How many guns is too many to carry?

This is a discussion on How many guns is too many to carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Actually ShadeAngel I have considered what will happen after an incident. I have a few other options other then my Primary and Bug I am ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: How many guns is too many to carry?

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Actually ShadeAngel I have considered what will happen after an incident. I have a few other options other then my Primary and Bug I am carrying. I also have family that will loan me a spare just incase, heck my family has gone out a few times and we all start discussing who's carrying what. Plus, they usually only take the weapons used in the shooting, not others on you, unless its unclear what weapons were used. It also is how "Clean" of a shoot it was on weather they take the others.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by TerriLi View Post
    Actually ShadeAngel I have considered what will happen after an incident. I have a few other options other then my Primary and Bug I am carrying. I also have family that will loan me a spare just incase, heck my family has gone out a few times and we all start discussing who's carrying what. Plus, they usually only take the weapons used in the shooting, not others on you, unless its unclear what weapons were used. It also is how "Clean" of a shoot it was on weather they take the others.
    I will have to take your word for that in your jurisdictions. I do know from conversations with LEOs in several of my local jurisdictions that if you are involved in a shooting, even if it is squeaky “clean” every gun you have on you at the time is going into evidence.

I just wanted to bring it up as one more thing to think about when carrying multiple guns.
    "You can't shake the devils hand and say you were only kidding"

In the colder months I always carry my SA XD9 subcompact and ALWAYS have my S&W 642 in my weak side outer coat pocket. My hand never leaves the grip even when shopping that was if things go wrong I'm always ready to fire even through the pocket if need be. In the hotter months I carry a taurus 7 shot 357mag at about 2 o clock on my belt and if I think it's necessary the BUG goes in the opposite pocket as well as knife on either side of the belt. My daughters life and mine is more important than the inconvenience.
    "Fear is nothing more than an emotional response to the perception of danger coupled with the belief that I can't handle it."
    "If you change that belief to 'I can handle it', you'll no longer experience FEAR. You'll simply see what you are facing is a challenge... an opportunity to test yourself.

I know this post will get lost in the blizzard of responses but here goes.

For me it's like layering clothes. First you start with a small gun. For me that's a 642 with two extra bullet strips. Any reliable small .380 or better will do. This is usually carried in an NPE environment deep cover mode. My EDC.

Next I carry either IWB or OWB my G23 if my garments or circumstances allow. If I was packing a Rifle I might stow the 642 in a coat pocket or pack pocket but keep the 23 on my hip. Not rocket science and I'm no HRO.
    For the stength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack. - R. Kipling

Romans 1:22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools [professing to be smart, they made simpletons of themselves].

As a civilian in everyday scenarios I am comfortable with one CC pistol, (XD9sc or XDm9), spare mag, tac light and folding knife. When working on assignment in an atmosphere where the perceived/actual threat is increased, I also carry my P3at BUG in ankle holster.

It really dependa on what I am doing and where I am going. The number of guns carried varies from 1 to 6. My normal number is 2. I always carry 1 concealed. If I go Cowboy shooting that means I have 5 : 1 concealed, 2 single action revolvers, 1 shotgun, and 1 leveraction rifle.

General hunting season I may carry 3 or 4 ; rifle, 1 concealed pistol, large revolver on hip, and possible 22 caliber pistol in pack.

The number of guns and knives depends on what I may think I will need for activity I will be doing.

I always carry one and a spare mag folder knife and tac light. Sometime pocket holster sometimes ankle holster. If threat assessment goes up then will carry 2 with and one more in center console and shogun close at hand.

I usually carry my Glock 23 in a IWB holster with a extra mag, and a Glock 29 in my Concealment under armor shirt with extra mag for that.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Links