Liberal Teacher what to do? - Page 2

Liberal Teacher what to do?

This is a discussion on Liberal Teacher what to do? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would just like to say that it is rediculous to use the word "liberal" as you would the word "*******" or "dumb ****". To ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I would just like to say that it is rediculous to use the word "liberal" as you would the word "*******" or "dumb ****". To say that someone is liberal, in the way that most americans do, is like saying they are terrible human beings or un-patriotic.

However, it makes me sad that the only way to get around this situation without harming your children is to just let it slide and bite the bullet. Sounds like this teacher has the same problem as a small percentage of police officers do...he needs to be in a different profession. He has a hard on for politics and propaganda, not for teaching children. He needs to get out of teaching altogether so he does not damage anymore young minds.
    I'm married to my Kahr.

Hagphish- I understand your sentiment. While the teacher in question may very well be a liberal, the real problem is that he's anti-gun and pig-headed.

Huckster gets a pass from me, I would be emotional too if it were my child.
    Pax
    Tulsa, OK

It's still true - never mess with the "cubs"! That raises the dander and the emotions REAL quick!

In idaho we have the choice of what school our children will attend. If me I'd have her take that one class in another school without that teacher. If enough students do this, the teacher wouldn't have a job.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

I can tell you one thing.

Im a newspaper reporter, and if this thing happened in my community, Id be all over it.

You can stop this, IF you are willing to embarass the school board.

Get comments from professional law enforcement, get the NRA or GOA involved, and get it in the paper. Turn the letter over to the paper, and allow your daughter to go on the record as to what the teacher said.

Give me a week, and I could stop this in my town.
    "I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:

Liberal Teacher

You have choices some affordable some not so. First you have to look at the public school system and college system. The college professors these days are all anti gun that are trying to indoctrinate our young, don't trust a one of them. Our local public schools were teaching islam stuff and that was going too far, of course don't try to say a prayer to Jesus Christ though. My daughter now goes to a private christian school that teaches God and country. You do have the right to pull her out of that class for that day. The school board should not allow anti american films especially from that commy Michael Moore. The other option is home schooling, do it for a year if you can. Or you will have to talk with your kids everyday to make sure that they are not being brain washed and will keep your ethics and beliefs.

Good Luck to ya this is a tough one

Edited By BUD WHITE
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

VIP Member
    Like others have posted, I'd contact the NRA....I'm sure they'd want to raise Cain.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

There's a great 'pro-gun' response to Michael "big liar" Moore's Columbine propaganda. Pick up a copy of Michael & Me by Larry Elder. You can find it at Amazon or on Larry Elder's website: http://www.larryelder.com/

If the liberal teacher gets to show Moore's lies, try to get the school to make him show Michael & Me. If they have any sense of fair play, they'll agree. Then again, it's the liberal mindset...
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them."
    George Mason

"Gun control is a job-safety program for criminals."
    John R. Lott

A Question

Is Home Schooling an option for you.

If so it solves all your problems. Your child gets a better education.
    You get to control the environment and you can list this jerk as your primary reason.

As much as I would hate to watch Michael Moores propaganda,Why not rent it and study it with your daughter beforehand(Explain the lies).Then when her class is discussing the film after watching it, she can tear that commie teacher up with the truth,in front of the other students.This will do more good than skipping class that day!This will drive her teacher crazy,Screw that class !This late in the school year it would be real hard for the POS teacher to sabatage her grade to much.

I think the removing here from the course for the day the crappy movie shows and letting school board know you will do this every anti film would be good move..

Then take day off work and take her to the shooting range

VIP Member
    Huckster,

I'm not familiar with how the schools work in Wisconsin. Do you have an elected school board? I know that in other places I've lived you have an elected representative on the school board. I would go to them as one course of action. I would only use the movie as yet another example of the teachers dictatorial tactics against the children. I would bring to the school board's attention that a civics teacher shouldn't be a dictator and should not be presenting a social agenda.

I would be cautious about how I went about this since the teacher will take it out on your daughter and most likely the siblings later. The teachers know the power they have is the grade book. However if you and more importantly your daughter are willing to fight, this is a civics lesson beyond all others.

I would have your daughter write a paper on dictatorships and how this teacher operates just like a dictator. Draw the parellels, which you have already detailed a few here. I would offer it to the principal and my school board member as an alternative grade for this civics class. As a parent I would strenuously object to this teacher and would try to find other parents who would do the same. For the principal and the school board it is a numbers game. If there are enough parents making noise about the teacher they will at least look into it and possibly some action will be taken.

If the easy way out is what your daughter prefers, remove her from that session only, objecting to the graphic nature of the film. Alternatively as the parent you could request to be there for the film and you can have the debate with the teacher. I would definitely watch it ahead of time so you have ready information. It should be your right as a parent to sit in any class your child attends. It may be the best 2-3 hours you take off work this year.

I would not recommend that your daughter take this teacher on directly in class. As a dictator over children he will only bully and deride her in front of her peers. He will do anything to make her look bad. As you have said he has already done. He will also get angry and try to find any way he can to affect her grade (I'm sure he can find a way). As an adult and Chief of Police you have a higher level of credibility, and even though the teacher will try those tactics with you, ultimately you may help educate the students in that class more than this teacher will.

I prefer not to use the labels liberal, conservative, anti-gun or pro-gun. In this case I would say this is an anti-rights teacher. If you are against any part of the Bill of Rights you are anti-rights. I don't believe liberals or conservatives, democrats or republicans own any high ground when it comes to rights in this country. Both sides of the aisle are anti-rights in one way or another. The left wing wants your guns, the right wing wants your protections under the law (search & seizure et. al.).

Good luck sir.
    -Scott-

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    If this teacher is as big a jerk to all of his students as he has been to your daughter, support among the other students, and thus the parents should be relatively easy to get.

One thing no teen likes is an arrogant teacher. Many will jump at the chance to embarass him. Maybe even stage a walk out of his class.
    Ultimately you and your daughter need to have some serious talks about this, and if you give her permission to do something back her to the wall if it goes badly.

One other thing, maybe this guy needs a little special scrutiny from your friends in the police dept. Guys like that almost always have been or are currently drug users.

I suggest you use it as an opportunity to teach your children about civics, civil disobedience and free speech. If it were me, I would ask the children to be polite and do their assignments, watch the movies and pay attention in case material from the movies ends up on tests, and I would check the movies out from the library or rent them, and review them with the kids to provide an alternative perspective. This guy can cause problems for your kids far out of scale to his size. Let the jerk think he's "won". He won't know the difference and he is far too small for you to be wasting any time on him.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrash
    (SNIP) Why not rent it and study it with your daughter beforehand(Explain the lies).Then when her class is discussing the film after watching it, she can tear that commie teacher up with the truth,in front of the other students. (SNIP)
    I like that idea a lot.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links