Does Outbac Steak House limit Concealed Carry in your state.

This is a discussion on Does Outbac Steak House limit Concealed Carry in your state. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by MadMac Outback was cool twenty years ago. Now, they're a goofy chain that saves money scrimping on the quality of the meat. ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Does Outbac Steak House limit Concealed Carry in your state.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    Outback was cool twenty years ago. Now, they're a goofy chain that saves money scrimping on the quality of the meat. The wait staff have that "Aussie" flair that reminds me of all those tacky TGI Friday's, Applebee's, Chili's, Ruby Tuesday's, etc.

Try Charlie's Steak House in Orlando or The Chop House for a celebration. Why sit at Outback with a bunch of screaming kids, lousy frozen food, and feckless teenage waiters?
    Thanks much! I'll definitely take a look at those.

2. Remove Ads

Arizona recently passed a similar law, but it doesn't take affect until the end of Sept from what I understand.

But, my wife and I don't eat at The Outback restaurant here. Texas Roadhouse and several others serve a far better meal, at a far better price, and with a far better atmosphere for her and I.

Now there's one more reason I won't eat there in the future.

;)

Daryl

""Try Charlie's Steak House in Orlando""

I second that ! What a great place for a steak.

I have been to Outback and aside from the fact that the waitstaff and the Chef(I use this term loosely) do not know the difference between a NY Strip and a Ribeye, the entire meal was not worth the gas to get there. Better name would be The Outhouse.

bosco

Quote Originally Posted by imatt View Post
    Even though (in NC) I cannot conceal carry into a place that serves alcohol, if they have a no gun sign I refuse to patronize their business at all.
    +1 My steaks at home are better anyway.
    Jess
    I'm an artist, and if you give me a tuba I'll bring something out of it.
    - John Lennon

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    No restriction in Nevada. We can even drink while carrying as long as we stay under a blood alcohol level of .1 . Signs carry no legal authority here, all they can do is ask you to leave. And if it's concealed, it's not going to be a problem.

Can't ban us in Utah. But if this is their response, I won't eat there again.
    ~Coriantan~

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." * "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

I just sent this e-mail:

Mr. Allen,

It has come to my attention that Outback restaurants in the state of Tennessee have chosen to disallow the legal carrying of firearms by background checked permit holders.

The reason that was given was "This is a corporate decision. We are not disrespectful of the rights of gun owners, we merely want all of our guests to feel welcomed and safe, and frankly see no need for guns to be brought into restaurants."

I find this to be VERY disrespectful of not only the rights of gun owners, but disrespectful of the 2nd amendment to the Constitution. Further, for "all of your guests to feel welcomed and safe," this policy needs to be changed. I do not feel welcome OR safe in a location that requires me to give up my ability to protect myself. Also, if a person is carrying in a concealed fashion, no other guest is aware and able to feel "unsafe."

As for there being "no need for guns to be brought into restaurants," I ask you to please look up information on the Luby's Massacre. Although this is the most serious case that directly challenges the previous statement, there are many other cases that can be found through media outlets.

Although I am currently living in Utah where your corporate policy holds little weight, I am writing to inform you that until this is rectified, I will not be eating at Outback or any other OSI restaurants.

Thank you for your time.

D..... G........
    ~Coriantan~

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." * "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

That I know of, ALL Outbacks have liquor licenses. That puts them off limits to carry in Ohio.

We'll see what happens when we get restaurant carry.

No problem (at least none that I know of) in God's Country.......... Colorado........

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSRQ View Post
    I live in FL too...can someone tell me why outback can't do this in FL? Also, is it only restaurants in FL that can't deny CC or all businesses?
    As I understand it, and I'm not a lawyer, it is because of how the laws for CC are written in Florida. No gun signs are not valid in this state. Which means that basically the only places that are off limits to us are government buildings, local, state, and federal, schools, airports (secure areas), and daycare facilities. A good book to read more about FL gun laws is Gutmacher's book.

Because of how the laws are written is why lots of people like being able to carry in FL, we are allowed to go pretty much anywhere while carrying.

As for eating at outback, the last time I ate there was a couple of years ago and both my wife and I got sick afterwards, haven't been back to one since. Too many other good places to eat in the local area.

Carry once a week in our Outback and have never seen or heard of a problem with it in the Gunshine state.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links