Anybody with SC CWP and CC's in GA?

This is a discussion on Anybody with SC CWP and CC's in GA? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; SC and GA are states that refuse to reciprocate. For someone who lives near the state line, this is a PIA. Any recommendations on the ...

Thread: Anybody with SC CWP and CC's in GA?

VIP Member

Anybody with SC CWP and CC's in GA?

SC and GA are states that refuse to reciprocate. For someone who lives near the state line, this is a PIA. Any recommendations on the best way to be licensed for both states (for someone whose residence is in SC)?

Please accept my apologies if this has already been covered. I did search, but didn't come up w/anything on this.

Much thanks.

2. Remove Ads

I am waiting on my New Hampshire permit for that very reason... It's fairly simple paperwork and $20 fee for four years. I used the interactive maps at usacarry.com to check and the NH permit covered the three states that we don't have reciprocity with currently.
    "The way I figure it having a concealed gun is like wearing your seat belt. You hope that you never need it but, the one time you don't wear it and something happens you or your mourning family will be sorry you didn't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by avgeekjlb View Post
    I am waiting on my New Hampshire permit for that very reason... It's fairly simple paperwork and $20 fee for four years. I used the interactive maps at usacarry.com to check and the NH permit covered the three states that we don't have reciprocity with currently.
    NH as of July 1st is $100.00 for non-resident permit, but in your case probably worth it.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government".
    Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    SC and GA are states that refuse to reciprocate. For someone who lives near the state line, this is a PIA. Any recommendations on the best way to be licensed for both states (for someone whose residence is in SC)?

Please accept my apologies if this has already been covered. I did search, but didn't come up w/anything on this.

Much thanks.
    if you have SC apply for a Penn non resident permit its about 25 bucks.
    or a Florida non resident for about 112.00
    Ga honors non resident permits from those states

VIP Member
    Good info, and good sight (usacarry.com).

I'm on it. Thanks!

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post

Much thanks.
    FL non-res maybe?

I've got SC resident & FL non-resident so I'm covered either way.. :)
    "Deeds Not Words" - Motto of the USS Gettysburg
    NRA Life Member
    http://www.alioofficium.com/ (Personal Responsibility)

Does the Florida non-resident permit have a training requirement even if you have an SC CCW? A few CCW courses here advertise a "Florida Non-Resident CCW Course."

Hopefully my permit will be here sometime this month.
    I was planning on getting the NH non-res permit as it gives both Georgia and Alabama which I need.

Are there any others out there that gives both Georgia and Alabama which would be cheaper than NH?

MTee
    Springfield 1911 Mil-Spec SS .45
    Springfield XD Service 9mm
    Taurus Mil-Pro PT111 9mm
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    Does the Florida non-resident permit have a training requirement even if you have an SC CCW? A few CCW courses here advertise a "Florida Non-Resident CCW Course."

Training equirement YES.... But they should accept the same class you took for your SC CCW.

I got the NH before the price increase but when the time comes I'll renew. I needed Alabama too because of family on both sides of the GA / AL line. I really wish SC would get reciprocity with GA and AL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticman View Post
    ... I needed Alabama too because of family on both sides of the GA / AL line. I really wish SC would get reciprocity with GA and AL.
    Me too!
    I got family in both Alabama and Georgia.

MTee
    Springfield 1911 Mil-Spec SS .45
    Springfield XD Service 9mm
    Taurus Mil-Pro PT111 9mm
    NRA Member

Once my New Hampshire nears expiration, I'm considering a Utah permit. I get all the states of NH plus Delaware, Washington state and Minnesota.

The permit is less than NH's but ... you have to have certified training to get a permit, another $95 - $150 depending on where you have to go for the training. There are only 4 certified trainers in SC.
    Grassroots SC, SC CWP, NH NR-PRL

Links