Going to Texas

This is a discussion on Going to Texas within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; With the fees being charged by airlines for bags, and the inconvenience of checking bags and the possibility of loss or theft, more and more ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going to Texas

Ship it ahead.

With the fees being charged by airlines for bags, and the inconvenience of checking bags and the possibility of loss or theft, more and more people are shipping bags to their destination via FedEx, DHL, or UPS. It is easy to ship it ahead, and you have tracking information to make sure it gets to the hotel.

The problem I see is the return trip, because I don't think you can have the hotel ship the bag -- you will have to find a depot to ship from because you will need to declare the gun.

I have used a combination of techniques suggested here by others. On the trip out, I arrive early before others arrive at the airport, and simply explain that I don't like to be rushed (perhaps I could have done this on the return). On the return trip, when my bag has to be checked separately, I simply use the excuse that I have containers in my bag that need to be checked by TSA.

Do you have to take the same flights as the others? Could you take an earlier or later return flight and come up with an reasonable explanation?

If you're really concerned about being outed, shipping it seems best.

C Paul

2. Remove Ads

Depending on where you are going I am sure we can find you an FFL to ship your stuff to.

Or...

You declare it at the airport and when you cohorts question you about it simply tell them that you are not allowed in TX without a handgun and since they don't have one they'll have to buy an expensive one at the airport before they go through customs.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Where are you flying into.......I could loan you one.......
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Depending on where you are going I am sure we can find you an FFL to ship your stuff to.

Or...

You declare it at the airport and when you cohorts question you about it simply tell them that you are not allowed in TX without a handgun and since they don't have one they'll have to buy an expensive one at the airport before they go through customs.

yep, don't want to violate the law here
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links