NY1 Spring and 3.5# Connector

This is a discussion on NY1 Spring and 3.5# Connector within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi All, I'd like to hear from anyone that has installed the above combo (NY1 spring and 3.5 lb connector). How much, if any, improvement ...

Thread: NY1 Spring and 3.5# Connector

NY1 Spring and 3.5# Connector

Hi All,

I'd like to hear from anyone that has installed the above combo (NY1 spring and 3.5 lb connector). How much, if any, improvement did you notice? Have you kept them installed or have you gone back to the original parts? What are you opinions?

Thanks in advance.
    Rob - The Erstwhile Vermont Fat Ba*d

2. Remove Ads

I see you've started a thread over at GT about this as well. No...they won't let me be a member over there and I can't say I'm disappointed about it. Anyway, I'm not all that up-to-date on the trigger spring/connector combos, but I do like the 8# connector in my G23 for the crisp reset. I've also tried the 3.5# connector in my G17 for steel matches and it's wonderful. What exactly is the NY1/3.5# combo supposed to benefit? I may want to try it.
    Well, I know I'm not much help here, but I'll leave you with one from the archives: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...eat-setup.html

I'm a Glock Armorer and I have all of my Glocks set up this way. I have OEM 3.5# connectors and the NY1 (olive) trigger springs. It makes for a nice even trigger pull without the spongy slack. It also has a nice crisp reset. I'm not a fan of the 8# connector as it feels like a fast trigger pull then it gets hard right before it breaks.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    I used several Glocks with this combo from early 2002 to late 2004 as duty and carry pistols. As NY27 indicated, it makes the trigger pull even without the spongy slack. I was already used to 1911 pistols and DA sixguns, and the spongy stock Glock set-up just did not work well for me. FWIW, in late 2004, I went with the DAK trigger in a SIG P229, for duty and CC, then soon dumped the Glocks, and never looked back.

I have this on my G26. It does give a bit more crisper let off and firmer reset, but also a bit heavier overall pull in my experience...a decent trade off for me. I also prefer the design of the NY1 trigger spring as it's stronger than stock (I've actually seen two Glocks go down in fairly high round count training classes because thier stock trigger spring broke.)

C-

RamRod,

Yeah, I asked the same question at GT, not everyone who reads here also posts there, so I get a bigger group to draw from. Why can't you play at GT? What did you do? I find DC to generally be stricter that GT.

Thanks everyone for the responses. I'm considering the LWD 3.5lb connector with the NY1 trigger spring. At GlockParts.com it's only $20 including shipping for both.
    Rob - The Erstwhile Vermont Fat Ba*d

I have the NY-1 / 3.5 Ghost Rocket combo. Like was said above I really like the nice even pull all the way thru the break. Crisp reset and even though the stock spring fails very rarely I think the NY-1 spring is more reliable.

The short pull the rocket gives you is really handy when shooting rapid fire.

I had the OP's combo and removed it. Since I'm so used to it, I prefer the stock connector and spring and a .25 Trigger Job
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Crucible View Post
    I have this on my G26. It does give a bit more crisper let off and firmer reset, but also a bit heavier overall pull in my experience...a decent trade off for me. I also prefer the design of the NY1 trigger spring as it's stronger than stock (I've actually seen two Glocks go down in fairly high round count training classes because thier stock trigger spring broke.)

C-

You're right. The NY triggers are stronger than the stock trigger springs. However, a Glock WILL STILL FIRE with a broken trigger spring.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by VTFatBa*d View Post
    RamRod,

Yeah, I asked the same question at GT, not everyone who reads here also posts there, so I get a bigger group to draw from. Why can't you play at GT? What did you do? I find DC to generally be stricter that GT.

Thanks everyone for the responses. I'm considering the LWD 3.5lb connector with the NY1 trigger spring. At GlockParts.com it's only $20 including shipping for both.
    They won't let me in at GT because I don't have a server based email address so they think I'm a spammer. Quite a hassle nowadays if you only do web based email. I might try again some day.
    If you can get both parts for $20, then you've got a good deal!

Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    You're right. The NY triggers are stronger than the stock trigger springs. However, a Glock WILL STILL FIRE with a broken trigger spring.
    During LFI-1 in June with Mas Ayoob, we discussed this exact combination at length. One of the students was an IDPA Master and Glock armorer. As I recall, there was some kind of failure where you could still run the gun with a NY1 trigger spring, but you had to do some other step if the stock spring broke. I may have misunderstood, and I defer to NY27's armorer expertise.

There are two other advantages Mas related to us: the first has been discussed here - the NY1 has a crisper reset than stock, as the stronger spring "assists" the trigger back forward.

The other is legal and some disagree with Mas on this: Glock specifically states the 3.5# trigger bar connector is not for duty or carry, but they do endorse the 3.5# trigger bar/NY1 spring combination for duty/carry. Mas is concerned that a prosecutor or plaintiff's attorney could try to paint you as reckless or negligent if you were involved in a self-defense shooting and had modified your carry gun counter to the manufacturer's specifications, such as using a 3.5# connector with the stock spring.

Now that Glock endorses the 3.5# connector/NY1 spring combination, Mas calls that "the holy grail", because of its performance benefits without providing ammo for an opposing attorney.
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

I have set up my G17 for competition with the 3.5#connector/NY1 trigger spring combo and tried it out this weekend. Awesome! Even an old Glockster like me is impressed. I like it a lot! I'm going to set up my wife's G19 match pistol the same way. I will however put quite a bit more rounds downrange before I go doing this in my EDC G23.
    Last edited by Ram Rod; September 7th, 2009 at 01:53 PM.

Links