Possible CHL voided now?

This is a discussion on Possible CHL voided now? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Frogbones I'd get harassed jokingly by my buddies on how "uptight" "paranoid" etc etc. I've gotten since I've have picked up the ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Possible CHL voided now?

Quote Originally Posted by Frogbones View Post
    I'd get harassed jokingly by my buddies on how "uptight"
    "paranoid" etc etc. I've gotten since I've have picked up the seriousness in CC...you know the backing off the drinks (beers) to no almost nothing (like one beer heh) when out while carrying or had the gun in the car, stopped with the quick snippy mouth to strangers, eased up on the driving...just practicing avoidance to confrontations and other things that come along with carrying a firearm. You know, practicing the law abiding and "model citizen" thingy.... to me now that's more a kick than drinking and such. Just kinda wish they get that way....maybe they will learn through my example.....ahahahah don't think so.
    +1, Words to CC by IMO.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by gilraen View Post
    Anyone else agree, or think that goes too far?
    Don't agree....Richard Cranium!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    If you are willing to do stupid things with a 3,000 pound weapon, why would you think they are going to let you carry a 35 oz. weapon?
    It's called a gun, not a weapon...

Quote Originally Posted by Frogbones View Post
    A buddy of mine of 15+yrs was getting all the paper work ready and class setup for his CHL when just the other night (to my disappointment) got arrested for DWI. UUGH what a dumb .

So now he has to fork over several grand for a lawyer and have all this sorted out.

My question is...does this screw with his ability to get a CHL?

I think it would, but not sure....Kinda makes me second guess his responsibility for having such a permit. I WAS going to pitch in with him for a handgun....but now I'm just upset with his poor choice of behavior I 'm not sure I want to contribute....I'm kinda put out with him and I let him know it too.

Even before I got my CHL I stopped all that kind of nonsense. I never drink and drive...heck I don't like drinking any kind of drink..don't like to eat..and really hate talking on the phone....I just like to drive and get where I'm going....mainly cause I drive a standard.

I'd get harassed jokingly by my buddies on how "uptight"
    "paranoid" etc etc. I've gotten since I've have picked up the seriousness in CC...you know the backing off the drinks (beers) to no almost nothing (like one beer heh) when out while carrying or had the gun in the car, stopped with the quick snippy mouth to strangers, eased up on the driving...just practicing avoidance to confrontations and other things that come along with carrying a firearm. You know, practicing the law abiding and "model citizen" thingy.... to me now that's more a kick than drinking and such. Just kinda wish they get that way....maybe they will learn through my example.....ahahahah don't think so.

Uugh just kinda pissed me off that he pulled such a shananigun .

Anyhoo so...Does this ruin his chance to get a CHL in TX?
    i think so, at least for 5yrs if convicted.when i was younger the steering wheel was actually in my way when driving because of all the other things i had going on in the car,.. ha,ha, ive changed all that some years ago. and its called a firearm.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by PastorPack View Post
    Sorry, but your friend just failed the responsible citizen test.
    I agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Oldskoolfan View Post
    I think that if you are ticketed for speeding you should lose your CCW. Or a parking ticket because that is like leaving your 3,000 pound weapon lying around in an unsafe location.
    That is ridiculous in the extreme!

And not the law in any State because it is ridiculous!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Well, that explains why you are so tough on those who drive cars.

As the upstanding citizen I'm sure you are, the next time you roll through a stop sign on your bike, or park it in an area you shouldn't, I expect you will surrender all the guns you own to the police, since, after all, if you can't follow some laws, then you can't be trusted to follow other laws.

Rolling through a stop sign, even on a bike, could cause a car accident which could hurt or kill others, so according to your logic, you'll need to get rid of all your guns immediately the next time you roll through... and if you've ever rolled through a stop sign in the past, then you need to turn your guns in now. Unless, of course, you have different standards for yourself than those you place on others.

The Missouri Legislature, and probably every other legislature in the 48 free states, would find your opinion on confiscating CCW's over a speeding ticket or a parking ticket laughable.

You're entitled to your opinion. Thank God no one in the Missouri Legislature gives such an opinion any credence.

The day our government tries to pull off such a stunt will be a day that will go down in history.
    Perhaps I should have elaborated, by bike I mean bicycle.

I agree.

I think that if you are ticketed for speeding you should lose your CCW. Or a parking ticket because that is like leaving your 3,000 pound weapon lying around in an unsafe location.
    i was going to reply to some of your odd posts, but i don't think it would do any good.
    besides your from Illinois,don't have to worry about loosing your CHL in that state do you?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Perhaps I should have elaborated, by bike I mean bicycle.
    I understood you to mean bicycle the first time.

You list Illinois as your state. Do you have a CCW?

You mention you are a student. Are you old enough for a CCW? (Honest question because you may be a returning student.)

Do you own a gun?

Just curious because you are quick to be harsh toward gunowners who have a CCW. Seriously, I'm wondering if you are jealous.

I am confused. I just looked at my AZ permit and my NV non resident permit and both of them refer to a Concealed Weapon not a Concealed Gun

To all posters! Are there any states that issued a Concealed gun permit?

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    I am confused. I just looked at my AZ permit and my NV non resident permit and both of them refer to a Concealed Weapon not a Concealed Gun

Yes Virginia. I says" Permit to carry a concealed HANDGUN"

They used to say weapon a few renewals ago.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by puncho
    Quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99
    If you are willing to do stupid things with a 3,000 pound weapon, why would you think they are going to let you carry a 35 oz. weapon?
    .........geez, this again........really?
    a gun is a weapon
    a car is a weapon
    a crowbar is a weapon
    ...baseball bat
    .... screwdriver
    ....pocket knife
    ....brick
    .....weedeater
    ....list can go on and on as to what can be a weapon, I understood the whole point of Ret's post
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

DM2
    Yes, Michigan's license is called a CPL - concealed pistol license.
    DM2
    "I did the thing I feared the most. Excuse me while I cheer. Now here I stand a stronger soul and all I lost was fear." ...Anonymous

I agree.

I seriously do not know whether to laugh or cry!

Texas issues a Concealed Handgun License (CHL).
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

It's not too hard to get a DWI. Have three beers after work, drive home and bingo, you get pulled over. In my mind having a CHL means stepping up/growing up, not sure of the right wording but you have to make some life changes.

How are you all dealing with this?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links