Florida CWL - This will chap your butt if you been waiting - Page 2

Florida CWL - This will chap your butt if you been waiting

This is a discussion on Florida CWL - This will chap your butt if you been waiting within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Mitigate I literally just got off the phone with the Tallahassee contact number for CCW applications (850) 245-5691. The wait was 14 ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Florida CWL - This will chap your butt if you been waiting

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitigate View Post
    I literally just got off the phone with the Tallahassee contact number for CCW applications (850) 245-5691. The wait was 14 minutes, and they only ask for your social and confirm your name.

The operator informed me that they were processing applications received in MAY!! and that I have another month wait or so. I mailed mine out on 07/19/2009. You know what that means....

So much for the 90 days policy stated in the law....

How hard can it be to process an application.....

I just wanted to give anyone else in this situation a benchmark on their wait....
    How do you figure that?

If you mailed it out on 7/19 (actually it goes off the received date) then your 90 days aren't up until 10/17. That is plenty of time.

Don't believe everything the people on the phone tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by jsnole View Post
    I mailed mine off on the 10th, they cashed my check yesterday. Get this, the regional office is in Jacksonville! I could have driven over there in 10 minutes.....
    They should post this info on the Florida Department of Agriculture website.

I agree Puncho, if i would have only known...lol
    Jamie

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by puncho View Post
    They should post this info on the Florida Department of Agriculture website.
    It IS on the web site.
    See link in post #7
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

I guess that's a bene of living in Tallahassee. Sort of like people in DC probably get their welfare and stimulus money sooner than others...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fish View Post
    It IS on the web site.
    See link in post #7
    I don't see where it says about turning in your paperwork for CCW in the site. I may have to go to the Miami Branch sometime this week. If i do, I'll ask them.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

how about renewal of a permit? Have you heard any thing on this? It sounds like they need to hire some people if the government has not already skimmed the money out of the trust fund. There should be more then enough money to hire some people.

Once you have your permit in your "hot little hands" you'll forget about the wait, and just be glad you have it.

However, the "express application" for those who have yet to apply would definitely be the way to go in Florida!

The wait is agonizing for everyone regardless of the length!

In Missouri, by state statute, they must issue or deny within 45 days. If back ground check has not come back within the 45 days, they still, by law, must go ahead and issue the permit!

If later, the back ground check does come back a "no go", it is then up to the Sheriff to go to the individual and revoke the permit which was already issued.

The legislature did this in order to keep local Sheriff's from intentionally dragging their feet in issuing permits.

So at least we know going in, exactly how long the wait is going to be and that it won't be any longer than 45 days!

Once you get your "certificate for permit" from the Sheriff, the individual takes the "certificate" to any DMV office and your permit is printed up right there on the spot. So, in 45 days, you go to the Sheriff, pick up your "certificate" then go to the DMV and leave with your permit in your hand that day. (You are either issued a new Drivers License which shows your ccw status or you can opt for a Non-Driver State ID card which shows your ccw status.)
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    I don't see where it says about turning in your paperwork for CCW in the site. I may have to go to the Miami Branch sometime this week. If i do, I'll ask them.
    Miggy - I emailed the address provided by the regional lookup link provided above and got this reply (see below). They even answered via email after "normal" hours.

rolyat63

from me
    to cabrerd@doacs.state.fl.us
    date Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 4:59 PM
    subject Concealed Carry License

Dear Sir or Madam;

I have heard that we can now apply for the Fl concealed weapons permit at the regional offices in person now to include fingerprinting.

Can you confirm this and if so is this during your normal business hours or specific times?

Thanks in advance,

rolyat63
    from Cabrera, Dan <cabrerd@doacs.state.fl.us>
    to me
    date Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 2:15 PM
    subject RE: Concealed Carry License
    mailed-by doacs.state.fl.us

You are correct. Call 813-272-2552 and make an appointment. You only need to bring your driver's license, proof of qualification, and a check or money order for $117.00.
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

My app was received on 6/15. I spoke to the very nice people at licensing today, and they told me they were processing applications from 5/11. A while to go yet...

Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar

Panhandle CWL Information

-----Original Message-----
    To: Matthews, Mike
    Subject: Concealed Weapon License application question?

Dear Mr Mathews,

I understand that people can now apply for a CWL in person at the Department of Agriculture Office in Fort Walton Beach, I know a few people that are applying for their license from Pensacola. If this is true how do I arrange for people in my area to get their license processing in person, and what do they need to bring with them? Also is there a DOA office in Pensacola where they can turn in their Application or is it just at the Fort Walton Beach office?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

INS Gadget
    Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 9:25 AM
    To: INS Gadget
    Subject: RE: Concealed Weapon License application question?

INS Gadget
    There is no office in Pensacola. Processing is done by appointment at the Ft. Walton Bch. office. Please call 850-833-9146 for an appointment. They will instruct you on what to bring at that time.

Mike Matthews
    Here is the info for Ft Walton Beach DOA office:

Fort Walton Regional Office
    8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (CST)
    Mike Matthews, Supervisor
    212 Eglin Parkway S.E., Suite A
    Fort Walton Beach, Florida 32548
    Phone: (850) 833-9146
    Fax: (850) 833-9149
    matthem@doacs.state.fl.us
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

An express lane for CCL, how freakin cool. It took KS two and a half years to issue 20,000 permits. I would love it if our paper had to report the state was adding offices to keep up with all the good people arming themselves.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by KSCarry View Post
    My app was received on 6/15. I spoke to the very nice people at licensing today, and they told me they were processing applications from 5/11. A while to go yet...
    I'm starting to wonder if they have a normal method or procedure for processing. A guy at work sent his paperwork in in late May (around the 20th), his check was cashed in mid-June, and he received his permit last week. I've also seen "horror stories" lately of people waiting 5-6 months.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by Squawker View Post
    Geez, I'm amazed at the wait times now. When I got my Fla CCW permit 3 years ago, it only took 60 days.
    I'm also wondering what happened. In 2006 I got my FL CHP in 28 days, including weekends. So should I renew nine months in advance or what??
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

After I forwarded the email above to a few folks including my brother who has procrastinated himself into good fortune. He called Monday, made an appointment for Weds. He said it took less than thirty minutes and he should expect his permit in approximately 30 days. BTW, he's in Orlando.

On the flip side of that, A LTC at work sent his in, in April and still no word. His was also a lapsed renewal and still taking way too long.
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links