How often do you make other CCWers?

This is a discussion on How often do you make other CCWers? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I often see LEOs in my work environment that are carrying concealed. I've only ever been able to tell a few times. Of course, I ...

View Poll Results: How often do you make another CCWer?

Voters
233. You may not vote on this poll
  • I've never made another CCWer

91 39.06%
  • About once per week

20 8.58%
  • About once per month

56 24.03%
  • About once per year

47 20.17%
  • Every once in a few years

19 8.15%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How often do you make other CCWers?

I often see LEOs in my work environment that are carrying concealed. I've only ever been able to tell a few times. Of course, I know who they are anyway . . .

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Once in awhile

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ImChad View Post
    Round my part of America, we have a different name for a fanny pack that i won't say here, for respect for our other members. However, I will say observing another mans fanny pack here, probably would get you a smiling nod regardless of contents.
    I called one that and Betty was all over my case; could tell she was never a Marine.

I've never spotted anyone carrying concealed before. I have tried, but havn't seen anyone that I thought was carrying. Either I am not not looking hard enough or there isn't enough people around here carrying.

Properly carried, you'll NEVER make a CWP holder.

I don't know... once or twice maybe? I didn't vote. Just too rare to spot one.

In all honesty, I pretty much go about my life and don't waste a lot of time trying to find someones concealed gun!

I keep my SA up and look for "behavior" traits, and things out of the ordinary, not staring at everyone's clothes trying to find a hidden gun.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I assume anyone carrying a "man purse" or wearing a fanny pack is carrying......but I can't remember ever actually seeing someone's weapon.

That's the way it should be, too.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Here it was a give me. I was at cablellas earlier today as we stood up from eating lunch (Who knew they had a restaurant in the store) couple sitting in next booth. CC 3.00 position.

Don't look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I don't know... once or twice maybe? I didn't vote. Just too rare to spot one.

In all honesty, I pretty much go about my life and don't waste a lot of time trying to find someones concealed gun!

I keep my SA up and look for "behavior" traits, and things out of the ordinary, not staring at everyone's clothes trying to find a hidden gun.
    I'm not looking for good ol regular ccw holding American. I'm cautious of the environment around me at all times. Spotting someone with a firearm could be useful in protecting yourself at all times.
    They can't take your right to own a firearm. They can ask with force and you can answer any way you choose.

I have gotten better and better at it the older I get. I can honestly say that I make another CC'er about once a week or so on average.

Some make it easier than others. The "photog's" vest AKA the "shoot me first" vest that some guys think they are slick for wearing is almost always a sure sign. Others just don't do a great job of dressing around the gun. But if you pay attention, it isn't hard to spot someone carrying.

And here's something for you to think about. I have seen guys I know are carrying, who are completely in condition white because they think they are doing a good job of concealing. Just because your gun is concealed, doesn't mean that no one can tell you are armed and it doesn't mean you should be at any lesser level of situational awareness than someone who open carries most of the time like me. The thin layer of fabric of your cover garment isn't any real protection against a gun grab.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Starting to watch

I've noticed more untucked cover shirts lately.

This seems a good place to ask something I've been wondering about ankle holsters: How good are they at staying concealed? I know that my pants tend to rise and expose my socks when I sit, and I know other peoples do too, because I always chuckle at the guys whose dress socks leave a gap of mayo white ankle exposed below their dress pants.

I'm not inclined toward ankle carry because it seems like it would put the gun pretty far away if you need it. But I'm wondering what others think about it's usability vs concealability?

Can't say I've ever seen one in real life, just once on The Sopranos where it seemed like it would be hard to get to.

I've been trying my hardest to find someone carrying. I live in PA which has a large number of CCLs. Either they are doing a good job concealing or I'm not very good at it. I'm beginning to think I'm the only one in my state who carries.

Open large printed shirts with arms held a certain way when moving and/or fanny packs with a 'leather pull tab' perhaps might identify a CCW'er, but I can't say I've ever directly seen another gun.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The only one I ever saw was wearing a tan IDPA-type vest over a bright, striped polo shirt and was printing like mad.
    I pointed him out to my wife and she said she'd never have noticed anything except the fashion felony.
    John
    Cape Canaveral

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links