Bathroom 1911

This is a discussion on Bathroom 1911 within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Guys yesterday the wife and I went shopping and I decided to take the 1911. Well, when nature called I immediately missed the Chiefs Special ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bathroom 1911

Bathroom 1911

Guys yesterday the wife and I went shopping and I decided to take the 1911. Well, when nature called I immediately missed the Chiefs Special .38. Why? because I had an issue hiding the 1911 while I took care of business. I could just see some guy freaking out seeing a cocked and locked 1911 peeking out from under the stall, or better yet someone making the mistake of reaching for it.

Anyway, l since I had a pair of baggy jeans on I stuffed it and the fobus in my pocket and concealed the grip best I could. It felt so good knowing that I had ol' slabsides on throughout the day, but the bathroom issue will send me packing the .38. I like the .45 for power, and the amount of rounds I can have if needed. Thus, does anybody have any solutions to this problem of dropping your jeans while packing a 1911 in the public bathroom.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

2. Remove Ads

The solution is to not drop your pants all the way. Put some tension on them and keep them above your knees.

I've used the "hammock carry": I keep my pants up around my knees and lay my gun in the hammock created by my BVD's and pants. Awkward, but effective.

Joe, tried that man, I guess I could get use to it but its sure hard to get things moving man. I had to wait until I got to a store that had a private single bathroom to really get down to business.

More COFFEE!

I take my gun off and place it on the back of the toilet. I wear athletic shorts under my pants to pad my hip from the holster. I take a leg of the shorts and place it over my holster so someone can't see it. I also try to take the stall farthest on the right so my right side (gun side) is on a wall and the only stalls are to my left. That way my legs help to block the holster if it shows.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

los
    Take the holster/weapon off your belt and place it on your thigh.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

You can always take it off and put it somewhere (back of toilet, on top of the toilet paper dispenser, etc.) Just don't drop it - or worse - forget it! :)

Lead Moderator
    I never take my gun off my body to use the restroom. (atleast in public). It will either be in the holster or in the shorts hammock style. too many stories of cops and others leaving thier guns behind.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

From the other thread on this :), my $.02

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...4&postcount=14
    Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.-- Yoda
    G4W is now, be "Vigilant Always" - Bruce, (vet)USASA, NRA, IDPA, USPSA, IHMSA, & USCCA!

Howdy!
    Actually, there is a technique for just the "situation" that you described.
    First: Lose the paddle holster. As soon as you drop yer pants, your holster and weapon will try to go in an opposing direction.
    Second: Drop your britches only to right below the knee so persons walking past the stall cannot see the firearm attached to your belt.
    Third: Pull your underwear out of your trousers, and wrap it around the gun and spare mag (you do of course carry a spare mag?). This prevents persons walking past the door to the stall (and looking inside to see if it is occupied) from seeing said firearm and spare mag. This will work w/ a belt holster, but is really effective with an IWB holster.
    Fourth: Take care of business.
    Fifth: Reverse the process without dropping your gun in the crapper (much easier to prevent with a holster that actually attaches to your belt - see # 1)
    Sixth: Wash your hands just like momma taught you. Now you're all done and once again ready for badguys with your .45.

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    the things we talk about ! lol. Any ladies care to chime in on this? I might learn somethin' to pass on to the wife :)
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

los
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Brommeland
    Howdy!
    Actually, there is a technique for just the "situation" that you described.
    First: Lose the paddle holster. As soon as you drop yer pants, your holster and weapon will try to go in an opposing direction.
    Second: Drop your britches only to right below the knee so persons walking past the stall cannot see the firearm attached to your belt.
    Third: Pull your underwear out of your trousers, and wrap it around the gun and spare mag (you do of course carry a spare mag?). This prevents persons walking past the door to the stall (and looking inside to see if it is occupied) from seeing said firearm and spare mag. This will work w/ a belt holster, but is really effective with an IWB holster.
    Fourth: Take care of business.
    Fifth: Reverse the process without dropping your gun in the crapper (much easier to prevent with a holster that actually attaches to your belt - see # 1)
    Sixth: Wash your hands just like momma taught you. Now you're all done and once again ready for badguys with your .45.
    Leave it to the Expert who's in the business of making some of the best concealment holsters available,... to give us the best advise on how to conceal our holsters when were doing our business!!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Gary, you are so right and recently I have felt good carrying the 1911 so I will be sending you a order when I get paid this week. Thanks alot.

I saw this artical, kinda reminds me of this thread.http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...s/14207132.htm

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links