Gun Buster signs disappearing - Page 2

Gun Buster signs disappearing

This is a discussion on Gun Buster signs disappearing within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I see that "Random" asked about this as well. If you e-mail me I will send you the pdf file and instructions to make these ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun Buster signs disappearing

I see that "Random" asked about this as well. If you e-mail me I will send you the pdf file and instructions to make these for yourself: tbmccord@earthlink.net

If you rather not deal with making them, I can mail you some of them. I charge only the amount to cover my costs. I don't make a penny profit distributing these to my 2nd Amendment brothers.
    NRA Instructor

NRA Endowment Member

Be a mentor to the youth of our communities.
    Show them the way to shoot for the moon.
    If they miss, push them to reach out for a star.
    If any gang banger punks try to divert their attention...
    show them the light as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    I don't see any chance of change on the horizon for Wisconsin or especially for Illinois.

BTW, I assume you're from Iowa based on the "joint Iowa-Utah-Florida course" statement, so how about working on your state? They won't accept anyone's permit but their own.

Hoss
    True, Iowa doesn't. I think the main reason is the county Sheriffs want yearly background checks performed. But if you think it is bad we don't allow other state permits in realize it is worse than that. If I lived in certain counties I wouldn't have a permit in Iowa either as it is up to each county sheriff to make the call and plenty of them have a blanket no permit issued policy. Iowa Carry, a group I support, is trying to change all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    I don't suppose you remember any of the details? What else did it say?
    Random--- Goto this web site No Gun No Money They have Kansas and Missouri ready to print. If you don't live in either of those states they have a Generic card you can print.
    Kansas Concealed Carry Website

NRA/Ks. Firearms instructor
    Cheif Range Safety Officer

That card makes total sense. I always wondered what the store owners posting the signs were thinking. Were talking about CONCEALED carry...so customers and the owners themselves would never even know you were carrying..so who would you rather have in your store..

A- BG's and non law abiding people carrying illegally with no training/back round checks, who saw the sign outside and are now excited that they are the only ones carrying in the store and would meet no resistance if they wanted to do something stupid... mixed with trained CC'ers without there guns, because they (us) being law abiding enough to get the permits, listened to your sign and didn't bring our gun in.

or

B- Trained, legal customers carrying for personal protection, possibly mixed with some BG's/no gooders who aren't sure who is carrying/who isn't and would never try anything because of that fact.

The owners/customers would never know who is carrying UNTIL

A- One of their employees is shot and now they have a gun in their face being asked to open the register, and having to comply and possibly die because they banned any CC'er from utilizing their weapon to stop the current threat to their life....

or

B- They see someone pull a gun and fire at an employee, then hear more gunfire and see the bad guy crumple to the ground where he belongs, then look up and see a CC'er scanning the area checking for other threats, safing his weapon and calling 911.

It seems to me like it would only take a small amount of common sense to think about these A or B scenarios and make a decision not to post signs in a heartbeat, but I guess not?
    "I'd rather have one and not need it, than need one and not have it!"

Everytime positive gun legislation gets passed all the under educated anti gun people scream wild west blood in the streets total chaos murder capitol BS.

In the end it never happens yet even today people still scream it. It is happening right now in TN with the Sept 1 gun in parks law that passed. All the city councils are trying to side step the law screaming how guns in parks are not safe and blah blah blah. Same old BS. '

It has been One years since that school district in Texas allowed guns to be carried by staff in Texas. Not only has nobody been killed, it is not even a big deal anymore.

Stupid is as stupid does.

I've noticed the same thing lately. There has been several places that had signs up but now do not. don't know why they are being taken down but am happy to see them go.

Glad to hear it's not just a local phenomenon.

J.S.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything
    Wyatt Earp

NRA Member

I say no sign means it is okay to carry. Remember, concealed means concealed.

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    One of the biggest reasons the signs have gone pretty much away, is that when concealed carry started in Kansas, there was a list of I think 22 or 23 places the law said was off limits and they put up signs immediately. Since then, it has been changed to that if a place did not want concealed carry in their place, they had to put up the sign. Signs dropped off very fast after the new laws went into effect.

A lot of the first signs came from the League of Municipalities here in Kansas. They went around screaming the sky is falling, and if you don't put a sign up, someone will kill you just like the wild west. Kinda like the same system that the United Nations is. They do a whole lot of talking, but don't say anything. We rallied together, had meetings, picnics, and other get togethers to talk about how to fight the idiot politicians. The NO Gun = NO $$ worked in a lot of places, as did just talking in a civilized manner.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Quote Originally Posted by svinfinity45 View Post
    It seems to me like it would only take a small amount of common sense to think about these A or B scenarios and make a decision not to post signs in a heartbeat, but I guess not?
    This has been posted a number of times, but it's still hysterical every time I watch it.

Gun Free Zone
    -Tony

"Those who beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who didn't." -- Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    1. They took the signs down because they never saw any concealed guns so they assumed they weren't an issue.

2. Of course CHP people are gunslingers. Why else would they go to all the trouble of getting a permit if thy weren't going to shoot someone??? (Anybody remember this anti-gun argument from days gone by?)
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links