How often do you make other CCWers?

This is a discussion on How often do you make other CCWers? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Very rarely. I had to think hard before I could come up with any instances. If I know they are carrying I can spot it, ...

View Poll Results: How often do you make another CCWer?

Voters
233. You may not vote on this poll
  • I've never made another CCWer

91 39.06%
  • About once per week

20 8.58%
  • About once per month

56 24.03%
  • About once per year

47 20.17%
  • Every once in a few years

19 8.15%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How often do you make other CCWers?

Very rarely. I had to think hard before I could come up with any instances. If I know they are carrying I can spot it, but with the general population walking around, it is very rare.

2. Remove Ads

It is funny to see some guy with a tucked in shirt and one side of his pants is 2" lower than the other and the gun prints. I keep my mouth shut.
    Keep your powder dry

I never even think about it when I am out.
    JimH
    Kentucky
    S&W 442, Bersa 380, S&W 9mm M&P, Springfield XD40c
    Member: NRA, USCCA

I know a few but never have spotted anyone in public myself.

Only once...

One time, at a friend's yard sale. A family got out of their van and proceeded to browse through the stuff. I noticed the husband/male figure of the clan had something clipped to his belt on his right hip. Upon closer inspection, I noticed it was a pistol in and iwb holster and his sweatshirt was all bunched up behind it. I watched him for a while and when he got a little closer, I asked him if he was, perchance, a KS CHL holder. He replied that he was, and that he thought everyone should. I told him that I agreed, and jokingly told him that most people would make sure their weapons were concealed. He looked puzzled for a moment and I motioned towards his sidearm....which he quickly covered up, and thanked me as he left.

Only time I've ever noticed anyone carrying.
    Be Safe,
    Chuck

Is this what people are referring to when they say a "shoot me first" vest?

Double wammy for me then because I have two of them. One for actual photography (because it is just so much more comfortable to carrying 5 SLR lenses, filters, hoods, batteries, flash, etc... in a vest like that than in a big 'ole camera bag or backpack).

My other one I take fishing with me every time because I like to hike back to a couple of my fishing holes and having my gear on me in my vest instead of trying to hold multiple poles AND a tackle box while pushing through chest high brush is just much easier.

hehe... I never knew. "Shoot the fisherman first... he has kastmasters lures!" "Shoot the photographer... he will blind us with his strobing flash!"

Who knew fishing and photography were such dangerous hobbies to have?

Quote Originally Posted by Brock View Post
    Is this what people are referring to when they say a "shoot me first" vest?

Double wammy for me then because I have two of them. One for actual photography (because it is just so much more comfortable to carrying 5 SLR lenses, filters, hoods, batteries, flash, etc... in a vest like that than in a big 'ole camera bag or backpack).

My other one I take fishing with me every time because I like to hike back to a couple of my fishing holes and having my gear on me in my vest instead of trying to hold multiple poles AND a tackle box while pushing through chest high brush is just much easier.

hehe... I never knew. "Shoot the fisherman first... he has kastmasters lures!" "Shoot the photographer... he will blind us with his strobing flash!"

Who knew fishing and photography were such dangerous hobbies to have?
    Yup. That's a "shoot me first" vest. I must confess I have one too. Damned handy thing to have when fishing, hiking etc.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Black fanny packs are a dead give away. I've spotted a number of them. In fact, today I was in front of a guy in a check out line at Walmart who was carrying in a fanny pack that appeared to be identical to one I have. I dropped my eyes to his pack and then nodded and smiled at him. He knew full well I had made him and he nodded and smiled in aknowledgement. The unspoken communication between the two of us was unmistakeable.
    I disagree with the fannypack = gun idea. I have carried a fannypack for 20 years. I have been carrying a gun for about 1 year. Most of my male friends carried packs when I was younger and no body carried a gun.

Fanny packs are a give away to me IF they are one of the gun toting type and I know them cause I have tried just about every damned one of them. Got a big box full of them in the garage.

Best one yet (for me) is the Kbar

PACK-115 - Ka-Bar TDI Law Enforcement Fanny Pack Black Nylon Adjustable From 32" to 45"

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Do to the fact that my dad CC since I was little and he kinda made it a game to spot where he was carrying I tend to spot a lot. Most of the time its not 100% certainty, but more like 80%. Until the gun is showing Im not 100%, because to many people now carry those cellphone holster deals.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    I make several CCers ever Sunday morning. ; )

I disagree with the fannypack = gun idea. I have carried a fannypack for 20 years. I have been carrying a gun for about 1 year. Most of my male friends carried packs when I was younger and no body carried a gun.
    Regarding the fanny packs...the reason they worked 20+ years ago is that they were pretty common--lots of people wore them. Today, few wear them so they stand out more.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Quote Originally Posted by PastorPack View Post
    I make several CCers ever Sunday morning. ; )

Regarding the fanny packs...the reason they worked 20+ years ago is that they were pretty common--lots of people wore them. Today, few wear them so they stand out more.
    Those black ones with the visible pull tabs are unmistakeable.

I'm never concerned about it, never look for it, and don't care.

I've spotted a couple of fanny pack wearers. I KNOW someone spotted me once walking my dogs once around a popular county lake trail . I was wearing my Galco IWB but he gave me such a weird look ... must have printed.

I saw one today at the hardware store. He was wearing one of those photographers' vests. Dead giveaway. I eyed him over and noticed the bottom of an OWB at the 4:00 position. He saw me look and nervously pulled down on his vest. Wearing a vest like that in 80 degree heat? Even more out of place.

I take it he doesn't carry often as he looked kind of nervous and IMHO wasn't comfortable with carrying. Looked to not have a proper belt or holster which of course doesn't help any. I was tempted to ask him a question but I didn't want to "out" him, or on the other hand cause him to faint. LOL.

I went with once a month, but only because of the options. I make out more than say 6 - 10 a year, but not really once every month. Plus, given where I tend to shop, I'm guessing people are more likely armed and Cc permit carriers.

For example, I don't go to bars much (a no no MI permit issue). I do check out ammo at Wal-Mart about once every two weeks, or Bass-Pro gun counter every two months, and it sort of gives you a clue to look at others.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links