Defensive Carry banner

I have stupid freinds!

3K views 31 replies 32 participants last post by  Bark'n 
#1 ·
I tell them..join the NRA..they say..lots of people joined I don't need to.
I tell them,I just passed the CCW..they say..what do I need that for..I will just carry.
MMMM...whats you're thought?
What is the penalty for carry and no permit...might be worth it!
I might "just carry"
KANSAS .... <----------------------------I am permited..almost

#2 ·
Keep working on them, we don't need anymore illegal carriers out there.

All it would take is for some dork to get jammed up and mention that he knew a guy that knew a guys 3rd cousin twin brother from another mother that has a CC permit and the media would work their magic and crucify the legal CC permit holders.

Joker1

#7 ·
:yup: I can't disagree, they don't sound like the sharpest tools in the shed.
Look around, there are brighter folks out there to spend time with.

#9 ·
agreed.

if carrying a weapon concealed without a license is perfectly acceptable, what other laws are okay to break? how do you explain the law and ethics behind "shoot? don't shoot?" if the law means nothing to them? if carrying a weapon illegally is okay to them, why would it phase them to carry into a federal building, etc.? if caught, the media would not care that the person didn't obtain a legal LTCF, they'd just lump the rest of us in there with him and say that concealed carriers ignore the laws set forth. as if it wasn't already difficult enough? it would be a giant leap backwards for all 2A advocates.

you get the license, training, and prepare yourself mentally for the gigantic responsibility of carrying a weapon or you don't carry at all. plain and simple. i have ZERO respect for those who carry illegally in a state that allows legal carry.

#10 ·
I believe most states the unlicensed concealed handgun is a felony,no0t only would they be convicted felons if caught,it could affect not only their right to own guns but also future employment

#13 ·
that does sound like you need new friends. Why would you want to get your self involved with people who want to break the law. All they will do is bring you down. owning carrying a fire arm is a responsibility and it isn't to be taken lightly.

#14 ·
You can be a GG, or not. I'm all for the idea that a permitting process can easily be turned into a denial process, and for a constitutionally-protected right that's simply an abomination. Still, while we've got legitimately-enacted laws on the books that dictate otherwise, we're honor-bound to comply.

In Oregon, the penalty for going around with your head in the clouds as to weapons possession (ie, carrying concealed without a license) is a Class A Misdemeanor, which can cost you up to $6250 in fines and 1yr in jail. That's just one step below a felony, so Oregon takes it pretty seriously. To say nothing of the risk of forfeiture of all future right to own/carry a firearm, though I don't believe that the (Oregon) CC statute specifically requires this denial as part of a Class A Misdemeanor.

#16 ·
I agree with the other posts as well.

What if one day you were out with your friend that made that comment and someone :sheep: or LEO noticed he was packing or a LEO noticed he was packing and wanted to see his permit,,,

well that just put you in a pinch,, whether or not your guilty of anything is not the question, but it sure doesnt look good on your part or the rest of us who are LEGEALLY CARRING

Just something to think about!!!!

#17 ·
You can educate and remind, but we are all adults and responsible for our own families...some people just won't listen.

There are enough stories on the news for anyone to gain lessons on the cruelty that roams our society...this is why I'm so hesitant to worry about others caught in desperate situations.

Those who refuse to heed warnings of being prepared should not expect any more assistance than calling 911...good luck.:ziplip:

#18 ·
+1
retsupt99 and I are on the same page on this one
I put that into a much smaller nutshell by saying,
"You can't save everyone"

#19 ·
Some states allow open carry and or to keep a firearm inside a vehicle without a permit, but laws vary from state to state so check them. (Handgunlaw.us is a place to start.) Concealed without a permit is not smart.

You might consider new friends if the one's you hang around with are considered "stupid" by your standards.

Remember : Intelligence is confined to small areas while stupidity knows no boundaries.

#21 ·
I dont know the OP or his friends, but it sounds like
his friends are probably felons and can not apply for ccw.
Get new friends as mentioned in earlier posts.

#22 ·
I don't know the exact penalty in kansas for illegally carrying a concealed firearm is, but I'm sure it comes with a hefty fine and or jail time, so definently don't CC without a permit. However, if you want to OC, Kansas leaves OC laws up to local government, so you'd have to go and check with the local PD or Sheriffs office to see if you can OC legally.

#25 ·
Yes, you have stupid friends, unfortunately. I just hope you don't get arrested for being with one of them when they get popped for illegally carrying... Ya' know, come to think of it, Mom was right - you are known by the company you keep!

#27 ·
I have to agree with the OP, he has stupid friends! If they don't want to join the NRA, I have no problem with that. However if they chose to carry illegally, I do have a problem with that.

The procedures for getting their LTCF are not difficult in PA. Unless they are prohibited from getting a permit. It's not like they live in NY, MD or CA.

I have to agree with the others who have said it's time to distance yourself from these idiots and make a new set of friends.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.