Travel Time again!

This is a discussion on Travel Time again! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This time I will be traveling to Orange Beach, Alabama. I will be traveling through Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama (and about 15 minutes through Memphis). I ...

Thread: Travel Time again!

Travel Time again!

This time I will be traveling to Orange Beach, Alabama. I will be traveling through Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama (and about 15 minutes through Memphis). I will be passing through AR, TN, and MS. I'll only be stopping for gas and food in these states. Carry is allowed in restaurants that serve alcohol, so long as they places like Applebee's (ie: no straight-up bars). If I'm pulled over, I will notify whether the state requires it or not, because it makes it easier to remember. I won't be going to any federal buildings (I hope), schools, or venues so those locations (even though off limits) are of no concern to me. With that said, any residents of those states know of any weird laws I may have missed; I checked out handgunlaw.us and the above mentioned states statutes, but you know how it goes. Any not so friendly cities, businesses (grocery stores or gas stations that are posted), don't need to spend my money in those crap-holes! I plan on stopping by Wintzell's (sp?) in Mobile for lunch/dinner, any other local favorites anyone can recommend? Thanks in advance for the heads-up.

2. Remove Ads

Orange Beach

Orange Beach is one of our favorite beach destinations. If you are going to be there for a while be sure to try Cosmos for some great food and there is a restaurant on the beach (I think the name is Sea & Suds) that is set off in the water and has a great sunset view. The only restrictions for carrying there was that if the beach is actually a State park you cannot carry there. If the beach is only a public beach or the beach at a hotel you are allowed to carry there. Orange Beach is a great place, have fun. For more places to eat ask the locals. These are some dives, that I have heard are pretty good.

VIP Member
    Stay out of local parks in Memphis. State parks are okay.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Thanks! Falcon1, I'll be in Memphis for 15 minutes only because the highway shifts to the east. No plans to stay there.

jdrink thanks for the heads up on the beach, although I won't be carrying then because I will be drinking, haha!

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    I traveled through TN on I40 from once I got into Nashville until West Memphis Arkansas, and never seen a sign at any of the stops we made but the only stops were Cracker Barrel and a Pilot or some off the wall Gas Station, McDonalds and a Burger King. Made 2 trips this year, 3 last.

Edit to add: Did not see any on the rest stops either.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

justherenow: Thanks for the heads-up, and I DEFINATELY will not be stopping at any rest stops!!!

Links