Finally started to carry. First time last night!

This is a discussion on Finally started to carry. First time last night! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I finally got a good holster (from Fist and I love it) and carried for my first time last night. No WWW yet probably ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally started to carry. First time last night!

Thumbs up Finally started to carry. First time last night!

Well I finally got a good holster (from Fist and I love it) and carried for my first time last night. No WWW yet probably do that today but I think where I carried last night was a lot more nerve racking than WWW will be. I'm currently attending college at USU and they are pro carry as long as you follow all the Utah laws so I went for it.

Carrying in a classroom with 47 other people very close to you for 2 hours is a grea way to break yourself in. I have 4 people within a 5 ft radius the entire time. All in all it was uneventful which is how I like it. I'll try and get some WWW bingo done today.

2. Remove Ads

Congratulations are in order!
    The "spotlight" dims after a while and you lose the under-the-microscope feeling.
    What and where (on you) do you carry?

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

Quote Originally Posted by RemMod597 View Post
    Congratulations are in order!
    The "spotlight" dims after a while and you lose the under-the-microscope feeling.
    What and where (on you) do you carry?
    Its a Taurus 617 revolver. 357 mag but I chamber 38 spl Horandy critical defense when carrying. Its a little bit big and heavy (7 shot) but works until I can get a semi auto. Carry it at about 3 o' clock IWB.

Way to go! Soon, carrying will be as natural as putting your wallet into your pocket or just about anything we don't "think" about.

Example : Me, Co-worker and wife went to the shooting range recently. I carry out there in addition to the firearms we shoot, had a robbery/shooting by two less-than-humans and they are on trial. (See my other posts about it)

Afterwards we went to a recently opened Mexican restaurant to eat. Me and my co-worker have permits and just went inside, armed. It felt just natural to have the S&W tucked inside the waist band holster and I really didn't even think much of it.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

nice going, way to get the first time jitters outta the way..
    Look out WW here he comes.

After a few months it will feel as weird to be without your gun as it feels to be carrying now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustinmk4 View Post
    All in all it was uneventful which is how I like it.
    That's how the general public likes it, too.

Congrats on the non-event. Now, get back out there!

Soon, carrying will be as natural as putting your wallet into your pocket or just about anything we don't "think" about.
    Absolutely.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member

good job

carry on!
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    Carry deep in a firm holster and soon you will feel natural. Keep in mind that you are able to protect the innocent from thugs and feel good about it. Save money and attend one of Mas Ayoob's classes and you'll be in good shape.

It was kinda funny when I got my holster I was wearing it around the house unloaded to get used to it and had my wife watch close to see if I was showing at all. Lifted my shirt and showed her and got the "your dumb how is that even comfortable?" I said that I get comfort in knowing that I can keep my family safe. She just rolled her eyes and walked away. She has come a long way since I first started wanting to carry she is even starting to ask if I have it with me when she feels a little uneasy with the area and what not.

The hot summer hours and long classes may make your IWB carry uncomfortable and distracting to you. I have seen some people carry in a convenient accessible pocket of a book bag or a brief case. However, for those who are inclined to forget their pack/bag, don't even think about it.
    Live every day so that you can, with a clear conscience, look all men in their eyes and tell them to go to hell.

Nice to see you can carry on campus.

Quote Originally Posted by cwblanco View Post
    The hot summer hours and long classes may make your IWB carry uncomfortable and distracting to you. I have seen some people carry in a convenient accessible pocket of a book bag or a brief case. However, for those who are inclined to forget their pack/bag, don't even think about it.
    It hasnt been too bad and my classes are all night classes so that makes it nicer. I guess we'll see as time goes by. The backpack thing is probably a bad call for me as I could see myself forgetting it. I did think about that though and it is a good point, my pack has a "media" pocket right on the top thats all fleece lined and would make a great sleeping place for my baby.

Great job!!! And congrats

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Congrats, enjoy the nachos
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links