Carry Weapon When Mowing - Page 5

Carry Weapon When Mowing

This is a discussion on Carry Weapon When Mowing within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry my XD9 Service IWB while mowing the lawn....

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Carry Weapon When Mowing

I carry my XD9 Service IWB while mowing the lawn.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

I do a lot of mowing during the season. A lot... Sweat, grime, grass clippings. I won't mention where I found a small twig while taking a shower one summer a couple years ago. While doing this stuff I've carried a Kahr CW9, Sigma 9mm, Sigma 40ve, CZ75B, Smith Wesson 5906, and a Bersa 380. Everything from fairly small to pretty big and heavy. I prefer big and heavy.
    "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people."

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeprekopa View Post
    don't have anything to carry, or mow... but my vote is for a turret mounted .50 cal. on the hood of a rider.
    o.O

What?

VIP Member
    I sweat like a pig and in the summer here in Ohio humidity is off the charts. So I don't carry when I mow the lawn. I can't justify giving my baby a saltwater bath once a week. I live in a pretty nice area and at 6 ft 230lbs I'm just not that concerned about being a victim in my front yard. I know, I know no safe places and all that, but some places are safer than others.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

I own a landscaping/lawn maintenance company. If I didn't carry while mowing the lawn, I wouldn't carry for 8 months of the year!

So, during the heat of the summer, it's a S&W 642 in the front pocket while at work. Off the clock & during cooler months - the G36 is with me.
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

Dillon Aero M134 gatling gun, turret mounted, with two fresh batteries and ammunition belts towed behind the dump trailer.

No, really I usually carry my Glock 23 IWB with a covering shirt. I open carried last week, and may do that more often to desensitize the neighbors to me being armed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rcher View Post
    I dont mow, my gardener does.
    I got a lawn service but I cover them from the high ground . . .
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

no real problems in the neighborhood yet. Mainly pepper spray and a knife when I'm outside. Stray dogs are my main concern. If I feel like things are going downhill I'll do what I do when I'm out on the town. G19 in and OWB Serpa holster, OC. Right now I have good neighbors and we watch out for each other. We're all armed.

My neighbor and I have a agreement. When he is mowing, I put on my sniper gear, get my rifle, and climb a tree so that I can cover any possible dangers to him or our homes. That means that he can concentrate on mowing without having to carry a firearm or be concerned about situational awareness. When I mow he does the same for me. We have complete trust in each other so it works out very well. We both have mine sweepers on the front of our riding mowers to try and prevent any unexpected explosions. Oh, and we also turn out the dogs for additional security. During this dangerous time, our wives and children are told to lock the doors and remain inside.
    NRA life member.

Yes. Glock 17, open or/& concealed , paddle holster for easy removal.

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    Carry while mowing? Am I dressed? What kind of question is that? I usually only carry my LCP inside, but for going out for something like that, I'd have have to upgrade. And I have a knife, flashlight, and gun with me in the shower as well (covered up of course). Of course that is what I carry around the house anyway. What exactly is a good reason to disarm?
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

VIP Member
    I pocket carry my S&W M&P 340CT in a Mika Pocket Holster when working around the house.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota97 View Post
    My neighbor and I have a agreement. When he is mowing, I put on my sniper gear, get my rifle, and climb a tree so that I can cover any possible dangers to him or our homes. That means that he can concentrate on mowing without having to carry a firearm or be concerned about situational awareness. When I mow he does the same for me. We have complete trust in each other so it works out very well. We both have mine sweepers on the front of our riding mowers to try and prevent any unexpected explosions. Oh, and we also turn out the dogs for additional security. During this dangerous time, our wives and children are told to lock the doors and remain inside.
    Sounds like a good start. However, I believe prudence would involve sending out a recon unit earlier in the day. Also I would check to see if any other neighbors have a pilot license, (aerial support). Heck, if you could find the pilot neighbor maybe you could just all add clean rooms to your homes and defoliate weekly, this would negate the need to leave yourselves wide open out in the yard. Of course you'll need to find a way to secure the clean room. I guess the question really should be "What do you carry while hiding out in the clean room during lawn defoliation?" I'll say Mossberg 500.

Claws

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu711 View Post
    Your lucky your wife has your "covered" while you are in the shower. All I have to watch my back is my 14 pound black cat! He's one deadly kitty! His claws are deadly weapons. I have the scars to remind me not to make him angry! lol
    Better watch out for those claws when you are in the shower

Quote Originally Posted by Chooie View Post
    o.O

What?
    Sadly, i had to sell the XD to a friend when i moved to the soviet state of New York, but I know she is being taken care of. I didn't want to, but that whole illegally owning a pistol thing kinda made me.
    NREMT-B

"Dead is dead"
    "Yea, till we show up with jumper cables and drugs to debate it"

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Links