I have stupid freinds!

I have stupid freinds!

This is a discussion on I have stupid freinds! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I tell them..join the NRA..they say..lots of people joined I don't need to. I tell them,I just passed the CCW..they say..what do I need that ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I have stupid freinds!

I tell them..join the NRA..they say..lots of people joined I don't need to.
    I tell them,I just passed the CCW..they say..what do I need that for..I will just carry.
    MMMM...whats you're thought?
    What is the penalty for carry and no permit...might be worth it!
    I might "just carry"
    KANSAS .... <----------------------------I am permited..almost

Keep working on them, we don't need anymore illegal carriers out there.

All it would take is for some dork to get jammed up and mention that he knew a guy that knew a guys 3rd cousin twin brother from another mother that has a CC permit and the media would work their magic and crucify the legal CC permit holders.

Joker1
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Don't really follow your logic there joker - it would just be another BG caught with an illegally concealed firearm. Your friends are idiots. Idiots with guns. Get new friends.

Get new friends as posted above...

Or go down with them
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Agree. Sorry that's not what you want to hear, but they are breaking the law, and will get you jammed up with their stupidity eventually. You can't risk that. Get better friends.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

The essence of responsible gun ownership is obeying the law. Even if you don't believe in them or like them.

You really do need new friends.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    I can't disagree, they don't sound like the sharpest tools in the shed.
    Look around, there are brighter folks out there to spend time with.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

carrying a firearm means you MUST have responsibility, sounds like your friends dont. I would get new friends before they drag you down to their level. Sounds to me like you already have a good head on your shoulders by asking us the question!!

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    carrying a firearm means you MUST have responsibility, sounds like your friends dont. I would get new friends before they drag you down to their level. Sounds to me like you already have a good head on your shoulders by asking us the question!!
    agreed.

if carrying a weapon concealed without a license is perfectly acceptable, what other laws are okay to break? how do you explain the law and ethics behind "shoot? don't shoot?" if the law means nothing to them? if carrying a weapon illegally is okay to them, why would it phase them to carry into a federal building, etc.? if caught, the media would not care that the person didn't obtain a legal LTCF, they'd just lump the rest of us in there with him and say that concealed carriers ignore the laws set forth. as if it wasn't already difficult enough? it would be a giant leap backwards for all 2A advocates.

you get the license, training, and prepare yourself mentally for the gigantic responsibility of carrying a weapon or you don't carry at all. plain and simple. i have ZERO respect for those who carry illegally in a state that allows legal carry.

I believe most states the unlicensed concealed handgun is a felony,no0t only would they be convicted felons if caught,it could affect not only their right to own guns but also future employment
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

No concealed carry without a permit. In my state the car is like an extension of the home and you can have a weapon in your vehicle, just not on your person without a permit.

Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arko View Post
    Agree. Sorry that's not what you want to hear, but they are breaking the law, and will get you jammed up with their stupidity eventually. You can't risk that. Get better friends.
    +1 Couldn't agree more.
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

that does sound like you need new friends. Why would you want to get your self involved with people who want to break the law. All they will do is bring you down. owning carrying a fire arm is a responsibility and it isn't to be taken lightly.

You can be a GG, or not. I'm all for the idea that a permitting process can easily be turned into a denial process, and for a constitutionally-protected right that's simply an abomination. Still, while we've got legitimately-enacted laws on the books that dictate otherwise, we're honor-bound to comply.

In Oregon, the penalty for going around with your head in the clouds as to weapons possession (ie, carrying concealed without a license) is a Class A Misdemeanor, which can cost you up to $6250 in fines and 1yr in jail. That's just one step below a felony, so Oregon takes it pretty seriously. To say nothing of the risk of forfeiture of all future right to own/carry a firearm, though I don't believe that the (Oregon) CC statute specifically requires this denial as part of a Class A Misdemeanor.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I agree with all thats been said...Get new friends before they drag you down with them...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links