I was a bad boy!!

This is a discussion on I was a bad boy!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I do understand why so many will tell you not to ever disclose your decision to carry, but I don't consider this to be a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I was a bad boy!!

I do understand why so many will tell you not to ever disclose your decision to carry, but I don't consider this to be a "hard and fast" rule. In fact, I don't think very many rules should ever be considered that way.

If you detect a "kindred spirit," there is nothing wrong at all with talking to them about it. Anytime you can bring another into the fold, its a good thing.

I don't really think everyone is as much of a "secret squirrel" as they come off, they just tend to over-state their positions. For those that are, I have to wonder how long it will be before they start to worry about "Big Brother" and quit posting on such an open Forum. . .

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

2. Remove Ads

Since he was looking at a gun magazine and was really into guns, I don't see toooo much harm in it, just hope no one else in the aisle heard or saw you with it.

To each their own. Telling a stranger isn't something I'm likely to do, unless it's at the range, then it's usually a 'show me yours and I'll show you mine' kind of thing :)

I don't shy away from conversations about guns, and CCW. I've been asked if I carry, my answer is usually 'the only way you'll ever know is if someone trys to kill me'. I try not to lie, but that's not a question I'm going to answer either.

On the other issue, I carry compact. Full size guns are just too uncomfortable for me to carry concealed 18 hours a day. It's great that some people can get away with it, just not me.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rstickle
    Have you ever noticed the smiley on the right has a HUGE ....... Nevermind.
    Curry

You broke "The #1 Rule Of CCW" No Matter What, NEVER Advertise!!!
    "The Day We Lose The Second Amendment Will Be The Day We Start The Second Revolution"
    "I Didn't Vote For Him"!

I don't want most of my friends and coworkers to know because if the SHTF I don't want people looking at me and even saying "do you have your gun?" and blowing my advantage. My family obviously knows and a few friends, but they mostly have permits too. Would expect them to be a bit smarter than most.

Maybe I'm paranoid, but it feels better this way.

Under those stated circumstances, I would NEVER have revealed I was carrying the gun. True, he might've been a good guy...but what if he was catching a ride with some buds and THEY weren't such nice characters? How many courts have heard the plaintive wail: I was just a passenger! I was just catching a ride! I didn't know they were gonna ROB someone, much less SHOOT them!!! I've seen it happen here and I've been a probation officer for those it has happened to. lol

Under those circumstances, I'd have endorsed the gun verbally and then I'd likely hand him my business card and offer to teach him to carry it concealed during a good class. THat way, he's not too sure I'm armed right then (I will be though) and if he gives the card to an evildoer the BG ought to be thinking....

Fresh meat? Wait a second, this guy's an INSTRUCTOR and just maybe knows *** he's doin' and why don't we go someplace else.... That's the feedback I've been given by those folks I used to supervise as their parole or probation officer. Granted that was in the 80's, but I can't imagine the criminal mindset changing too terribly much....not much "MIND' to "SET."
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links