What was your Embarrassment Moment , While CC?

This is a discussion on What was your Embarrassment Moment , While CC? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; in the old days pre thunderwear, pre IWB, etc etc etc being in a Smittys and feeling my chief break loose and start the slide ...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your Embarrassment Moment , While CC?

in the old days pre thunderwear, pre IWB, etc etc etc being in a Smittys and feeling my chief break loose and start the slide down my leg inside my pants, quickly making a grab for the lump before it exited my pantleg, with onlookers thinking "look, that poor man crapped his pants". A good save, but at what price hath pride?
    ps Smitty's= 1970's Walmart, ammo next to the produce! What a concept!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by 1980Maico440 View Post
    ...quickly making a grab for the lump before it exited my pantleg, with onlookers thinking "look, that poor man crapped his pants".

I was CC at home trying on an IWB holster with velcro hooks, and I started to do some quick draw dry fire practice. I made an awkward grab and heard a strange sound as I yanked my gun out... and looked dumbfounded at the gun I was pointing forward which still had the holster attached to it.

Mordified is more the word here. I have never carried 3 guns with me before and being I was going to the big city of crime (Charlotte) I decided to carry my 9 mm with me in the car holster. My 380 in my IWB and a little 25 auto. that I had purchased a few weeks ago in my purse. Well I was there for business and the night before we left we all went out to eat together and natually, because of not being able to carry in a restaurant that serves beer I had to leave them behind. I put my little 25 from my purse into the drawer beside the bed in the motel as to not have it laying out. My IWB went in the lock up in my car.

The next morning I get dressed and of course I put my IWB back on and start to pack. I took the 25 out and put it in a carry bag that I use for my most important things such as jewelry etc. Somehow in the packing that case was spilled out and I lost the 25 . Mind you the bag never actually hit the floor it must of just tipped over. I picked up all my bags, carried them to the car and put them in the rear of my van. Started home.

My cell phone rings and it is the nicest LEO asking me if I am missing anything.
    I said no, not to my knowledge but I wouldn't be hearing from you if I had everything I was suppose to. Immediately my hand goes to my holster on my hip and my eyes go to the 9 mm in the holster attached to my seat. I know for sure my 25 is safely tucked away in my bag so i'm wondering what in the world is going on. He informs me that my 25 was found in my room when the maid went to clean it. I can tell you I felt sick to my stomach with all the OMG what ifs that could have happened. It was so bad that as I finsihed my trip home I really just scolded myself and wondered if I could ever get over the feeling of 1. feeling stupid, 2. just being so mad with myself and 3. if I could ever carry again. It was a horrible feeling.

Well I was 6 hours away when I got the call and so I havn't gone back to pick it up. It is in safe keeping with the sheriff's department and it will cost me the cost of the gun to go back and get it. SOOO stupid!!

One thing of interest though. He ran the serial number of the gun and it did not show stolen LOL of that i'm so thankful, but on a serious note, the gun did not come back registered to me. So now i'm wondering just why it didn't since I bought it from a gun dealer. Since it was pretty new I figured the paper work had not caught up yet.

Also, when I gave the LEO my driver's license number it did not come up with my permit showing. I gave him my permit number and he said he assumed that my permit would have the same number as my DL as that is how it is done in NC. The LEO happens to be in SC as my motel was in SC not NC.

I vowed never to tell this story but maybe by telling it someone will double check when all the luggage is in the vehicle to make sure where their gun is. I have prided myself in being so very very careful with my weapons. I'm just sick over this.
    Last edited by grandma4; September 1st, 2009 at 04:52 PM. Reason: sp
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Some very interesting stories here. Havent had much happen in the way of embarrassment, but this is fun needless to say. Once an embarrassing moment happens to me, I'll be sure and post it!

Quote Originally Posted by grandma4 View Post
    I vowed never to tell this story [...] I have prided myself in being so very very careful with my weapons. I'm just sick over this.
    It sounds like you know how that lady felt from the movie Home Alone when she realized that she forgot one of her kids.

Quote Originally Posted by grandma4 View Post

Well I was 6 hours away when I got the call and so I havn't gone back to pick it up. It is in safe keeping with the sheriff's department and it will cost me the cost of the gun to go back and get it.
    Why? Gas because of the distance? Just asking to make sure they're not charging you for storage.,...

That would really stink,,.. I can only imagine what you was feeling,..

It was a bout 1:00 am on a weekend and I felt like a snack. I'm in my PJs and didn't feel like getting dressed. I grab some sweats and stick my 1911 in the waistband and walk the 100 yards to the McD's. I get to the counter and order.
    When I reached for my wallet, my gun falls out of my pant waist onto the counter.
    The cashier says are you here to rob me? I said NO, just an accident. I get my food and haul butt back to my apt. The whole night I'm waiting for the cops to come knocking on the door.

To this day I never carry a gun without proper clothing and a appropriate holster.

That was close to 20 yaers ago, and I remember it like it happened today.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Well actually I was on a business trip and I had other employees with me and we were almost home when I got the call. Actually the LEO that called me wants to buy the gun and so we are trying to work out how that can be done.
    So far I havn't seen any way to do that without me going back down there.

I will be talking to them about going this week to get it. Hopefully Friday.
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Quote Originally Posted by TerriLi View Post
    Trying out a shoulder holster with really random retention. It went from I couldn't get the weapon out some times, others....well. I was in a local CVS, and bending over to tie my shoe when clatter clatter, my Sig hits the floor. I quickly scramble and reholster right in front of the clerk, I quickly say "Sorry", and he give me a dumb look and says "For what". Some how he missed the whole thing that happened within two feet of him. Needless tosay I went to my car and cranked down on the adjustment screws of my holster to "Good luck getting me out today" level.
    Eh, you're in Florida. Maybe his "for what" comment was just that. He didn't care...no big deal. He might even carry as well.

Quote Originally Posted by larefugee View Post
    It sounds like you know how that lady felt from the movie Home Alone when she realized that she forgot one of her kids.

LOL yeah, except my kids would have called and said hey mama, come back, my gun didn't say a word :)

Luckily I have only had one. At my previous job, in the um "library" and when I was done I pulled up my shorts and they caught my Supertuck and out came the handgun. A gun hitting bathroom tile make a very distinct noise.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    The very first day of legal CC in Kansas, my first day of carry in public. I was at the check out line in Hastings picking up a copy of Animal Farm and 1984.

The young lady behind me was staring and I was printing noticably.

My Thunderwear holster had slipped.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

did ya' get a date?

Haven't had my turn yet, but I figure it's like laying down a motorcycle - not a question of if, but when.
    Last edited by nedrgr21; September 1st, 2009 at 11:11 PM.

I was in our local supermarket one evening. It was a quick run and I didn't take my Kimber, just my KelTec in a pocket holster...small black gun...small black holster.

I needed some change for the cashier. I was looking through my pockets when I pulled out my P-3AT and placed it on the black 'rolling counter for groceries' as I searched for change. It was a 'brain fart' moment. There were several customers behind me and the cashier in front of me.

I immediately realized what I had done and mumbled "Oh Feces!"...but I was looking up and past the cashier when I said it. The little black defensive package actually blended in to the counter and around my groceries. The cashier and the customer behind me both turned their heads towards the directions I was looking. I nonchalantly picked up the KelTec and put it back in my pocket. I immediately got this rush...but no one saw anything. The customer and the cashier both continued on with their 'ness.
    Couldn't believe I did that...'brain farts' can be real learning opportunities.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links