A great read if your carry... - Page 3

A great read if your carry...

This is a discussion on A great read if your carry... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Saber Yeah, that's sorta what I thought. It appears that every single link within their construct, leads me to another link for ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Yeah, that's sorta what I thought. It appears that every single link within their construct, leads me to another link for something to buy.
    Regards,
    The permit holder's equivalent of a tourist trap.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Excellent article. Thanks for the link.

RMS
    Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    The permit holder's equivalent of a tourist trap.
    To be sure, I only read and posted the article because I found it doing a search on carry information. I thought it was a great read. I didn't know that it was a pay to belong site, nor am I suggesting that anyone here they should join. Just don't want anyone to think I was fishing for "members" to some group I don't even belong too, but merely trying to pass along valuable information.

That is all.

Well, I read the article, and the author had some good points...even if it's the same ol' retorical nonsense to some degree.

I was enjoying the article until I read this:

Would the scenario be different if your handgun was concealed? Probably so, although you might be missing your wallet and a little pride, but the advantage gained is that you survived a deadly confrontation! Never give up your advantage of surprise. The only person who should ever know about your handgun is a perp trying to take you down.
    If you lose your wallet, then you were at the mercy of the perp. If he'd wanted your life, then he'd have taken it. If that's the case, then why carry at all? If you survive, it's because the perp didn't want to kill you, and that's unacceptable to me. For that reason, I doubt the credibility of the author.

Drawing from concealment requires a bit more effort than drawing from an OC holster in most cases. You have to lift your shirt first, unzip the fanny pack, crouch down and lift up your pant's leg, reach down your pants, or otherwise reveal your firearm. I usually cover with a vest, using the same OC holster I'd use without the vest. Just brush the vest back and draw. Given half a chance and a little luck, I won't be at the mercy of the criminal for long.

The last line I quoted above especially bothers me. If you wait 'till the perp is taking you down before you draw, then you've lost any advantage you may have had. It's over by then, so you'd better prepare yourself before that time comes if you have a rig that's slow to draw from.

The author speaks of real life situations, but his theories on how to handle them are a bit off IMO. He speaks of distance, yet doesn't mention cover that I noticed.

Truly, he just another person with his own theories on how things should be done. We all have those.

Daryl

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links