Does Outbac Steak House limit Concealed Carry in your state. - Page 2

Does Outbac Steak House limit Concealed Carry in your state.

This is a discussion on Does Outbac Steak House limit Concealed Carry in your state. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by imatt Even though (in NC) I cannot conceal carry into a place that serves alcohol, if they have a no gun sign ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does Outbac Steak House limit Concealed Carry in your state.

Quote Originally Posted by imatt View Post
    Even though (in NC) I cannot conceal carry into a place that serves alcohol, if they have a no gun sign I refuse to patronize their business at all.
    That's the thing to do. If they don't want business from CCW carriers, don't give it to them.. Besides, Outback has raised their prices, cut their portions and the quality of their food is mediocre at best. BTW Ohio is reviewing the restaurant restriction rule and with any luck it will be thrown out soon
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

My response would be to email the person back, and ask why you could eat, drink, and carry when you were in Florida.
    George H. Foster
    Orlando, Florida

I won't do business with any company that has a policy like that. The best way to show them they are being short sighted is to not give them any money and convince anyone you can to do the same.

Haven't had a problem carrying in VA at an Outback...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    I was in Oklahoma City last week on business and ate dinner one evening at an Outback. I did not see any signs and no one there saw my gun.
    Proud NRA member

I carry concealed so I have no problems. If I see a no gun sign they don't get my business till it's gone. I'm in Knoxville quite a bit . It looks like I won't be eating at Outback Steak House.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Not in Arkansas, not the ones I've been to anyway...
    I'll echo this response. Fort Smith and Fayetteville Outbacks are good to go.

Buckeye has it right from our perspective. I saw the thread and immediately thought "no, the alcohol does". If and went we get to carry in restaurants like Outback, I might reconsider my stance. As of right now though, god their steaks are good and the damned sauted mushrooms. Mmmmmmm.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

NRA Member / Ohio Conceal Carry Instructor
    CHL Holder

Quote Originally Posted by 19COLT11 View Post
    Dear Mr. Aurelio;

Thank you for your recent email concerning the newly passed gun law in the State of Tennessee. While we respect the right of all citizens to bear arms, it is our decision to not allow people to do so in our restaurants. This is a corporate decision. We are not disrespectful of the rights of gun owners, we merely want all of our guests to feel welcomed and safe, and frankly see no need for guns to be brought into restaurants.

Please feel free to call me if there are any additional concerns or questions.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Sincerely

Bruce Doucette
    Outback Steakhouse
    615-661-8555
    Email him back a link to this.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    Email him back a link to this.

Hoss
    Good idea. There are a few things I might put with it. If OP doesn't want to right the email, I will.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

NRA Member / Ohio Conceal Carry Instructor
    CHL Holder

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    Interestingly enough, the last time i went to Outback was because the Subway we intended to dine at had posted a gunbusters sign.

I do love their bread.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

To my knowledge no signs in Missouri Outbacks... Then again, I don't look too hard for signs on restaurants in Missouri either.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

RMS
    Haven't noticed any signs in Kentucky.

My Actions Relative to Mr. Ruberto

I sent an email to him, and got the same response that 19COLT11 got.

However, I went to Plan B, did some research, and found the Corporate Officers for Outback (and other eateries) at OSI Restaurant Partners, LLC.

See below

Mr. Avery and Mr. Allen:

I sent the following to Mr. Ruberto yesterday:
    __________________________________________________ __________________

It has come to the attention of members of Defensecarry.com - defensecarry Resources and Information. that you have indicated, based on an inquiry from Tennessee, that you do not permit concealed carry in your establishment.

Sir, I have lived in Florida and carried since 2000. I have eaten in your establishment. As far as I know, since 1987 no person with a concealed carry permit valid in Florida (from Florida or the other 32 states that permit concealed carry and have reciprocity with Florida) has shot up an Outback Steak House. There are no signs here (and would be invalid any way), and the only limitation is that you can not sit and drink at the bar. You can eat and drink in the dining area.

If this is your national rule, or just something dreamed up for Tennessee - given the gunfire in the streets issue that always seems to pop up when law-abiding people have the ability to carry concealed. Trust me, robbers would not pay any attention to your signs of NO GUNS ALLOWED.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

What follows is what appears to be a canned response. He indicates that it is some sort of corporate policy, which seems to be not true anywhere else in the country where you can take a concealed carry weapon into an eatery that also serves alcohol. I assume that you, since your headquarters is in Tampa, you have a better idea on the problem than he has in Nashville. As far as anybody has indicated on Defensecarry.com - defensecarry Resources and Information., this policy is not followed anywhere else.

Could you please look into this, and either confirm the policy, or enlighten Mr. Ruberto of the experience of other states that OSI Restaurant Partners LLC (Outback Steakhouse, Carrabha's, Bonefish Grill, Fleming's and Roy's), especially Florida.

Delivered-To: ghf@205003.208190
    To: "ghf@lrltd.net" <ghf@lrltd.net>
    Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 1814 -0400
    Subject: Outback Steakhouse
    Thread-Topic: Outback Steakhouse
    Thread-Index: AcooI5Ti8KDATRs6SQ2jpkrAI0Wmyg==
    Accept-Language: en-US
    X-MS-Has-Attach:
    X-MS-TNEF-Correlator:
    acceptlanguage: en-US
    X-Proofpoint-Virus-Version: vendor=nai engine=5.3.00 definitions=5722 signatures=550725
    X-Proofpoint-Spam-Details: rule=notspam policy=default score=0 spamscore=0 ipscore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=0 classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx engine=5.0.0-0907200000 definitions=main-0908270188

Dear Mr. Foster;

Thank you for your recent email concerning the newly passed gun law in the State of Tennessee. While we respect the right of all citizens to bear arms, it is our decision to not allow people to do so in our restaurants. This is a corporate decision. We are not disrespectful of the rights of gun owners, we merely want all of our guests to feel welcomed and safe, and frankly see no need for guns to be brought into restaurants.

Please feel free to call me if there are any additional concerns or questions.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Sincerely

Joe Ruberto

Outback Steakhouse

615-661-8555
    Mr. Allen (billallen@outback.com) is the Chief Executive Officer, and Mr. Avery (paulavery@outback.com) is the Chief Operating Officer.

I await their reply. If anybody else wants to contact them, be my guest....
    Last edited by GHFLRLTD; August 28th, 2009 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Fix email addresses
    George H. Foster
    Orlando, Florida

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GHFLRLTD View Post
    ...See below
    Outstanding!
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links