and they print as well. I have no idea what to do. I have no problem with the IWB, but it is a little tight becuase my suits are fitted. I was even considering going OWB because of that, but seeing as I can't even conceal my Glock in a CB, I don't see how it would conceal OWB.

Any suggestions?

Edit: I know you all have seen this before, but what is the holster he is using, anyone know? My suit is pretty much exactly what he is wearing for reference..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iioqyi4ZTJg

Have you tried changing the location of where you put your holster? Like moving from 3 or 4 o'clock to 2 o'clock or even a 9 o'clock cross draw? Just a thought.......
    Our kindness may be the most persuasive argument for that which we believe.

-Gordon B. Hinckley-

Yea I tried moving it from 4:30, 5 O'clock (behind kindey basically) where I usually wear it, to 3 O'clock. It still slighty prints AND maks my pants look all weird and moved to the side.

I am fairly slim and I find that my 23 conceals best at 3:30 in a OWB holster in a suit. I use either a Bianchi CarryLok or a Don Hume H721OT. Also have you tried a shoulder rig?

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Suits are usually cut to a more form fit style than most clothes. I had the same problem. Once when I bought a suit at S&K I told the fitter that I carried a gun and they let the suit out around the middle where I carried. That suit worked perfectly.

I have no problem with the IWB, but it is a little tight becuase my suits are fitted.
    There's "fitted" and then there's "fitted to you WITH your firearm/holster combination."

My suggestion would be to speak with a tailor who can make adjustments accordingly.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

My suggestion is to either get your suit fitted to you and your pistol or get one of those Deep Concealment shoulder rigs. The only issue I can see with the Deep Concealement is it is a band that goes around your mid section, and when you add your coat it might get real warm.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Hmm, I didn't think about a shoulder rig. I need to go check some out. Take the jacket with me, and try them on.

I don't know about altering any of my suits. Like I said, I usually only wear them to Church, where I don't carry.

VIP Member
    I don't know what to tell you...the crap I wear under a suit jacket on a regular basis would choke a horse. If I could get away with just a pistol, I'd be overjoyed. My P228 (roughly the same size as the G19) disappears at 3-3:30, either IWB or OWB. Then again, I wear my pistol when buying suits or jackets, so they are tailored with that in mind...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    I have a sport coat fitted before I carried and that one SCREAMS gun. I have another that was taylored to fit while wearing my G27 in a MTAC and it works like a champ making a perfect cover garment!
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

I suspect the movie was edited. Notice the actor is not wearing a belt to support his holster - and I don't even see a holster even in slow motion.
    When wearing a iwb your belt and pants stick out, less noticeable over kidney but still there if you look. And sometimes the suit jacket will catch on rubberized grips.

I've got a barrel of holsters I've tried: IWB/OWB, PagerPal, Minuteman, Bianchi, fanny packs, day-planners, and ankle rigs.
    Best concealment I have found is shoulder carry: comfortable, hides well, doesn't bang on door frames, no seat belt interference, no bucket seat-gun barrel contact. If you are going to get a hug from somebody - just present your weak side first.

EW3
    Easy:

Ruger LCP in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster.

Problem solved!
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

I have carried a Glock 19, while wearing a suite, while in church, and even while preaching! I wear it at 5:30. I'll have a T-shirt, then a dress shirt tucked in. I do not button my jacket. I have gained weight, so all of my suites are a little tight right now.

You just need to gain a few hundred pounds and then you could CCW in your Birthday Suit
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I see two choices for your selection of firearm...either a 'man purse'()...or a shoulder holster. Most of the guys I know would go for the shoulder holster.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links