Carrying in three states?

This is a discussion on Carrying in three states? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Backnblack You can bring a gun to MD, Just keep it locked up with the ammo separated and you'll be fine. Only ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carrying in three states?

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    You can bring a gun to MD, Just keep it locked up with the ammo separated and you'll be fine.
    Only if my destination is to another state with reciprocity and only make emergency stops while in MD, then you'll be in accordance with the federal interstate transportation laws to have a gun in MD. But if you're destination is MD then you're not protected by the federal interstate transportation laws and you're in possecion of an illegal firearm.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    NY your out of luck, they do not recognize any out of state permits, and they do not issue non-resident permits. As for Ohio, get a non-resident permit from a state they honor and you'll be good to go. VA permits are honored in both PA and OH.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post

Nice smokers BBQ. I use a WSM.
    Thanks, the Brinkmann is a pretty good smoker, that is a stock photo, I have modified mine with a second thermometer and hardi board on the outside walls for insulation. Yet, I have turned to the dark side; these days I am a complete pellet head. I still keep the Brinkmann and a homemade smoker for nostalgia but really only use my Traegers; I have the 070 and 075, pellets make life too easy.

Peace
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

It could be worse, BBQ.... you could be one of these guys using electric.
    lololol

Thanks for the info guys.
    So I take it the easist way to be legal to carry in OH is to get a non-resident permit in FLA. I'll check into that route then. It still seems like a roundabout way though. Just sayin'.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dlclarkii View Post
    DO NOT GO TO NY, NJ, OR MD WITH A GUN! THEY DO NOT HONOR OUT OF STATE PERMITS, MATTER OF SPEAKING THEY ARE MAY ISSUE STATES, MEANING YOU AS A RESIDENT AREN'T GUARENTEED [sic] A PERMIT. YOU WILL LOOSE [sic] YOUR RIGHT TO CARRY ANYWHERE AS THE RESULT OF BRINGING A GUN TO ANY OF THESE STATES...
    I think if you CC into MD, losing your CPL will be the least of your problems.

Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    I was doing the quick scroll on that FLA PDF file and that thing looks brutal. PA's is a ten minute papperwork fill out and a pic. In and out in 15 minutes if there's no line. A couple weeks later you get it in the mail. I guess I was hoping for a similar permit issue in OH. I'm in NY a heck of a lot more than OH though... Maybe I'll just stay at home (lol).
    That's why a FL permit is recognized in OH and many other states and PA is not. Many other states have some kind of training requirement, and will only honor other states' permits if they have similar requirements. Since PA has no training requirement, such states don't recognize the PA LTCF.
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links