Just a thought. - Page 3

Just a thought.

This is a discussion on Just a thought. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I try to keep my folks aware to what's coming, we all should.15 years ago, I tried telling my "conservative" in-laws about what is going ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just a thought.

I try to keep my folks aware to what's coming, we all should.15 years ago, I tried telling my "conservative" in-laws about what is going on with our government becoming corrupt and they just laughed at me and called me a conspiracy kook.

Well, fast forward to July, 2009....those same people declared that I was correct in my "gloom and doom" stuff I carried on with back in the 1990's and 2000's.

If you don't take a stand, they are going to take it away from you.
    Liberals be dammed if you back Obummer.

Rennox and pecon, I edited my above post to keep from getting banned from this site.

You should be ashamed of yourselves telling us that the present administration is not out to take our guns. Of course they are! Just like the administration before them and the administration before them....

I am 53 years old and I am getting tired of trying to show people like Rennox and pecon how utterly wrong they are with respect to our government dimenishing our gun rights.

Guys, I am a peacefull man but I am sick and tired of the retoric that our fed gov is carrying on with and people sticking up for them. It just ain't right, it just ain't right.

Quote Originally Posted by torgo1968 View Post

No major gun control is going through any time soon.
    If you really believe that statement then explain why you can't go to walmart and buy a box of bullets? Explain why gun stores sales are 100-300% up. Do you actually think if the country was "in good shape, normal, however you want to put it" the dem's would not be after our guns? Do you actually think they are pro 2a? Ever heard of communism, that's what the dem's want. They want to be able to tell what boot to put on first. They want to control your life. They might have trouble controlling your life if your armed??

That's interesting, because no one has ever taken God out of our schools.
    Google it. They want prayer out of schools. They want to take God out of the Pledge.

Many of us believe our Nation was founded under God, if we slowly take God out of everything, like some are trying to do, we will reap what we sew. God is going to have something to say about this and I'm fearful of what that might mean. I know what side I'm on.
    Change We Can Believe In 01.20.13 Gun Control is Being Able to Hit Your Target.

The Democrats and the Republicans are, believe me, aware of this trend and will be assessing their options here. Every politician wants to be reelected. Problem is they know you and I are also influenced by other issues and that the more we see them on the television the better we'll remember them come election time. Let them know how you feel. If you let these people know that the Second Amendment means enough to you to be, not just a tie breaker between candidates, but the first criteria you are going to consider when placing your vote I think we'll be able to see some difference in the way we're treated. All it takes is a letter. A phone call is forgotten about as quickly as the dial tone comes back on.

Quote Originally Posted by PackN View Post
    Google it. They want prayer out of schools.
    Removing prayer is removing a form of worship; even if prayer is removed, God is still where He's always been, present everywhere, including in school.

They want to take God out of the Pledge.
    They want to take the words "under God" out of the pledge - WORDS; God Himself has never been in the Pledge. Those words were not in the original pledge anyway. In 1954, Congress after a campaign by the Knights of Columbus, added the words, "under God," to the Pledge.

If people are going to complain about something, at least get it right!
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

It would be good if the alarm would cause an increase of support for the Second Amendment. I'll try to let that encourage me and give me hope.

Just a thought about the school prayer issue. Regardless of what your beliefs are, what group does the ACLU fight? They fight the Christians. Do a web search of the persecuted church or voice of the martyrs and learn a little about what is happening in other countries.

I believe in freedom of religion and I am a pastor. If you choose not to believe in anything, that is your choice and you have that right in America. However, opposing the free exercise of religion is a violation of the founding principles of our nation. Silencing Christianity does not give people more freedom of religion.

Taking away the rights of one group to benefit another group sounds like our government to me.

[QUOTE=PackN;1260219]If you really believe that statement then explain why you can't go to walmart and buy a box of bullets? Explain why gun stores sales are 100-300% up. Do you actually think if the country was "in good shape, normal, however you want to put it" the dem's would not be after our guns? Do you actually think they are pro 2a? Ever heard of communism, that's what the dem's want. They want to be able to tell what boot to put on first. They want to control your life. They might have trouble controlling your life if your armed??

Did you not catch that part about pro-gun senate Democrats being the very reason gun laws can not be passed right. Because of pro-gun senate Democrats, Dianne Feinstein admitted on camera that she knows she can not put forward gun legislation.

Please don't just vilify one party. There are many fine Democrats as well as Fine Republicans who are pro-gun. I am neither party, but please check the facts. And I seriously doubt Democrats want communism. Hyperbole... sheesh! LOL!

ajohn151- My apologize for being ignorant of the facts. I was exaggerating to some point with the Communism. I will hush up and just keep looking for bullets and keep looking for small CC weapons, that were readily available at any walmart or any gun store before the election.

Majorlk- IMHO taking "under god" out of the pledge is removing God from it. I guess we got a different definition of God. If they take "in god we trust" off money does that remove God from money? Just curious.
    Change We Can Believe In 01.20.13 Gun Control is Being Able to Hit Your Target.

Ever heard of communism, that's what the dem's want. They want to be able to tell what boot to put on first. They want to control your life.
    Now I'll do my best to control my language here.

As you are obviously unaware, there are one heck of a lot of veterans, as well as active duty members of our military, who just happen to be Democrats, who are giving their all to make sure that you have the freedom to make just such an ignorant statement.

There are many who gave the last full measure, in wars hot and cold, so that you'd never have to experience real communism first hand. Some friends of mine did just that, and now their names are inscribed on one certain wall in DC.

You know very little about Democrats, you know even less about the Constitution, and you certainly don't know anything about communism. It would really serve you well to think, just a bit, before making a post like this.

As to your mention of boots, I don't care which boot is put on first, but I can tell you where it should be put.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

I may be an impossibly optomistic idiot, but I think Americans are waking up to the fact that their country is under an attack that is as serious as Pearl Harbor. This may be the reason guns and ammo sales have been through the roof. And it isn't target shooting or hunting guns that have been the red-hot items, it's the 'Don't Tread on Me' stuff that is flying off the shelves.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Bless you doctorw.
    I grew up in east Tennessee and, I had dogtags around my neck.
    Yes, I still have the dogtags from elementary school in Knoxville, TN where I grew up fearing God. How many of you out there have dogtags from school? Probably not many.

We were drilled to duck under our desks and put our hands over our necks. We were reverant of our founding fathers and our veterans.
    Just a note from an old school veteran.

Quote Originally Posted by rennox View Post
    People who think the democrats are going to take away their guns are being drama queens.
    Immediate worry? No, but I take nothing for granted, too many of them have stated their desire to do so for me not to be wary, at the least.

Majorlk- IMHO taking "under god" out of the pledge is removing God from it. I guess we got a different definition of God. If they take "in god we trust" off money does that remove God from money? Just curious.
    The pledge is words written by man; God did not create it, neither does He live in it, so He can't be "removed" from it. The words can be removed, but that has no effect upon the presence of God in the life of the Believer.

Same deal for money. The statement is an expression of faith, not a declaration that God somehow lives in the US Dollar. Whether the words are there or not has no effect upon God.

And Yes, I guess we do have a different definition. Mine is based on my personal relationship with Him that goes back almost 60 years and includes 43 years in the Ministry.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Steady Troops!
    Most people go through life wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem! Ronald Reagan

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links