Florida CWL - This will chap your butt if you been waiting - Page 3

Florida CWL - This will chap your butt if you been waiting

This is a discussion on Florida CWL - This will chap your butt if you been waiting within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wow, I did the electronic filing in Punta Gorda, FL (about 25 minutes from me) and I got mine in the mail today! I did ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Florida CWL - This will chap your butt if you been waiting

only took 1 WEEK!

Wow, I did the electronic filing in Punta Gorda, FL (about 25 minutes from me) and I got mine in the mail today! I did app last Friday, with electronic prints and everything else.

I didn't believe me when they said 2 weeks, but they said this is a new system & that they were putting a rush on these because they wanted to try their new system out!

Looks like I'm carrying tonite :)

UPDATE: 10 days

Quote Originally Posted by rolyat63 View Post
    After I forwarded the email above to a few folks including my brother who has procrastinated himself into good fortune. He called Monday, made an appointment for Weds. He said it took less than thirty minutes and he should expect his permit in approximately 30 days. BTW, he's in Orlando.

On the flip side of that, A LTC at work sent his in, in April and still no word. His was also a lapsed renewal and still taking way too long.

Brother got it in the mail today after going to the Orlando office last weds.
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

it works

It works. I went to the west palm office on the 30th of Oct. I was 30 minutes early for the app. They took me in and I was out before I was scheduled. It was in the mail on the 5th and received it on the 10th. Its a good thing that they started this but I feel for you all who applied by mail and have waited and waited. Dave

Sent in my renewal on 10-27-09 & received it back on 11-13-09..Good for 7 years.

I of course read an article about this about 2 weeks after I got my CWL, which took just under 6 months. Here is a list of FL regional offices.

Regional Office Listing - Division of Licensing, FDACS

I mailed my application in on April 20 and received my license the first week of July. I did it the "old fashioned" way.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    man...i guess the overload has taken its toll...i hardly remember a wait at all when i applied...

for what its worth and not the matters now with the express offices...florida has had a rule that if you have not received your permit within 90 days of the paperwork being received you can demand it immediately and they must comply...its one of the reasons the express offices were set up...they were afraid the demands would start flying and they may have been forced to issue permits before complete checks were performed...there have been several newspaper articles about it over the past year as things started backing up so much...

Supposedly the long wait in the mail have been trimmed down from 4 months to two months, but the office visits at the regional offices are taking from 2-3 weeks...definitely worth the drive.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

This is the fault of the Fla legislature. Most "shall issue" states provide definite time limits for the issuance of a license. Either Fla has none or no one has taken the state to court if a time limit actually exists. Find out what the law states and then inform the NRA.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Supposedly the long wait in the mail have been trimmed down from 4 months to two months, but the office visits at the regional offices are taking from 2-3 weeks...definitely worth the drive.
    FL cashed my check on July 1. Still no permit. I called 3 weeks ago and they said another month. Cleared the backlog? Not for me anyway.

Renewed

I just renewed via mail, I'm out of state, and it took four weeks to get the permit back. I wasn't expired until January and they used the January expiration date for my new permit, not November.

Good job Fl.

That's why I have a timeshare and an annual vacation there. ALL cc's need to suppport these states that value our rights.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links