Problems with the neighbors... already! - Page 2

Problems with the neighbors... already!

This is a discussion on Problems with the neighbors... already! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by JimmyC4 Regarding "question of the day", don't rule out claymores and grenades .... i never leave home without them....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems with the neighbors... already!

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC4 View Post
    Regarding "question of the day", don't rule out claymores and grenades....
    i never leave home without them.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Having to deal with three cholos sitting on my car is not racist, it's reality. You did well. They respect those who stand up for themselves. If you act like a wimp, they will clean your clock, then steal your car.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldskoolfan View Post
    What does the fact these men were hispanic have to do with the situation? Unless you are trying to imply that we should think something of that fact. Please also tell me what the drug dependent stereotype is. And because some drunk guy was by your house, you assume he was pretending to be drunk and is planning on robbing you?

I would move.
    1. What does the fact these men were hispanic have to do with the situation?
      In NoVA is most definitely has to do with the situation. MS13 and other hispanic gangs are running rampant in some neighborhoods here... Some areas they may as well call little El Salvador.
    2. Please also tell me what the drug dependent stereotype is?
      Sheltered much? You can usually pick the obvious ones off from a mile out if you've spent any time around them.
    3. And because some drunk guy was by your house, you assume he was pretending to be drunk and is planning on robbing you?
      You can't tell the difference between a fake drunk and a real one?
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    If you were from No Va. you would understand.
    +1 I didn't see this until after I posted...

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by titleist View Post
    Oldskool,
    I'm not sure I explained myself well. I am not a racist in any light. I use my knowledge, gut feelings, and emperical evidence from years of living in Northern Virginia to come to my conclusions. I apologize if I came off that way, but if I were speaking to someone in N.VA they wouldn't be asking the same questions. I suppose I failed to consider my audience in my post and I apologize.
    And no I don't think every drunk guy is trying to rob me. I work with cops, my father has 30 years and going of LE experience, and I'm a criminal justice student. We call that behavior "hinky", and there are some things that you will just have to trust my instincts on, not because I'm paranoid, but because they are often difficult to articulate or prove.
    I actually heard the drunk guy ask my roommate "so do you drive that mustang out there?" (there is no mustang in the parking lot, never was) and she opened up by saying "no I drive a _____" and he was more than happy to take a look get her alone in the parking lot. Making me go outside and bring her in. She actually overheard the guy the next day in the grocery store telling a story about how he lied about his mode of transportation, job, etc. My roommate later told me that he was talking about how he used to "garage hop", checking open garage refrigerators for booze.

Drug stereotype... well, it's the kind of thing you see on "Cops". Poor complexion, blisters from scratching, cracked lips, rotten teeth, unusual speech patterns, pupil dilation, etc. Maybe she's just... unusual?

Can't move cuz I just signed a lease with no option of sublet.

So the question of the day.... Shotgun or carbine?
    Both?

-The Mist (2007)

Get out of the apartments. I had more altercations in one year living in my apartment than the rest of my life combined. General low lifes and losers dwell there.
    M&P 9 and 9c
    Ruger LCP
    Remington 810 20 gauge

Problems with the neighbors... already!

Am I glad I have no neighbors.
    Sorry you are having problems, move as soon as you can
    I hope all works out

Sorry to hear about your sticky situation.

Moving is out? How about the shotgun?

Honestly, a good shotgun is THE FINEST URBAN WEAPON AVAILABLE.

Or so we found out in Fallujah, Saqliweah, and Ramadi! =@}

Go with lead 7 1/2 shot. Enough to kill, but less likely to over-penetrate into neighbors' apartments.

Good luck.
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Donít mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

Wear a border patrol patch.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government".
    Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonk View Post
    Sorry to hear about your sticky situation.

Moving is out? How about the shotgun?

Honestly, a good shotgun is THE FINEST URBAN WEAPON AVAILABLE.

Or so we found out in Fallujah, Saqliweah, and Ramadi! =@}

Go with lead 7 1/2 shot. Enough to kill, but less likely to over-penetrate into neighbors' apartments.

Good luck.
    I heard that.... The sound of a shot gun getting racked will most definately get them to thinking twice

Oldskool,

...Can't move cuz I just signed a lease with no option of sublet...
    If things continue as they are I'd have no problem with just getting out. You'd lose your security deposit unless your landlord relented, but I'd feel better off safe than sorry. It's always good to "case" a place you're planning to move to several times before making it final. Drive/stop by at different times to see if it looks okay, etc. Good luck with a bad situation.

VIP Member
    Titleist - I'm sorry to hear of your situation, and truly understand, as I've been in the same situation (more than once).

You need to move - today would be best. The lease only means that you'll pay a penalty. Although it likely wont be cheap, it'll be cheaper than the hassle of shooting someone. It'll likely be cheaper than having your stuff stolen, and it will certainly be cheaper than you or your girlfriend getting hurt.

The odds of your situation improving if you stay is slim. Your home needs to be your refuge. Even if nothing bad happens and you choose to stay, that environment will grind you down, potentially affecting your work and relationships. Get outta there. I wish I could be there to offer to help move.

Senior Moderator
    Oldskool,
    I'm not sure I explained myself well. I am not a racist in any light. I use my knowledge, gut feelings, and emperical evidence from years of living in Northern Virginia to come to my conclusions. I apologize if I came off that way, but if I were speaking to someone in N.VA they wouldn't be asking the same questions. I suppose I failed to consider my audience in my post and I apologize.
    And no I don't think every drunk guy is trying to rob me. I work with cops, my father has 30 years and going of LE experience, and I'm a criminal justice student. We call that behavior "hinky", and there are some things that you will just have to trust my instincts on, not because I'm paranoid, but because they are often difficult to articulate or prove.
    I actually heard the drunk guy ask my roommate "so do you drive that mustang out there?" (there is no mustang in the parking lot, never was) and she opened up by saying "no I drive a _____" and he was more than happy to take a look get her alone in the parking lot. Making me go outside and bring her in. She actually overheard the guy the next day in the grocery store telling a story about how he lied about his mode of transportation, job, etc. My roommate later told me that he was talking about how he used to "garage hop", checking open garage refrigerators for booze.

Drug stereotype... well, it's the kind of thing you see on "Cops". Poor complexion, blisters from scratching, cracked lips, rotten teeth, unusual speech patterns, pupil dilation, etc. Maybe she's just... unusual?

It sounds as if you have some potentially big problems in your future, and I'm sure that you are aware of that.

A friend of mine moved into such a complex. I helped him move in and commented about the 'locals'. He also had some strange visitors out and about...and within two weeks of moving in, his place was broken in to while he and his wife were at work (kids in school). They took guns and jewelry...he was pissed.

He had a lease, but went directly to the management and demanded to get out of his lease for the safety of his family...they let him leave.
    I would complain about the obvious drug infested place, the people drinking in the carport and sitting on your car, etc. I would put it all in writing and have a letter to hand to the management when you inform them of 'how you fear for your safety'...make a paper trail.

The dirtbags 'floating' around your complex have all day to watch you and when you won't be around...you are headed for some p-r-o-b-l-e-m-s.

You have to attempt to break this lease NOW, not 3 months into it.
    Even if you lose some money in the process (and you probably won't)...you're going to lose some things anyway, "mark my words'...

I understand your frustrations...hope it all works out for the better.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    It sounds as if you have some potentially big problems in your future, and I'm sure that you are aware of that.

A friend of mine moved into such a complex. I helped him move in and commented about the 'locals'. He also had some strange visitors out and about...and within two weeks of moving in, his place was broken in to while he and his wife were at work (kids in school). They took guns and jewelry...he was pissed.

He had a lease, but went directly to the management and demanded to get out of his lease for the safety of his family...they let him leave.
    I would complain about the obvious drug infested place, the people drinking in the carport and sitting on your car, etc. I would put it all in writing and have a letter to hand to the management when you inform them of 'how you fear for your safety'...make a paper trail.

The dirtbags 'floating' around your complex have all day to watch you and when you won't be around...you are headed for some p-r-o-b-l-e-m-s.

You have to attempt to break this lease NOW, not 3 months into it.
    Even if you lose some money in the process (and you probably won't)...you're going to lose some things anyway, "mark my words'...

I understand your frustrations...hope it all works out for the better.
    Great advice! I would follow it and if you have any more problems in the meantime call the PD, and get them out there, even if it is just to take a report. The documentation will only help you get out of that lease and the sooner the better.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Oldskool,
    Allow me to explain.......

If you move to a neighborhood where most people rent , there is
    a convenience store on the corner , and the coolest car on the
    block is a '98 Toyota - you should EXPECT trouble.

Sucks to be you..........

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links