If they send your application back to you..

This is a discussion on If they send your application back to you.. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; TX DPS received my application 4/15/09.. I received it back approximately 45 days later because I only went back 4 years and 9 months regarding ...

Thread: If they send your application back to you..

If they send your application back to you..

TX DPS received my application 4/15/09.. I received it back approximately 45 days later because I only went back 4 years and 9 months regarding my residency. They ask for 5 years. I sent it back to them with correct/updated information within the next week.

So my question is, does my application get kicked to the back of line? As of 9/15/09, that's approximately 150 days and still, no CHL. I've been patient and really am not the type to check the status of my application every day. I've probably checked it 3-4x since they initially received it. Going on 5+ months though, i'm getting curious.

I figured I'd get some insight from you guys here, before I contact/email DPS. Thanks in advance DC.com!
    Kimber Pro-Carry II .45 w/ 230gr Remington Golden Sabers
    Ruger SP101 DAO .357 w/ 125gr Speer Gold Dots

"Try and fail is the manner of losers; try and learn is the way of the strong."

2. Remove Ads

When I had to send in more info it seemed like my application went to the back of the line,that was when it took about 60 days but It took me about 6 months by the time I received additional info request and retrieved the info and sent it,hopefully that won't be your case since it was an address issue and as long as it wasn't in another state or maybe town hopefully they will be ready to issue.when it comes to the application they don't mess around with being exact
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Well I have a feeling mine may take a while.. I lived in Austin till 18 y/o, moved to Houston and have lived here for ~4years with a brief (6 month) stint in Boston, MA for work related training.. Phew, but job(s) have been very consistent seeing as Ive only had 2 jobs since moving to Houston > Boston > Houston.

We shall see, Once I hit 5 months, I plan on sending an email to inquire..

go to texaschlfourm.com it will help you with some of your questions.
    just ask for help.

I would call TX DPS Dept. for that answer from a warm body as to where your application gets re-inserted into the system when returned with the updated info & it's current status.

I mailed my TX CHL app. on 4/29/09, received their letter 6 weeks later on 6/12/09 acknowledging they received it, that it's in the system being processed & noting my PIN for checking the applicaiton status on-line. I received my CHL last Wednesday, 8/19/09, 10 days short of 4 months, mail box-to-mail box.

I had no "hic-ups" in my application in terms of missing or incomplete items that needed to be re-submitted. Once my PIN was issued, the on-line status was simply a generic "Processing Application". Then on Friday, 8/14/09, I noticed the status changed to "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active". It was then post marked & mailed on Monday, 8/17/09 & received 2 days later.

I know all this is irrelevant to your situation, being apples & oranges, but it does give a time reference. Good luck & keep us posted when it does arrive.

VIP Member
    No, it does not go to the back of the line, it goes to whatever point it was at in the checks.

My wife got a letter about her app since she was born on Clarke AFB Philippines and actually had dual citizenship at one point, but of course gave up the Philippino one when she turned 18. Evidently the FBI had some questions about that and her parents had to retrieve some document from deep within the bowels of their hades of paperwork proving her citizenship. She got the CHL 4 weeks later.
    My mom had a problem with her submitted fingerprints (the FBI's card....I'm seeing a pattern here) and had to get some new ones . She was told that it does not start her process over again, it just picks up where it was halted.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Senior Member Array 2ndsupporter's Avatar
    I had to have my finger print redone and I called them 30 days later and they said my 60 days had to start over after they officially received it (whatever that means). Finally received the CHL 150 days after the initial summit!
    [One Nation Under God]

Mine has been in since April 22. At the 4 month mark I sent am email and have not received an answer yet. So we will see. I'm just hanging in there
    You can't go through life being afraid!!

Sig 229 .40, Taurus 605 .357, Keltec P32

Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    No, it does not go to the back of the line, it goes to whatever point it was at in the checks.

Yep. I believe. I got my pics kicked back to me because I forgot to sign one of the pics. Sent it back and still got mine under 90days. But that was couple yrs ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    That would make sense. I doubt with the possible backlog of permits that they would start the process completely over.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by KimBobTex View Post
    I would call TX DPS Dept. for that answer from a warm body
    Are we talking about the same TX DPS?

When my Wife's app got sent back for a signature it didn't delay her's any time, and that was last year when it was real crowded in the CHL inbox.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Thats good news.. I sent an email to inquire on an updated status and/or rough ETA for completion.. Now lets judt see how long it will take them to reply to my email.. Just trying to stay patient!

Links