Wife says no to carry when with child!

• Do I Honor Her Wishes?

Votes: 27 4.9%
  • No, Protect Your Family And Carry

Votes: 520 95.1%

Wife is PISSED!!!!!!

14K views 180 replies 121 participants last post by  Hotbrass 
#1 ·
She found out that i was carrying the other day while out with her and my 3.5 year old daughter. My wife has asked me not to carry when out with my daughter.

She freaked out today when finding my EMPTY holster still on my pants.

Bottom line she thinks it's too dangerous to carry with the little one in tow and I feel I should be able to protect them if danger arises.

So what to do?
Honer her wishes?
Carry anyway?

#175 ·
She may be more pissed one day if you could not protect your child.
I'd carry anyway, she'll get over it & iam sure you have tried to explain right?

Iam glad that my wife understands, in fact she carries herself :yup:

Good luck :bier:

#176 ·
It's always important to honor your wife and come to some type of compromise in any situation, but I think in this situation, I would carry anyway. It's something that's just too important. Heh, I'm thinking about what I would do if this were my wife, and what I would say. I imagined walking back to our car in a dark parking lot and a big white van pulling up and two men jumping out and trying to grab the baby and/or wife. During the struggle the man says to his wife something like: "Still want to compromise?"

Dang it! There's too many people out there that actually believe we live in candy land...and they have no plan when someone comes after their daughter? Oh yeah, call someone else to deal with it and hope they come before your daughter is an hour away in the hands of evil.

#177 ·
I agree with the majority if the posts, ccw9mm, your response is perfect, and retsup99 is not to far behind,

I now leave you with food for thought from Uncle Ted,

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

WASHINGTON DID’NT USE HIS RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH TO DEFEAT THE BRITISH, HE SHOT THEM

#179 ·
My compromise with mine....

You leave and I'll be happy. It worked.

So no one gives me any @#$@#$ when I ride my 'new' motorcycle(s), or carry my guns. LOL. And no one has my check book and/or credit cards to use any longer either...... especially when they charge 2 steak dinners, and 1 of them wasn't you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.