I was a bad boy!!

This is a discussion on I was a bad boy!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, So there I was at the supermarket. Of course i was at the magazine rack looking at the new copy of combat handguns that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I was a bad boy!!

I was a bad boy!!

Ok, So there I was at the supermarket. Of course i was at the magazine rack looking at the new copy of combat handguns that stated THE XD-45 is the best 45 ever!!
    I couldnt help but look over at the other guy reading the same issue and say, That XD is something else huh?
    He looked at me and said yes and he wants to buy one soo bad.
    I told him where he could get a great deal on one and about what the price range would be.
    The man was excited, i could tell.
    Then i dont know what happend but i felt the urge to tell him I have the xd-45 and it was easy to conceal.
    He didnt believe me, stating that something that big could never be concealed without someone knowing.
    I looked him in the eye and with a smile said, Can you see mine?
    He looked me over and said your what? Your gun? I said yes , My XD-45 loaded with 14 rounds.
    He said No and laughed. I dont think he thought i was telling the truth. So I said my good byes and left the store with only the things my wife sent me for.

I probably shouldnt have told him i was carrying but if i made a new XD owner out of him by doing so THEN SO BE IT!

Would you do the same? If you knew someone would probubly get a gun that you felt strongly for, Would you tell them you were carrying it to encourage the purchase of a great firearm?

Gregg
    I carry because I care.
    "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."
    "Cling to the Father and His Holy name, and don't go riding on the Long Black Train" - Josh Turner

2. Remove Ads

los
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelicious
    ...I probubly shouldnt have told him i was carrying but If i made a new XD owner out of him by doing so THEN SO BE IT!
    You broke the #1 rule!! Time for a good spank'n!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

It's not nice to GLOAT! But REAL FUN!

Since the other guy was reading the same issue, and was really likin' the XD-45, you were giving needed advice, Gelicious.

At the last preseason baseball game down in Phoenix yesterday, a Flagstaff friend was talking about the XD-45. Told him I had one and found it to be a great shooting pistol, and he could try out mine. We're going shooting here in northern AZ next week. I'll bet he buys one.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them."
    George Mason

"Gun control is a job-safety program for criminals."
    John R. Lott

Lead Moderator
    Bad Boy!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

On the other hand (no pun intended for the spanking crowd)...at least you were carrying...that's a step ahead of most folks

Well I would probably never see this guy again. I don't really see the harm in "telling" him i was carrying. I didn't lift up my shirt and show the guy. He didn't know where it was or how fast i can draw it, so i didn't see the harm in implying that i had it on me. But either way i broke a rule so the spanking is welcome!

=)
    I carry because I care.
    "Cling to the Father and His Holy name, and don't go riding on the Long Black Train" - Josh Turner

I agree - don't tell anyone that you're carrying. I think you could have told him you had one, that they're easy to conceal, etc., but you should have drawn the line there. You just never know how strangers are going to react.

KC

Where exactly where you carrying it? I have trouble concealing a GLOCK 26 except at 5 or 6 o'clock. But I need a real gun belt and to start wearing larger shirts. After a get a Kahr PM9 and a P9 I'll be getting some 45. There are a lot tom choose from but I like the XD45 and SIG's 220.

Yeah, I would love to know where you carry a weapon that size at. I have a Glock 23 and find difficulty concealing it, except in one outfit that I have it disapear's. I carry mine at around 4 o'clock in a comp-tac holster...and it still prints!
    Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast, Fast is Deadly!

i would have passed telling him .. I have showed people in the gun store before who were thinking about it and etc but thats little different that super market

Okie dokey well i guess i shouldnt tell anyone anymore. Just thought there wouldnt be any harm done because the guy was obviosly a gun lover and not someone reading a "I hate guns" magazine. Anyway I carry my xd in a Hume Agent Holster OWB at 3:00. I am a heavy set big guy with large baggy clothes. Lets just say, im the LAST one people would expect to be carrying legally. With my baggy clothes on you cant tell im carrying unless my shirt rides up a little When i get in and out of my car. Other than that, unless you touch my hips or give "low hugs" you cant tell.

Ill have to take a picture sometime. But growing up in L.A. and the clothing, music, and personal apperance style that i choose is pretty well known to be violent and such but thats not who I am.

Anyway Shame on me! Lets just hope I can hold back next time.. J\k
    I carry because I care.

First...I am doing nothing illegal so I have no problem telling someone I am carrying, I fail to understand the "Secret Sam" mentality that seems to prevail. I have had some pleasant talks with people on the subject (including a couple cops) and have talked a couple people into getting their permits, and a couple fence sitters, while not running out to get permits, came to understand that reasonable people can carry without looking like Marshal Dillon walking down the street to a gunfight.

Second...I have been carrying a more than full size 1911 style .45 with only a tucked in sport shirt lately. I have a Para-Ordnance P-14 that I carry in a Galco Sky-Op tuckable IWB I just got. This morning as we went out of the house for breakfast the wife asked if I wasn't going to carry anything (she has taken over the .380 I use to carry in my rear pocket), she couldn't tell I had the .45 even after I told her where it was. I was wearing a slightly large button front shirt tucked in and slightly bloused at the belt line, looking in the mirror I canít even tell I have it on.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    For me, I don't mention it to anyone because you never know when it may led to a big hastle. The last thing I want, however unlikley is for someone to overhear and feel like they are doing their ANTI civic duty and making a big deal over nothing. No it's not illegal, but I don't want the attention.

As for the Full Size question,

Glock 21 here, under a one size larger than normal golf shirt or sweatshirt and off I go. I carry it in what amounts to be a sock, single layer nylon, stitched to fit snuggly, and keeps the trigger safe, That will go away when my new Cochise from K&D comes in. I wear it about 3:30 to 4:00. just behind the hip bone with a forward cant so the frame or grip points up and the base plate of the mag is vertically in line with the muzzle. I can play and run and jump with my two year old just fine, It stay's put.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

You most likely made him a 45ACP convert.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links