Defensive Carry banner

Wife passed w/flying colors!

1K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  GoldenSaber 
#1 ·
Well, I have to say I am especially proud of my wife today. She went into her HCP class very nervous. She gets test anxiety, and she was also nervous about shooting in a large group of people she didn't know. We have been to the range several times over the last few weeks, so I knew she would shoot fine, but she blew both tests out of the water!

The written test was 30 questions, and she aced every one. Her fear of freezing up was obviously unfounded.

The shooting portion required that 34 of 48 shots be in the target. She hit 2 in the 8-ring, 14 in the 9-ring, and the other 32 in the 10-ring. She used a Beretta 92FS. It was great for her because it's 9mm and the size/weight reduces felt recoil.

Now we just have to fill out the app, get the background check, and pay the $115, and she will be joining us sheepdogs.

Darren

#2 ·
Congrats to the wife.:hand10:
Sounds like she's on her way...to out shooting YOU...:image035:

#3 ·
No doubt. I've always heard that women in general shoot better than we do. One of the theories is that they don't come into it with preconceived notions about how to do it, so they listen to instruction. Also that they have better hand/eye coordination.

I would not be surprised to see her out-shoot me soon if she keeps up her practice.

#6 ·
:congrats: Way to go :congrats:

Also that they have better hand/eye coordination.
You know i have wondered because my wife will look down those sights for what feels like a week & then BOOM another kill shot :rolleyes:

#12 ·
:congrats::congrats::congrats:

#14 ·
Congrats to the wife!

#15 ·
Many kudos to your wife. Will she carry every day?

#18 ·
Congrats to the both of you!

One thing my wife and I like to do on our anniversary is to go to the range and then to dinner.
(I love the smell of GSR and steak.)

Carry on!

#21 ·
Gil -

Unfortunately, neither of us can carry 24-7 because of employer policies. I don't think she will carry often anyway since away from work we are together 99% of the time. Of course Saturday was an exception while she took her class. :)

Now that TN has FINALLY passed restaurant carry I am carrying much more often. We're getting there!

Darren

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.