Carry Weapon When Mowing

This is a discussion on Carry Weapon When Mowing within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by DaveH ...or pump 35 cal Wheeling . You mean Whelen?...

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Carry Weapon When Mowing

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    ...or pump 35 cal Wheeling.
    You mean Whelen?
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

2. Remove Ads

Smile

J frame 357. I am not paranoid I just remember my Boy Scout motto of " Be Prepared"! No one ever plans to go to trouble or to have it come to them, so always being prepared means that should trouble come I will not have to ask that trouble to wait while I go in my house and get my gun!!

But wait, silly me! Maybe trouble will say hey go ahead and I will mow a couple of rounds of the yard while you go and get your gun. That must be how it will work in a polite society. I will come back and we will admire my gun and what a fine piece of craftsmanship that it is and I will then simply give it and my wallet to trouble. Oh darn, there was an accidental discharge and now I have a burning pain and I am bleeding. Trouble is not sure how his finger got onto the trigger and caused me such trauma, but thanks me for my donation, apologizes and leaves.

Now to reality. We just had an older couple pistol whipped, beaten and left for dead (they did not die) simply because it is their nature to help people. They both commented that they now will not answer the door to be helpful or help strangers along side the road and will be armed at all times. Morals and ethics are so skewed in this country that you never know when a wacko will appear. Be Prepared!!

Armydad

Quote Originally Posted by puncho View Post
    We have people knocking on the door every Saturday looking for work, wanting to trim our palm trees and preform other services. The local LEOS informed our neighborhood that houses have been cased and robbed at a later date. I don't think it's to paranoid to be armed when working outside.
    So you guys have issues we don't have to deal with as well. Either way, I agree; if you're ready to defend your home indoors, why not outdoors as well? Although at my place, they have to come down a 300' driveway and past the sign that reads "No trespassers, No solicitors, No liberals."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    You mean Whelen?

Dang spell-checker road kill.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Concealed.

Same firearm as what ever I'd selected to wear in general that day.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

That's why I hire a yard guy. I cover him with an RRA M4 (semi) from the neighborhood ZOMBIES.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

My dirty work carry is a little Taurus 58 UltraLite. carry in a Miami Classic or pancake. Open in heat of summer if not a lot of dirt flying. Conceal w/ cool weather or a lot of dirt flying. This thinng is easier to clean than a semi & rough treatment is OK here but not on my Rugers.

Carry 24-7 or guess right.
    NRA Life Member/TSRA Life Member
    Texas CHL Instructor. www.pdtraining.us

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    How about a shower gun? make sure it's stainless. when carrying a toilet gun make sure it has enough power to shoot through the stall door.
    Some times I think we all get a little carried away. It pays to be cautious but being paranoid can screw up your life.
    It's not paranoid to think you can get into a gun fight inside your own shower. What if a BG breaks into the bathroom while you're in the shower? You need to have a firearm with you every second of every day of your life because you never know when a BG will show up.

My normal carry gun (varies) plus my 3" M65 loader with bird shot. I have a NO TRESPASSING RULE for snakes (got a small copperhead IN the garage last week). If the mower can't get them, the SMITH will.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

The usual, G30 IWB.
    How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy & productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised and taken care of.
    Suzanna Hupp

P3AT in a pocket holster with spare mag.
    Freedom isn't free! Don't ever take it forgranted!

If my pants are on, my gun is on. I carry everywhere it's legal, including my home, business, and private property.

When I mow the lawn I'm armed. Usually open carry like normal.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

I have a second job maintaining a few yards...I have been doing this for 16 years...it only took almost getting jacked by three rough looking guys in a commercial complex...I was all alone and they rolled up on me fast... and it was dusky dark... all I could do was pretend I had a gun and run for the truck... everytime I go out there is a NAA 32 in a leather pocket holster in my right front pocket..I tried carry my CW9 or a G39 but I get on and off my mower so much it was really uncomfortable... I never know the 32 is there... I keep a Ruger 22 mag Single six in the Dodge..had to use it last week on a moccasin in a customers yard... Robbie

I have a holster on the side of my mower....

Ruger P89 15+1 with extra 15 round mag.

BANG!
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by puncho View Post
    What do you carry when you cut the grass?
    Of course. I know of no statistical evidence that proves one is materially safer doing a household chore as compared to any other activity. Even so, even if that 0.001% chance occurred that day, you can't very well defend with what you don't have with you.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links