Got made at church

This is a discussion on Got made at church within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by orangevol The fact that he has his CHL and obviously knows something about handguns is why you were made. I'd be willing ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got made at church

Quote Originally Posted by orangevol View Post
    The fact that he has his CHL and obviously knows something about handguns is why you were made. I'd be willing to bet you a box of ammo that the "sheep" among you would have never noticed a thing.

I often find myself assessing other people looking for tell-tale signs of who else might be carrying; something that I never did before I started packing.
    This is probably the most likely reason.

Still, you want to be as discreet as possible and it's good he was able to point out how you blew your cover. That's a good thing. Now you can make the appropriate adjustments to your cover garments.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

2. Remove Ads

ExactlyMyPoint, just wondering during the talk with him did he ever say whether he was packing in church, or did he just leave you wondering?????

Just curious to know....

ankle rigs are good for this type of situation, hugs and praising, often at church your seated and not moving around, which give easier access to ankle rigs.

Greatest State in The Union, Pennsylvania
    Look, historically, places of worship happen to be places where terrible things happen. We need to continue to be armed in church.

Quote Originally Posted by jhh3rd View Post
    I have not been to church in years. Do they not use hymnals anymore?
    at our church...... we still sing some of the old hymns
    but we put them on the over head.
    working in the media .... we use easy worship which our songs, and hymns show on.. up on the screen.
    we have live camera, and there are some things we still use power point. pre service announcements, and sermon illustrations.
    XD9sc
    Ruger LCP 380
    NAA 22 mini mag w/holster grip
    S&W 38 model 10
    NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by jhh3rd View Post
    I have not been to church in years. Do they not use hymnals anymore?
    We have 2 worship services on Sun. a.m.
    The first is contemporary, with band, powerpoint for words, announcements, etc., and I use powerpoint with pictures for my message at both services.

The second service is traditional, but we still project the words and folks have a choice of screen or hymnal. Most use the screen now.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

I'm constantly wondering if I'll ever get made at church. We sit up near the front since my Wife does sign language interpreting from time to time for the Deaf in our 2nd service, so my back is to at least a couple hundred people, and I carry at 4 O'clock.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

solution to cover garment riding up.

I have seen this mentioned many times before and always worry about when I have to reach overhead or bend over.

I have found that the IWB tuckable Split Decision from High Noon I wear conceals very well even if only wearing a tee shirt tucked.

Several weeks ago I was wearing it tucked with a dress shirt and had to actually kneel down, and then bend down even lower to look at something, while three other people were around and behind me waiting for me to make a decision on something we were working on. Basically, I am kneeling, and bent over so my head is only 15 inches from the floor. The others are behind me and or to my right, (strong side). I'm thinking, "Great I am going to get made for sure!"

As far as I know no one noticed a thing. The dress shirt was slightly bloused and apparently the bending at the waist didn't draw it tight enough to print.

So my solution to the problem of cover garments riding up is to go tucked all the time. I've used the same setup with a Tee at my dog's obiedience classes, while bending over to reward the dog, or kneeling down to force a proper Down command, without being made.

VIP Member
    I’m more careful in church than most other venues although there are so many LEO’s in my congregation that it’s unlikely anyone would really care.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    We have 2 worship services on Sun. a.m.
    The first is contemporary, with band, powerpoint for words, announcements, etc., and I use powerpoint with pictures for my message at both services.

The second service is traditional, but we still project the words and folks have a choice of screen or hymnal. Most use the screen now.
    My logic would have it going the other way. Generally the more traditional (older generations) tend to be the early risers...

Lots of people in my church have their CCL and lots of people know I carry. I teach high school age kids but am also the jr church leader so all the kids hug me. I'v never had one to even mention my IWB lump on my side. Of course some of the kids also know I carry a gun. It's just not a big deal around our area. I do watch people and pick up on concealed carry a lot but if I was not also wearing one I wouldn't be able to pick those people out of a crowd at all.

I'v never heard anyone from our church say anything that ould make me think we have any anti gun people in our church. They are conservative in politics, believe in the constitution and love the Lord. I'm sure that "most" of the ones do not know I am carrying but since we have talked about CCL classes and a lot of us took the class at the same time it's just something that is accepted just as anything else we have in common.

I know if we are out on a retreat or meeting to do things together that on several occasions I have been asked if we have our "security" going with us.

And we do still sing out of hymn books and are just now using power point for words for our praise and worship songs we sing on Sunday night.
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    My logic would have it going the other way. Generally the more traditional (older generations) tend to be the early risers...
    But the oder folks feel the "11a.m." service is theirs and do not give it to the young folks. "If they want to hve a band and that kind of stuff let them have their own service at some other time!"

As for carry in church --- strong side arm low, long cover shirt and hope for the best!!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PM View Post
    But the oder folks feel the "11a.m." service is theirs and do not give it to the young folks. "If they want to hve a band and that kind of stuff let them have their own service at some other time!"

As for carry in church --- strong side arm low, long cover shirt and hope for the best!!
    If there was a 2 or 3pm service, my sacreligious butt would probably warm the pews more often. :D I'm not a morning person ;)

ExactlyMyPoint, Flashing people at church again?
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Carried for the first time in church this week. I just got my CCP last week. Got home and my wife asked me when I was going to start carrying in church. I smiled and told her this morning. The shocked look was priceless when she realized she completely missed my putting it on, taking it off, or carrying. We have some huggers so I may get made, but the people who would hug me know me. It should be easy to explain. Plus our lead pastor put out the word that they would like all the LEO's in the congregation to carry. So I'm not too worried. To be honest, carrying in church took a lot of soul searching for me. Could not live with myself if I had the ability to help, but was not prepared. That and a few of the verses I found sealed the deal.

Xader, we have a Sat evening service. You'd be surprised what churches are doing these days. I bet you could find one that had a schedule you would like. We are a pretty big church and have 5 services at our main church.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links