Best 9MM for concealment

This is a discussion on Best 9MM for concealment within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; While I am a big fan of the Walther PPS, I purchased a Glock 26 because I’m familiar with Glock’s trigger break. After firing over ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Best 9MM for concealment

While I am a big fan of the Walther PPS, I purchased a Glock 26 because I’m familiar with Glock’s trigger break.

After firing over 1000 rounds through the little G26 it’s now my primary carry. LOVE IT

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by havegunjoe View Post
    I carry a Kahr Arms P9. The Kahr line of 9mm's are designed to be carry guns.
    I was just going to ask why no one had mentioned this gun yet.
    My dealer highly recommended it to me back in 2001 when I got my carry permit.

If what you are looking for is a pocket 9mm, then you really can't do better than a Kahr PM9. It's lightweight, well-constructed, and has a wonderful trigger.

If what you want is the best compact size 9mm, then I would have to throw my support to the Springfield EMP. What can I say about it? It's a 1911 model built around the shorter 9mm/.40 cartridges. I've never had a round fail to go "bang." It shoots to aim nearly as good as my Sig226. Because it weighs 26 ounces, there is practically no recoil . . . it's nearly like shooting a .22lr! As an added benefit, it's small enough that I often toss it in my pocket in a High Noon split decision holster -- that sort of doubles as a pocket holster. For all day carry, I simply use another High Noon holster (an alter ego), and I forget it's on my side!

Quote Originally Posted by MgoBlue View Post
    If what you want is the best compact size 9mm, then I would have to throw my support to the Springfield EMP. What can I say about it?
    The Springer EMP is a nice carry option. I carry its twin brother - the Kimber Ultra CDP II in 9mm. They look nearly identical. I went with the Kimber as my wife loves her Ultra Aegis II in 9mm.

The single stack makes them slim and easy to carry. My CDP disappears in the SuperTuck at the 3:00 o'clock position - high and tight. Personally, I don't like heavy things like guns in my pockets. I prefer a holster IWB.

The Kimber (or the EMP) certainly aren't mouse guns, either. I just took my Kimber to the range today, and the guy on the lane next to me couldn't believe the groupings I got with that 3" barrel. Additionally, the 1911 design means a crisp and accurate trigger.

Glock 19
    "The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary.
    Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

-Joseph Conrad-

Ape
    Rohrbaugh R9 - "Advertised" as Length 5.2" x Height 3.7" (no width given) and 12.8 oz. Price-1,000 to 1,250 NIB

Kahr PM-9 - "Advertised" as Length 5.3" X Height 4" X .9 and 14 oz. Price-650 to 900 NIB

Kel Tec PF9 - Length 5.85" X Height 4.3" X width .88 and 12.7 oz. Price 250 to 350.

All these were considered a couple of years ago when I decided on my PF9. A buddy had a Kahr and another has a Para. Shot em both and then a PF9. Liked em all and decided a 300 dollar gun with a lifetime warranty was the carry gun for me. Haven't looked back since. It's uber reliable and I've put approximately 3 to 4 thousand rounds through it. I've replaced springs and the extractor recently, just as I would any of my guns I have that many rounds through.

Kel-Tec PF9. Light. Easy to shoot. Easy to hide. 7+1 ready to go. For the price compared to other "small" guns, you can buy additonal stuff instead like ammo, a holster, Crimson Trace and have a complete rig for much less than just the gun with others. Just look at the post above mine. Kel-Tec stands behind them 100% so the argument of paying for "better quality" is somewhat mute. And in my opinion, it is a pretty good gun. If you want sexy buy PPK or Kahr and fork over the money. If you want a gun that points and shoots ammo down range when needed (in my opinion) then this is the gun.

VIP Member
    If I got a 9mm, right after the mental exam to insure I was still fit to carry, I'd get a SIG P-239! No, prolly not the slimmest but very easy to conceal and shoots extremely well.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member
    He he Thumper. My eyesight is 40/45...maybe my IQ
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Myself going with KelTec P11

I have a G19 and a PM9. These guns are in different categories as far as concealability, but I wholeheartedly endorse either. These days, the three guns in my rotation are the PM9, G19 and a 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy578 View Post
    I have a 380 and want to step up to a 9mm, Does anyone know what is the slimmest, and or easiest to conceal? Thanks
    I carry a Kel-Tec PF9 a good amount of the time. Thinnest, lightest for the money gun I could find.

Kahr PM9
    "I've run across shooting after shooting where the defender shot a violent aggressor with a .380 and did little to immediately stop his depredations. A good hollow point load in 9mm or .38 Special will, historically, end lethal assaults more quickly."

~ Massad Ayoob

try the 9x18 makrov

Have a couple of FEG PA 63's. Replaced the hammer spring with 13# and recoil spring with 15# via wolff gunsprings. Make a very consealable, accurate and reliable weapon. Hornaday 95 gr xtp or evan silver bear 94 gr jhp. Very effective defense round between .380 and 9mm.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    I tried out several 9mm pistols and finally settled on a S&W 3913. 9 shot capacity, slim profile and short barrel. Conceals very well in a HBE Com III.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links