Wife Got Her Letter!

Wife Got Her Letter!

This is a discussion on Wife Got Her Letter! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The letter for the wife to take the concealed carry class here in WV came today. We've been waiting for it. She goes Aug. 18th, ...

Thread: Wife Got Her Letter!

Wife Got Her Letter!

The letter for the wife to take the concealed carry class here in WV came today. We've been waiting for it. She goes Aug. 18th, then to the range on the following Saturday to shoot. The Sheriff supplies the .38spl revolvers and ammo.

Needless to say, she's excited!!!
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Senior Member Array 2ndsupporter's Avatar
    Tell her to have fun and Good luck!
    [One Nation Under God]

VIP Member
    Sounds like an excuse to go to the range this weekend... Tell her "Good Luck"...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Good Deal... BANG!

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    The letter for the wife to take the concealed carry class here in WV came today. We've been waiting for it. She goes Aug. 18th, then to the range on the following Saturday to shoot. The Sheriff supplies the .38spl revolvers and ammo.

Needless to say, she's excited!!!
    So how does that work????

You have to apply for the class and then wait to get a letter???

Wow in TN you just call a Licensed Instructor and make an appointment to take the hand gun safety class, done.

Distinguished Member Array maxwell's Avatar
    Tell her good luck and stay calm.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyII View Post
    So how does that work????

You have to apply for the class and then wait to get a letter???

Wow in TN you just call a Licensed Instructor and make an appointment to take the hand gun safety class, done.
    The County Sheriff is the one who handles all classes, range time and then the application and approval process. You can go to another school that is approved and then submit an application, however, the classes outside the County level are very expensive and I just don't see the use in spending that much. I work for a County Elected Official, so it was easier to go through the County program. The class is free, the range fee is $25 and then when the permit is issued, that fee is $75. The classes are getting big, I put my wife on the list in January, but there were already nearly 150 ahead of her. I guess we can thank the current Washington boys (and girls) for the increase of applications.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    The County Sheriff is the one who handles all classes, range time and then the application and approval process. You can go to another school that is approved and then submit an application, however, the classes outside the County level are very expensive and I just don't see the use in spending that much. I work for a County Elected Official, so it was easier to go through the County program. The class is free, the range fee is $25 and then when the permit is issued, that fee is $75. The classes are getting big, I put my wife on the list in January, but there were already nearly 150 ahead of her. I guess we can thank the current Washington boys (and girls) for the increase of applications.
    Wow I didnt know that, thanks for sharing.

In TN, civilians have to sign up for a class with a certified instructor, pay him usually $75 or so and then take your certificate and apply at the DMV and pay $115 and get your fingerprints. It costs a little more than your method, but its alot faster and the permits usually have a good turn around time..

Congrats!
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

Congrats!

Sorry she had to wait so long, but look on the bright side she'll soon be licensed.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

"The Sheriff supplies the .38spl revolvers and ammo."

Never heard of a ccw class that supplies the guns and ammo, I Could understand as a backup for a malfunctioning gun in class, is it mandatory to use theirs?

Quote Originally Posted by para owner View Post
    Never heard of a ccw class that supplies the guns and ammo, I Could understand as a backup for a malfunctioning gun in class, is it mandatory to use theirs?
    My class instructor provided the ammo and guns. He told us that we could bring our own if we so desired, but we didn't have to worry about it.

It was really great because at the time I took the course I did not own any guns. He had a rather large collection and took the opportunity to try out a variety that I otherwise wouldn't have given thought to.

Congrats.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.----George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by para owner View Post
    "The Sheriff supplies the .38spl revolvers and ammo."

As I understand it, you may bring your own firearm and ammo, but they do provide revolvers and ammo included in the $25 range fee. Our license says "pistol and revolver" on it, so no matter what you fire at the range, you can carry either revolver or semi-auto.

Sponsored Links