Kids and handguns

Kids and handguns

This is a discussion on Kids and handguns within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This video bugs me. People being dumb and irresponsible with firearms breeds injury and death and then anti-gun legislature. What are your opinions here based ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kids and handguns

Kids and handguns

This video bugs me. People being dumb and irresponsible with firearms breeds injury and death and then anti-gun legislature. What are your opinions here based on the complete scenerio?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=n3MzhWQDZOo
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

At least they won't be able to hit what they're aiming at.........I think it looks like kids doing it as a gag. Both are using the "gangsta" hold while one has his hat on sideaways...at least the weapons looked like they were kept pointed either downrange or in a safe direction.

If the media got a hold of it, they'd probably be swarmed as the nexct "Columbine" killers.

Jake
    "They kept tryin' to put me in the ground, but I wasn't ready"

Lead Moderator
    What's scary is it reminds me of those pre-Colimbine (sp?) tapes.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

For a moment I thought this was a video of some of my students! Then I remembered that particular crew is still cooling their heels in county lockup for armed robbery....

You folks notice any hearing protection?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Nope, I didn't see any hearing protection either. What was the point? That they thought they looked 'cool'? Pointless if you ask me.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Hulk
    Nope, I didn't see any hearing protection either. What was the point? That they thought they looked 'cool'? Pointless if you ask me.

I think my point is that unless I'm under life or death situational stress, it'd be hard to rip through a mag of 9mm and have another one going next to me and not react in some manner of discomfort after I got done. These kids were relaxed and joking...etc. Now granted they may already BE deaf from listening to the crap they do on their i-Pods and such, but I'm vaguely suggesting the whole thing may have been staged. I used to rock-n-roll on everything from an M16 to an M-60 to a .50 cal BMG with no ear protection when I was shooting....blank ammo....
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    They MIGHT have been old enough to have the guns, hard for me to tell. Everyone looks 12 to me these days.

On the other hand I'd just as soon have them keep shooting like that.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

I don't know bout those two characters but my 11 year old brother would know better then that. I have had my Lil' bro shooting for 2 years started with bb guns then .22Lr then 30.30 and even likes shooting my 303 British(with good accuracy also) and this past few months i have gotten him to shoot my 1911 with comfort and some accuracy. if you teach them young and right then they will NEVER do something that stupid.
    The answer to "the voice in the dark", GET DOWN NOW!!(see avatar).
    The goal of an argument should not be victory, but progress.
    The chain of command? Is a 3/8" chain that I beat you with till you realize I'M IN COMMAND.

Lead Moderator
    no aiming involved. Very nice.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar
    Rat-a-tat, tat, tat, gansta style. Thats the shiznit now-a-days biaotch.
    Every gun should have a idiot meter built into the grip, so if your a idiot you can't shoot it.

Real stupid, most of the hood rats that shoot don't hit what they aim at because they don't practice. This is sad because first where did they get the pistols and second where are the parents?
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Sorry, exsoldier....I realize the point of your post (mea culpa!), I was responding to the pointlessness of their 'show-boating.'

It reminds me of the Columbine Idiots. Without supervision, or a sense of responsibility, it’s just a couple of punks thinking they have some power.
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

I had a problem hitting the target when practicing my "Gangsta grip" So I had a Smith add some sights on the right side of my slide.
    Attached Images

just a couple of kids having fun shooting is what i see, im sure they were shooting at targets or some safe backstop, although they won't be able to be accurate shooting like that, i watched a few punks at the local gun range here in Bellevue, WA shoot with their guns sideways with a target 10 feet infront of them, from a magazine clip of 17 from a 9mm, only one bullet made a hole in the target 10 feet away, one freakin hole, not an effective way to hit targets!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links