Bank calls my place of employment for asking a gun question - Page 8

Bank calls my place of employment for asking a gun question

This is a discussion on Bank calls my place of employment for asking a gun question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanis, I'll echo what Squawker said in his comment. At times we do post some comments that other members take issue. Don't take the comments ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Bank calls my place of employment for asking a gun question

Thanis, I'll echo what Squawker said in his comment. At times we do post some comments that other members take issue. Don't take the comments you read here too personally. At times we all are "less than thrilled" with the responses that are posted in this forum.

If anything, I welcome the criticisms as long as they pertain the subject at hand. If this is the first time you've been offended by a reply or two DO expect a few more. I've been there before. I expect them in the future. Take any comments posted here as personal opinions. I do!
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by firebug8 View Post
    Fdisk,

I'm not an attorney so I have nothing but my personal opinion on this topic. I'll keep that to myself since you would be better served by legal advice.

You deserve more respect than some have extended on this forum. In my book a man who risked his life as a firefighter for 12 years and now cares for his disabled wife rates pretty high on the "nice guy" scale.

Thank you
    Im not a bad guy or a smart #&% as im sure to come across with a few of my responses but i just dont see the point in some of thease attacks or comments

I find em pointless i know my grammer + spelling sucks at times.

To me its kinda like if you dont have anything good to say dont say nothing at all.

and i do thank you again for not being one of those folks who just want to attack

Sponsor
    There has been comments about my job my education and my character
    so im gonna sume up some things and please if you have a negative comment on the grammer or spelling just dont comment on it.

8 years ago my fire dept was disspached to a car crash (car had over turned subject pinned in and car was on fire)

well im 1 of the first to arrive on scene and at first i didnt reconize the automobile, on my approch i see it is my car and my wife
    well that was the first sezure my wife had at age 30, now she has 2-4 sezures a day they are so offten she cant be alone and she was put on disablility cause of em.

now they are so bad there are 2 options she goes to a nurseing home or has a in home care giver, so I get a job as a in home care giver at an agency and now im the in home care giver cause i dont trust strangers to take care of loved ones, and second she needs care 24/7 not just 8 hours a day.

January 27 2008 my father at age 64 has a massive heart attack and dies now he had just been to his doctor the week before for a checkup
    and his doctor said he was in good shape no problems.
    very unexpected

Ok so now my mother whos only source of income it her ss she draws which is like $645.00 a month can afford to live so i move my family in with my mother and start paying her bills aswell as mine (im not an only child btw but the only one who helps)

Well my wife's sezures are so bad it starts to realy get my mother upset (and here goes all the crap from my siters who only comes around to borrow money from my mother)
    My sister has a nice husband he is a felon and just stole $4000
    form a former employer and i dont want him around me my family or my mother

well it seems every time i leave and come back he/she has been there and can you belive stuff starts getting gone ?

well after a while of this stealing going on what with my mothers money and stuff from the house im fed up and it causes a big problem.
    now my loving sister comes over cause i want to put a end to this and she ask me could the stuff that is getting gone by my wife when she is having a sezure ??? (Felon stealing money now suff getting gone again = felon)

SO that comment cause a big problem for me so ive moved my family and im starting over, broke because i replaced my mothers cash and paid her bills up cause she cant make it without help.

Now i know the spelling isnt great and the grammer is not good but this is about the last eight years of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Fdisk View Post
    There has been comments about my job

Now i know the spelling isnt great and the grammer is not good but this is about the last eight years of my life.
    Your spelling and your grammar may indeed be terrible, but if what you say is true as to how you care for your wife and your mother I would have to call you a man of good heart and character.

FDisk, I really don't want to read through 10 pages to catch up. Did anything ever come from the banks phone call? Are you still waiting to see if anything happens, or did this just go away on it's own?

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by BaserRonin View Post
    FDisk, I really don't want to read through 10 pages to catch up. Did anything ever come from the banks phone call? Are you still waiting to see if anything happens, or did this just go away on it's own?
    Well that is my point there wouldnt be 10 pages if all the none post comments where removed

But NRA reffered me to a lawyer who will be outa town till next monday but the nra lady said i did have a case.

I would be happy to have the bank heavly reprimanded
    aswell as have to apologize to me and the company i work for as far as them calling to gosip.

Fdisk, It's water off a ducks back man, don't give the bullpucky a second thought. Lotta know it all's out in this world of ours. Thanks for the service to your community, stay safe. Cheers
    Last edited by Miggy; August 26th, 2009 at 12:30 AM. Reason: :))
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Well that is my point there wouldnt be 10 pages if all the none post comments where removed

But NRA reffered me to a lawyer who will be outa town till next monday but the nra lady said i did have a case.

I would be happy to have the bank heavly reprimanded
    aswell as have to apologize to me and the company i work for as far as them calling to gosip.
    Oh man, what a headache. Good luck FDisk.

This is good news and let me thank you for following through with the attorney contact. You're not only doing this for yourself but for any other persons who may ask the bank about the bank's gun policy. What happened to you is not some unimportant incident. Your privacy was invaded. Gun issues can create bad reactions from some persons/employers. That's why it's so important that any business, especially a bank, respect your privacy.

BTW, I had no problem understanding your original post or any of your later posts. Some of the respondents to this thread must be frustrated English teachers. Ignore them.
    "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people."

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu711 View Post
    Thanis, I'll echo what Squawker said in his comment. At times we do post some comments that other members take issue. Don't take the comments you read here too personally. At times we all are "less than thrilled" with the responses that are posted in this forum.

If anything, I welcome the criticisms as long as they pertain the subject at hand. If this is the first time you've been offended by a reply or two DO expect a few more. I've been there before. I expect them in the future. Take any comments posted here as personal opinions. I do!
    Quote Originally Posted by Squawker View Post
    Thanis, this group frequently gets involved in lively discussions. I wouldn't take disagreement with you position as disrespect or a reason to leave. We all have opinions, and you're likely to get several on any topic. Stay, and add to out discussions.
    I think I'm mistaken with someone else. I like it the forum. Maybe it was the way my post read or something.

Quote Originally Posted by wvshooter View Post
    This is good news and let me thank you for following through with the attorney contact...BTW, I had no problem understanding your original post or any of your later posts. Some of the respondents to this thread must be frustrated English teachers. Ignore them.
    +1

...But NRA reffered me to a lawyer who will be outa town till next monday but the nra lady said i did have a case...
    Fdisk, good to hear, and again, I'm not taking sides, but I have a feeling this turns into he said she said, and I'm not 100% sure you are helping the situation for you. Some, like your employer, might see it as over reaction. Again, I'm not stating what I think, as I don't know enough about the situation or the law to comment strongly. I'm only suggesting that it is possible that by going forward there is risk of causing yourself more problems.

Maybe this is one of those I'm not going to the back of the bus moments, or maybe we just live in a world with people, like the teller, who want drama and gossip.

I know several people who work at banks. Maybe it is wrong, but the second many of them here the word gun, then get scared. It is like tapping on the bowl of a fish tank.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Fdisk, It's water off a ducks back man, don't give the bullpucky a second thought. Lotta know it all's out in this world of ours. Thanks for the service to your community, stay safe. Cheers
    Watch useing words like B% i got a warning and points against me from a admin for useing those 2 leters.

and Thank you

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by wvshooter View Post
    This is good news and let me thank you for following through with the attorney contact. You're not only doing this for yourself but for any other persons who may ask the bank about the bank's gun policy. What happened to you is not some unimportant incident. Your privacy was invaded. Gun issues can create bad reactions from some persons/employers. That's why it's so important that any business, especially a bank, respect your privacy.

BTW, I had no problem understanding your original post or any of your later posts. Some of the respondents to this thread must be frustrated English teachers. Ignore them.
    lol of that im sure

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    I think I'm mistaken with someone else. I like it the forum. Maybe it was the way my post read or something.

+1

Fdisk, good to hear, and again, I'm not taking sides, but I have a feeling this turns into he said she said, and I'm not 100% sure you are helping the situation for you. Some, like your employer, might see it as over reaction. Again, I'm not stating what I think, as I don't know enough about the situation or the law to comment strongly. I'm only suggesting that it is possible that by going forward there is risk of causing yourself more problems.

Maybe this is one of those I'm not going to the back of the bus moments, or maybe we just live in a world with people, like the teller, who want drama and gossip.

I know several people who work at banks. Maybe it is wrong, but the second many of them here the word gun, then get scared. It is like tapping on the bowl of a fish tank.
    Yes i understand and have thought the same thing.
    What i plane to do is see what the lawyer thinks or says to do
    but to me its kinda like telling a black man to sit in the back of the bus

btw im white it just seems kinda the same point to me

Watch useing words like B% i got a warning and points against me from a admin for useing those 2 leters.

and Thank you
    LOL, thanks for the heads up there and thanks (Miggy) for the edit. I didn't know that was off limits. Cheers.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Sponsored Links