How often do you make other CCWers?

This is a discussion on How often do you make other CCWers? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There was no "Once a day" option. I don't see them here often except for a few off duty LEOs in my class. However when ...

View Poll Results: How often do you make another CCWer?

Voters
233. You may not vote on this poll
  • I've never made another CCWer

91 39.06%
  • About once per week

20 8.58%
  • About once per month

56 24.03%
  • About once per year

47 20.17%
  • Every once in a few years

19 8.15%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How often do you make other CCWers?

There was no "Once a day" option. I don't see them here often except for a few off duty LEOs in my class. However when I am on vacation I see them at least once a day. I attribute it to my high situational awareness. I have not below Condition Yellow in 13 years. Condition white is unknown to me, even when I sleep. I tend to notice threats and everything around me. My friends and family are amazed at how much I see when they see nothing. LOL I guess it comes with being a sheepdog.

2. Remove Ads

I chose "once a month" because I never get out much more then that. In the Pacific NW I don't think Fanny Packs and Vest indicate some one packing. We hasve many other reasons to wear them, especially in the summer.

I wear a vest all the time, but I also happen to carry all the time when out and about. I don't wear the vest to hide the gun, it is to carry extra things (Knives, flashlights, mail, wallet, checkbook, pens, paper, maps, etc). If I didn't carry a gun I would still wear a vest.

I have a vest for Photography, one for fishing, one for carpentry, one for farming, one for hunting. Sometimes I don't wear a shirt under it, such as in the summer.

I sometimes to carry my camera and lense in a fanny pack or a Man purse.
    My gun is always on my hip, and my BUG is in a pocket of the vest.

I just keep in mind that anyone can
    be carrying at anytime

Quote Originally Posted by Oldskoolfan View Post
    There was no "Once a day" option. I don't see them here often except for a few off duty LEOs in my class. However when I am on vacation I see them at least once a day. I attribute it to my high situational awareness. I have not below Condition Yellow in 13 years. Condition white is unknown to me, even when I sleep. I tend to notice threats and everything around me. My friends and family are amazed at how much I see when they see nothing. LOL I guess it comes with being a sheepdog.
    I think you are spending a little too much time with the flock Mr. sheepdog.

Approx 5 a year; non-work related.
    God, country, family.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    I think you are spending a little too much time with the flock Mr. sheepdog.
    What do you mean?

Why does it matter to you who carries? unreal!Seems like something a woman would do.

Quote Originally Posted by ECHOONE View Post
    Why does it matter to you who carries? unreal!Seems like something a woman would do.
    Well, you joined a forum of folks who carry concealed. Obviously it matters to you.

Checking for other folks who carry concealed can:
    A. Help you realize that it is really hard for others to see that you, yourself are carrying concealed.
    B. Maybe learn how NOT to conceal if you can spot others easily or doing it wrong.
    C. Develop awareness in a general sense of checking specific things from time to time which you should be doing to develop your situational awareness.

And I don't particularly appreciate you making fun of me, and the women on the board probably don't appreciate you making fun of them either.

Quote Originally Posted by ECHOONE View Post
    What do women do, what about the women who have taken the poll?

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    I put that I never see them, but I do recall seeing one one time -- he was a student in my class, and a deputy sheriff, and I noticed he had a revolver stuffed in his jeans pocket (he was NOT in uniform, was off duty) but I noticed it right away. I told him I was glad to have him in class!

Other than that, I don't recall ever spotting anyone that I was SURE about. What is the big deal, anyway? Unless someone pulls it out and starts threatening people, its none of my business. It's a right, and I am glad folks are exercising it.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Doc View Post
    Other than that, I don't recall ever spotting anyone that I was SURE about. What is the big deal, anyway? Unless someone pulls it out and starts threatening people, its none of my business. It's a right, and I am glad folks are exercising it.
    It's not a big deal. It's just a question I posed because I was curious.

I'm new to CC and since I started out on this journey I have from time to time thought about checking other folks while out and about to see if I could spot a person carrying. And to this day I haven't.

I have come to the conclusion that it is just really hard to tell if someone is concealing if they are doing it properly and that has given me a lot more peace of mind while carrying myself. Rather than worrying about whether someone can see that I'm carrying a gun, I can do the right thing and be more aware of what's going on around me.

So the motivation for me looking and for asking the original question comes from me wanting to be a better and more responsible CC'er. Not because I think someone I spot is a threat. I agree with you! I'm glad more people are exercising their right to carry and hope that trend continues. I think it will make us all safer the more popular it becomes.

Every time I see a camera vest, or a big black fannie pack.

Last guy I made was at a busy Starbucks coffee shop having a business meeting. Nicely dressed, slacks, dress shirt and shoes. When he crossed his legs under the table you could clearly see a leather ankle rig. We were outside on a patio and the furniture was patio type.

He noticed that I noticed and readjusted his pants and seating position.

I just smiled and nodded and continued with my own business meeting. Not a big deal at all.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Black fanny packs are a dead give away. I've spotted a number of them. In fact, today I was in front of a guy in a check out line at Walmart who was carrying in a fanny pack that appeared to be identical to one I have. I dropped my eyes to his pack and then nodded and smiled at him. He knew full well I had made him and he nodded and smiled in aknowledgement. The unspoken communication between the two of us was unmistakeable.
    Ditto on the fanny packs..Another one is, the constant weapon check with the hands.
    "Train Hard & Train Often"

I have seen 2 in last six months both were adjusting cloths after getting out of car. Seen those I suspected of carrying but can not say for sure. Really try not to print and so does my wife. Went to smaller gun even if less power to avoid printing someday will learn to carry in a better way.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links