Just a thought. - Page 2

Just a thought.

This is a discussion on Just a thought. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by rennox People who think the democrats are going to take away their guns are being drama queens. We are? Feinstein: 選値l pick ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by rennox View Post
    People who think the democrats are going to take away their guns are being drama queens.
    We are?

Feinstein: 選値l pick the time and the place, no question about that

Veteran anti-gun Senator Dianne Feinstein, the California Democrat who sponsored the ban on so-called "assault weapons" during the Clinton Administration -- costing her party control of Congress for a dozen years -- left no doubt in the minds of American gun owners that she fully intends to revive that ban. She's just biding her time.
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

Just a thought to on our 2nd Amendment rights and healthcare. If this healthcare package was to pass, how long would it be before gun ownership, like obesity, becomes an unhealthy lifestyle choice in need of being eliminated. For the public good, and lowered health costs of coutse?

It might be true in one sense... but it still doesn't mean they won't come and take your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by PackN View Post
    Guess I'm a drama queen. There's too much on the plate right now with the countries other problems or it would be happening now.
    With a Democratically controlled Senate, the Ensign Amendment passed, only to see Dems in the House hilariously scuttle D.C. representation over the issue. Then a Democratically controlled Congress attached a pro-gun amendment to the credit reform act which was then (grudgingly) signed by a Democrat president (which I'd also remind you reversed a policy put in place during the Reagan administration). Then we saw a truly radical (Thune amenmdment) pro gun measure gain 58 votes in a senate with 60 Democrats.

No major gun control is going through any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndsupporter View Post
    Yor better becareful, I remember people saying the same thing about them taking God out of our schools!!!
    That's interesting, because no one has ever taken God out of our schools.

Quote Originally Posted by torgo1968 View Post

You do live in America correct? Have you had your eyes closed for the past 40 years?

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    If you want to see how someone will behave in the future, look at past behavior.
    It's surprising how many people don't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenSaber View Post
    It might be true in one sense... but it still doesn't mean they won't come and take your guns.
    You need to realize that it is their goal.

Quote Originally Posted by torgo1968 View Post
    SCHOOL PRAYER ILLEGAL: Principal faces charges.
    Try praying in school sometime and get back with us.
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

I guess it is only cool to not trust the government when the Republicans are in control? The threat of a gun ban has been great for the industry. In my opinion, horrible things are happening to our society and economy everyday. I am not optimistic about the future of our Second Amendment rights. If that makes me a drama queen, then I guess that's better than being a sheep.

ToJohnD13, I tried to convey that very thing with townhouse meetings and tea parties and the thread was closed because it didn't pertain to our 2A. Oh really! Have you ever heard of watching a frog in slowing boiling water. I have never done that but just think, we may be in that dreadful pot. It will never stop until we participate and vote and educate. I try to keep my folks aware to what's coming, we all should.

Quote Originally Posted by ajohn151 View Post
    It seems that everyone is convinced that since Obama was elected and the Democrats have taken majority seats in the house and almost the senate, that 2A rights are going to disappear at breakneck speed.

Gun sales are at an all time high. Ammunition is impossible to obtain. CCW applications are at a snails pace to get processed in many states due to massive volume now. There appears to be many new gun owners and interest in shooting sports.

I hypothesize that this has been the best thing that could have happened for 2A supporters and the 2nd ammendment.

What are your thoughts?
    I think the OP makes a valid point!
    With the increase in gun sales which appears to include quite a few "new" gun owners there is automatically an increase in voters who support the right to own guns. These people are not going to like it if they spend their money on guns, ammo, training (hopefully) and applications for CPL's and then the government tries to take away the guns. The increase in gun ownership has made the gun lobby that much stronger.

Agree with TedBeau....

Wife and I got our guns and ammo this year. I am not a "joiner" but told the AARP to go the Hades and sent money to join the NRA instead.

It's funny how some people are blinded by political ideology.

A runaway and intrusive federal government is OK to some people as long as it has a "D" or "R" associated with it.

I am working to vote 'em all out.

So far, any rumblings of more restrictive gun regulations have been quashed by the President and the Congressional leadership. There's no real political will to do otherwise. Gun ownership continues to increase and state laws continue to become less restrictive. The trend is favorable.

We would be wise, however, to continue to be vigilant. But it's important to make sure that we're not being alarmist about fake threats. Crying wolf doesn't help the cause. For example, the chain letters that continue to circulate about old news. A little research before passing that kind of thing on would be useful. Use the energy to oppose real threats.

Yor better becareful, I remember people saying the same thing about them taking God out of our schools!!!
    This is a great example of getting worked up over a non-issue. Only state-sponsored religion was (rightly) taken out of public schools and other state institutions. There's nothing to prevent anyone, teachers or students, from privately practicing their faith of choice, or the lack of it. But the school authority can't promote it. The First Amendment is clear on Establishment.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

SCHOOL PRAYER ILLEGAL: Principal faces charges.
    Try praying in school sometime and get back with us.
    The story you cited was about school administrators leading prayer in defiance of a court injunction. It is in fact unconstitutional for public school officials to do so. This is not "taking God out of our schools." Children may in fact pray all day long if they wish. The law simply states that the school has no business leading or sanctioning that prayer since it's none of their or the government's d**ned business.

I was a school teacher. I'm an atheist. If any of my students wanted to spend their entire day praying, as long as they didn't disturb any of their classmates, not only would I not stop them, I'd defend their right to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    So far, any rumblings of more restrictive gun regulations have been quashed by the President and the Congressional leadership. There's no real political will to do otherwise. Gun ownership continues to increase and state laws continue to become less restrictive. The trend is favorable.

We would be wise, however, to continue to be vigilant. But it's important to make sure that we're not being alarmist about fake threats. Crying wolf doesn't help the cause. For example, the chain letters that continue to circulate about old news. A little research before passing that kind of thing on would be useful. Use the energy to oppose real threats.
    For the love of all that's holy, stop being reasonable.

This is a great example of getting worked up over a non-issue. Only state-sponsored religion was (rightly) taken out of public schools and other state institutions. There's nothing to prevent anyone, teachers or students, from privately practicing their faith of choice, or the lack of it. But the school authority can't promote it. The First Amendment is clear on Establishment.
    Bingo. The "God out of our schools," battle cry is one of the most brilliant pieces of propaganda of the last half century. Complete nonsense, but boy have they gotten mileage out of it.

You can't compare Chicago to anything or anyplace anywhere in the united states. Y'all just thought New Orleans was the most corrupt place in the states. They just weren't as sophisticated as the folks in Chicago. I really, after fifty years of observation, don't know where to start. Lets give honorable mention to Rod just to let y'all know it's still there lurking in the dark. Then lets go back to Paul Powell who was Secretary of State. When he died shoeboxes full of cash were found in his home. We were told at the time that he got it by cashing checks meant to be used as fees for licenses. Duh. How long y'all figure that would have gone on before someone noticed and blew the whistle? Try to find the episode of (I believe) American Justice named "The Hitman and the Witness". All you need to know about this, once you get a grip on the magnitude, is that it's still going on. Look into "Operation Greylord" and Brockton Lockwood's role in it. These days he lives a half dozen miles from me. Nuff said there.

The bottom line is always money. Makes no difference politician or crook or some combination of the two. What if you make your living breaking peoples knees? As long as the people can't do anything about it business is good. When business is good you can launder enough money through your legitimate businesses to donate a ton to the politicians of your choice. Guess what gets politicians elected? Money. Arm the people and enable them to defend themselves and your profit margin goes down. Chicago controls Illinois in spite of anything most of us downstate can do about it.

And just a blurb to those of you who have previously and might in the future want throw in the "move" comment to make it sound like you did something great. If we had "moved" in 1776 or 1915 or 1942 we wouldn't be having this conversation. Running from the problem won't solve it. If you ain't got the a$$ to stand and fight do your best not to brag about the fact that you ran.
    Last edited by llongshot; August 14th, 2009 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ajohn151 View Post
    It seems that everyone is convinced that since Obama was elected and the Democrats have taken majority seats in the house and almost the senate, that 2A rights are going to disappear at breakneck speed.

Gun sales are at an all time high. Ammunition is impossible to obtain. CCW applications are at a snails pace to get processed in many states due to massive volume now. There appears to be many new gun owners and interest in shooting sports.

I hypothesize that this has been the best thing that could have happened for 2A supporters and the 2nd ammendment.

What are your thoughts?
    Its The End Of The World As We Know It(And I Feel Fine)
    That's great, it starts with an election,
    congress and senate, an words of change - Lenny Bruce is not afraid.

I know I know... I did R.E.M. a disservice.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

It's not possible for anyone to take God out of our schools.

They might prohibit worship, verbal expression and physical displays about God, but God goes (and stays) where He wants to and there's no human that can change that.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links