What was your Embarrassment Moment , While CC? - Page 3

What was your Embarrassment Moment , While CC?

This is a discussion on What was your Embarrassment Moment , While CC? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The only embarrassing moment I had was I was carrying an XD45 in a Blackhawk Serpa shoulder rig. The magazine holders didn't do a very ...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your Embarrassment Moment , While CC?

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    The only embarrassing moment I had was I was carrying an XD45 in a Blackhawk Serpa shoulder rig. The magazine holders didn't do a very good job at keeping the magazines in place as they lacked the flaps that leather rigs have. I was at a buffet and one of the magazines slipped out and fell to the floor. I realized what happened and I quickly picked it up and shoved it in my pocket. I think only one person saw what happened and just smiled and I smiled back. Right after I left the buffet place I went straight to a police supply store and purchased a Galco Miami Classic shoulder holster.

This happened after I had already been carrying for a couple years.

I will never use shoulder rigs that don't have retention flaps on the magazine carrier.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    When I reached for my wallet, my gun falls out of my pant waist onto the counter.
    I get this picture you are over eight feet tall. Do you play in the NBA?

These stories are awesome AND informative. Thanks for sharing. Looks like a lot of accidents happened when people were in a rush and not taking the time to properly conceal. The other 30% looks like it was caused from bad holsters. I will remember that next time I am in a rush or getting a new holster!

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    This wasn't really embarrassing, but it is the best I got. (Hey, I lead a sheltered life.)

I was hugging/kissing a young lady. As she put her arms around me, she felt my cell phone. Then she said, "What is that? A cell phone? What is this? Another cell phone?"

I was carrying my spare mag next to my cell phone. Lead to an interesting discussion.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Closest was at a burger joint with the family including both moms, neither of whom know that their son/daughter carry. I was carrying a Supertuck M&P40c when the magazine ejected and got caught in the tuck of my Hawaiin shirt. I casually excused myself and pretended to scratch my back while heading to the bathroom. My 5 yr old follows me in to the bathroom so I'm trying to get it put back while keeping an eye on him. Then the holster back clip comes loose and I have to drop trou to fix it, meanwhile the kid bolts the room.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

When trying check my pistol at the Bush International Airport in Houston with a rookie clerk who yells out in front of God and everybody "Hey, there is a man with a gun here. What am I supposed to do?"

Good Grief!
    Live every day so that you can, with a clear conscience, look all men in their eyes and tell them to go to hell.

See my accidental open carry at walmart thread.... Only one, SO FAR.

-Steve
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Only one "Oops Moment" for me. Hubby and I were out shopping for a pair of flip-flops(for him, not me) he finds a pair, goes to the check-out and finds out he had emptied his pockets of loose change. He asked me if I had .16. Being a good wife and knowing I had a pocket full, I reached in my back pocket and pulled out a bunch of change and 6 .357 hollowpoints.
    At least I remembered where I put my defense ammo while I cleaned my gun the day before, Duh
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    I get this picture you are over eight feet tall. Do you play in the NBA?
    I guess it was wheel chair accessible. Or in my case wheel gun accessible.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Was going on an ex-pat gig with my company to Tokyo for approximately 2 years. Still had a few months to go before actually going out, but wife was researching moving/shipping companies and had ordered up a few estimates. Guy from some company shows up at our Brooklyn loft on a Saturday afternoon. Looks around the apartment, takes some notes, asks some questions, then wants us to sit down so he can go over some things with us to make the estimate accurate.

I offer him a chair at our dining room table and he starts staring at this small stack of O'Reilly books (popular technical books for the IT crowd) I've got on the table right next to us. I look at the books wondering why he's staring, can't figure it out. He says, "Oh, are you a cop?".

"Huh? No, I'm a software developer. These are technical books."

Guy gives me VERY strange look (remember, this is Brooklyn - a borough of NYC). I look at books again - can't figure out what the hell he is thinking. I'm staring at paperwork now trying to get this guy to snap out of his trance and get on with this questionnaire - but he seems almost frozen in place.

Wife yells out, "Honey - he's uncomfortable. Take the gun out of his face please!"

Huh?

Sitting right there on top of my stack of three books, is a Glock 23 in a Desantis IWB and the muzzle is pointed right at this guy. I swear I looked at that stack of books at least half a dozen times in the previous 10 to 20 seconds while I tried to figure out what was wrong with this idiot .... it was like the gun was invisible. Apologized profusely and explained that I'm just a recreational shooter.

Guy snaps out of his trance, we go about our business - everything seems fairly pleasant. We even talk about the fact that his company will not ship firearms and I explain that they aren't legal in Japan anyway and I will be storing them until I return. He leaves, I get a call 30 minutes later from his manager. Guess he must've told the story at the water cooler and his manager wanted to explain to me again that they will NOT ship my firearms.

VERY embarrassing.
    Billy
    Fusion Tact-5 in a Pure Kustom Black-Ops Pro
    Glock 23 in a Barber Leatherworks IWB

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Oh, oh, oh. I forgot about this one. I wasn't CCing but it was darn embarrassing.

I just peppered sprayed my shower door installer

So the shower door installer arrives. When he rang the doorbell, I noticed that there was a package delivered from UPS. As he is bringing in the door and his tools, I am opening up the package.

Inside the box is my order of pepper spray from Spitefire. I pulled out one of the packages, open it up and examine it. I am talking with the installer, now in my bathroom, and "playing" with the canister. I push the button and nothing happens. Then I remember that you have to push the button and push forward, so I do that. Then the canister fires. I actually hit the shower door which was good because that was between the nozzle and his face. The spray fills the air and we both have to clear out of the room because we are gagging and can't breath.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    ExactlyMyPoint, look on the bright side. I once had a very old, and been sitting in a car, can of OC foam spray burst in my door pocket of parents car when I was in highschool. Some how I pulled over to the side and parked completely blind. After that no more OLD OC cans left in the car. Ever since I know OC sucks, especially in an inclosed space.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

I hope it's alright if I post in this thread, I'm not old enough to get a permit yet but Id still like to share an embarrassing moment.

In January I was with my parents at a gun show, I picked up a 1911 chambered in .38 super and it was the first time Iv ever held a handgun. I asked the dealer if I could pull the slide back and such he basically said sure do whatever you want just don't break it then he walked away to deal with a serious buyer because I told him I was only looking today... I fiddled with it a bit (obeying all the rules of safety of course, pointed down and such) I finally decided to pull the slide back, well it was harder than I thought it would be... I was trying to pull it back gently and suddenly WHOOSH it flew back and slammed forward.. I felt like I must have jumped 3 feet in the air but I didn't move.. just sat there for a second staring at my accomplishment .. I looked around real quick because it sounded extremely loud and I was sure everyone was looking at me but there wasn't a single turned head. I put the weapon down and walked away feeling the most embarrassed Iv ever felt in my life but I still couldn't wipe the off my face no matter how hard I tried... I can't wait until I can have my own...

Both my parents said I didn't even flinch pulling the slide back but as I said I seriously felt like I had just jumped 3 feet in the air.

Emabrssing

I got "kilt checked" by a drunk lady with no teeth. Fortunately I caught on pretty quick and was able to get my hand over my Smartcarry.

For those who ask the question as to what underneath the kilt, they are sometime disappointed when they find out theres undergarments on. But what they dont know is that a .45 can rub a serious sore on "stuff".

Alex!

Well, it's not too embarrassing, but it was interesting at the time.

When I first got my permit I went straight to the gun store to pick out my first carry gun. I got a Bersa .380 and I was DANG proud of it. Until a guy leaned over and told me "Aw, that's cute"... Cute? No guy had ever told me any of my guns were "cute" before, so I was a little deflated. So I called my mom to tell her the good news.

Me: "Hey mom, I got my permit and a new gun!"
    Mom: "Oh that's great, I remember when I got mine!"
    Me: "You have a permit? What do you carry?"
    Mom: "Yes, all I have is a .357 mag now, I carried a .44 mag for years but I can't shoot that one as good as I used to."
    Me: "Wow, I never knew."
    Mom: "So what did you get?"
    Me: "A Bersa .380, it's silver with wood grips"
    Mom: "Sounds like a cute gun!"

I later found out that my dad packed a .357mag for years too that I never knew about. I guess it just didn't come up in conversation. Now that I look at the Bersa, it is kind of cute... In a hard-core kind of way.
    Eat a moose... 50,000 wolves can't be wrong.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links