Costco in Orlando

Costco in Orlando

This is a discussion on Costco in Orlando within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Need help Does anyone know if the Costco in Orlando is a no carry store. Maxwell...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Costco in Orlando

Distinguished Member Array maxwell's Avatar

Costco in Orlando

Need help

Does anyone know if the Costco in Orlando is a no carry store.

Maxwell

Outside of the few "No Carry" areas discussed in FL law, signs from places like Costco's mean absolutely nothing.

FL is a CC state only, so who is going to know?

I would certainly carry at such a place...concealed is concealed. The won't see your firearm, and you are still able to defend yourself if the need should arise.

Stay armed...you can in FL...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

As retsupt said.........except as specified by statute, there just ain't no such thang in FL!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

You can carry in any Costco in Florida you want and are legal. The worst they can do is ask you to leave. And thats the way it is....

EW3
    "Concealed is concealed"

'nuff said.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" Ė George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Same here, all our Costco's have the "sign" but what they don't know won't hurt them. The most they can do is ask me to leave.

Some places like Bass Pro Shops, etc. have no gun signs up because they want to make sure that if your bring a gun in to trade or have repaired it’s unloaded.

But as others have said; unless it’s listed in Florida’s statues, you can carry there, and the worse they can do is ask you to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by tns0038 View Post
    Some places like Bass Pro Shops, etc. have no gun signs up because they want to make sure that if your bring a gun in to trade or have repaired itís unloaded.

But as others have said; unless itís listed in Floridaís statues, you can carry there, and the worse they can do is ask you to leave.
    Yep.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

I worked at the door in one for a bit and got to know a lot of the customers. See them often and get to talking- turns out two of them, at least carried and showed me their rigs. I personally didn't care and never heard any corporate policy on it.
    As the others have said in Fla signs have no legal standing.

Costco in Jax

I was in the Costco in Jax a few hours ago and they didn't have a sign. My guess is they would all have one or none would. Obviously they don't have metal detectors.

Sorry to hijack, but what about movie theaters in FL. There's a sign at ours, but I carry anyway. I thought there was something about seating capacity?
    Last edited by onetuza; August 13th, 2009 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Punctuation
    "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
    - P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian

- Nex ut Novus Universitas Ordo! -

Quote Originally Posted by tns0038 View Post
    Some places like Bass Pro Shops, etc. have no gun signs up because they want to make sure that if your bring a gun in to trade or have repaired itís unloaded.

But as others have said; unless itís listed in Floridaís statues, you can carry there, and the worse they can do is ask you to leave.
    I carried in my Bass Pro Shop today. No problems. I don't remember seeing any signs, and would have ignored them if I had. As another poster said, "concealed is concealed". And I add, "the law is the law" and the Florida Law doesn't say Bass Pro Shops and Costco are no carry locations.

Quote Originally Posted by onetuza View Post
    Sorry to hijack, but what about movie theaters in FL. There's a sign at ours, but I carry anyway. I thought there was something about seating capacity?
    First things first. Same as Costco and Bass Pro. Not illegal.

Secondly, I strongly recommend you read:

Florida Firearms
    Law, Use & Ownership Sixth Edtion 2009

ORLANDO GUN, WEAPON, & SELF DEFENSE LAWYER JON H. GUTMACHER, Esq. | Florida Firearms Law Book

This book was written by the foremost leading authority on Florida gun law and carry Mr. Jon H. Gutmacher, Esq. and it will answer 95%of anything you can think of. I didn't start carrying until I read it cover to cover even though I had my CWP.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenSaber View Post
    First things first. Same as Costco and Bass Pro. Not illegal.

Secondly, I strongly recommend you read:

Florida Firearms
    Law, Use & Ownership Sixth Edtion 2009

ORLANDO GUN, WEAPON, & SELF DEFENSE LAWYER JON H. GUTMACHER, Esq. | Florida Firearms Law Book

This book was written by the foremost leading authority on Florida gun law and carry Mr. Jon H. Gutmacher, Esq. and it will answer 95%of anything you can think of. I didn't start carrying until I read it cover to cover even though I had my CWP.
    Good advice. Unlike the statutes, this book is in plain and understandable English.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenSaber View Post
    I carried in my Bass Pro Shop today. No problems. I don't remember seeing any signs, and would have ignored them if I had.
    I did see a sign at the Bass Pro By Griffin Rd in Ft Lauderdale, but it said they needed to be unloaded if going to the range only.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links