Just a thought.

Just a thought.

This is a discussion on Just a thought. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It seems that everyone is convinced that since Obama was elected and the Democrats have taken majority seats in the house and almost the senate, ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just a thought.

Just a thought.

It seems that everyone is convinced that since Obama was elected and the Democrats have taken majority seats in the house and almost the senate, that 2A rights are going to disappear at breakneck speed.

Gun sales are at an all time high. Ammunition is impossible to obtain. CCW applications are at a snails pace to get processed in many states due to massive volume now. There appears to be many new gun owners and interest in shooting sports.

I hypothesize that this has been the best thing that could have happened for 2A supporters and the 2nd ammendment.

What are your thoughts?

Begining of the end?
    "Brains before Bullets"

I hope the activity you mention is strong enough a signal to Washington that our rights are not something with which to mess. However, don't put it past them to attempt to infringe upon our rights. If they're no longed drunk with power (a big if), they're at least a little buzzed. Watch them try to sneak something through.
    Yes, the world has gotten smaller, but it will always be too big to be ruled by unelected bureaucrats.

EW3
    Quote Originally Posted by ajohn151 View Post
    Ammunition is impossible to obtain.
    No, it's just a little more than it used to be and takes some more effort to find.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

People who think the democrats are going to take away their guns are being drama queens.

In 1994 the democrats lost congress due to 3 reasons:
    1) assault weapons ban
    2) hillarycare
    3) raised taxes (with VP Al Gore, as president of the senate, casting the deciding vote)

I hope they learned their lesson but apparently not on #2. It seems they may be waiting on #1 and #3 until after the 2010 elections.

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rennox View Post
    People who think the democrats are going to take away their guns are being drama queens.
    I agree.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Guess I'm a drama queen. There's too much on the plate right now with the countries other problems or it would be happening now. Look at the laws in Chicago - thats what the Dems (President Osama Hussein Obama and his cronies) got in place. Thats what the USA has to look forward too if IT isn't stopped. All of this is naturally my humble opinion.
    Change We Can Believe In 01.20.13 Gun Control is Being Able to Hit Your Target.

The trolls are out today. I will continue to cling to my guns and religion. Check out what happened after katrina hit....they can and will take your guns if you allow it to happen.

If our 2A rights start to systematically slip away it would be mainly due to those who sit at idle thinking the system will take care of itself.
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them. Richard Henry Lee 1788

Senior Member Array 2ndsupporter's Avatar
    Yor better becareful, I remember people saying the same thing about them taking God out of our schools!!!
    [One Nation Under God]

That's hyperbole. Of course they won't "take away your guns." At least, not right away.

First, they propose legislation to "protect the children" that limits what you can buy and how you can use your firearms. Then they come up with some more silly regulations such as magazine capacity and "assault weapons" restrictions. Then, ammo is controlled, &c.

Eventually, as someone pointed out, they will use a crisis like Katrina to confiscate the guns they have tracked to you, so everyone will be "safe".

Welcome to the new Third Reich.

I hope that all of us here will be part of the upcoming Second Amendment March. As responsible gun owners, we owe it to ourselves and each other to make an effort.

Official site of the Second Amendment March
    Member - NRA, IDPA

Don't ask a question you don't know the answer to

There's a lot of drama queens in California...

If I've learned ANYTHING in 62 years, it's..."Never say never!"

If you want to see how someone will behave in the future, look at past behavior.

A quick look around Chicago certainly opens eyes about past behavior of our present administration.

You can draw your own conclusions.

Stay armed...stay in yellow and vote...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links