How often do you make other CCWers?

This is a discussion on How often do you make other CCWers? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been trying to spot other CCWers ever since I bought my first handgun early this year. And to date, I've not spotted a single ...

View Poll Results: How often do you make another CCWer?

Voters
233. You may not vote on this poll
  • I've never made another CCWer

91 39.06%
  • About once per week

20 8.58%
  • About once per month

56 24.03%
  • About once per year

47 20.17%
  • Every once in a few years

19 8.15%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How often do you make other CCWers?

I've been trying to spot other CCWers ever since I bought my first handgun early this year. And to date, I've not spotted a single one. I've seen a few bulges that were more than likely cell phones in a belt holster.

And I saw one person OC'ing that turned out to be a LEO in plain clothes at the Home Depot (the next thing I saw was the badge next to the gun.)

So do you often see other folks with a CCW out and about in the normal places (not at the range and gun shops, for instance.)

I seldom see any. I chalk it up to the folks doing a good job of stayin concealed.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I've only seen a handfull of OC'ers. I've seen guns on people I know that carry, and at work, but only seen one person on the street (actually a convenience store clerk) "concealing".

If concealed properly, one should NEVER get made,..

To answer your question, now and then I'll spot someone I don't know that I feel is carrying,.. But when it is cover,.... Do we really know?

If you hang around the WalMart sporting goods section, you'll see some.

BTW: I don't "hang" around WM's . I'm usually waiting for help to come to the counter so I may inquire about ammo.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

No one would ever know I carry unless they actually put their hand on my gun. I wear an IWB holster and wear it about 4 oclock. Well out of sight with my jackets that I wear. I assume that people I meet are carrying, either legally or illegally. Makes me more observant with SA.
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Black fanny packs are a dead give away. I've spotted a number of them. In fact, today I was in front of a guy in a check out line at Walmart who was carrying in a fanny pack that appeared to be identical to one I have. I dropped my eyes to his pack and then nodded and smiled at him. He knew full well I had made him and he nodded and smiled in aknowledgement. The unspoken communication between the two of us was unmistakeable.

What I typically notice is an IWB carrier that has their shirt tucked in. Sort of leaves a Quasimoto hump on their hip with clips/loops that don't have any obvious use.

And while I don't know for SURE, I assume anyone that isn't holding a camera that is wearing a photo vest is holding a gun.

Roughly about once a month. Usually by way of the person wearing a "shoot-me-first" vest, or fanny pack.
    Sui juris
    U.S. Navy Veteran '65-'69
    Retired Police Detective '71 - '01
    LEOSA Certified
    NRA Life Member / SAF Member
    U.S. Constitution (c) 1791, All Rights Reserved.

I spot people about once a month. I made a guy the other day who showed just about every sign of someone who was carrying in public for the first time.

He was wearing a long sleeve black shirt in 90 degree weather, walking stiff with an uneven pace, and looking nervous as a cat! I just wanted to tell him to take a breath!
    Eat a moose... 50,000 wolves can't be wrong.

I had to go dig through an email to find this, but as funny as it is, it's true.

My brother sent it to me jokingly, but I've spotted a few people that are either impaired, or carrying. A while back at a gas station I told my wife "That guy is carrying to large of a gun for being so little" She said something to the effect about gun blind blah blah blah. As we leave, and start to buckle he comes, gets in the truck next to us and before sitting down pulls a 1911 out and slides it in a door pocket.

I don't care who you are, if someone knows what to look for, you can't be unnoticed at all times. unless you're this guy.

Obese Texas inmate hides gun in his flabs of fat - Yahoo! News
    They can't take your right to own a firearm. They can ask with force and you can answer any way you choose.

Are you sure that LEO you spotted wasnt just a civillian with a Concealed Carry Badge? Had to ask...

I spot people who walk funny first then I usually spot their firearm. If someone is over dressed (too much loose clothing) thats a dead give away. I am not 100% sure they are carrying, some may not be. Its just fun to spot the ones for sure!! Expect that everyone has a gun, knife, baseball bat, small nucular device, etc. on their person.

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    I've made 2 or 3 so far...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Black fanny packs are a dead give away. I've spotted a number of them. In fact, today I was in front of a guy in a check out line at Walmart who was carrying in a fanny pack that appeared to be identical to one I have. I dropped my eyes to his pack and then nodded and smiled at him. He knew full well I had made him and he nodded and smiled in aknowledgement. The unspoken communication between the two of us was unmistakeable.
    Round my part of America, we have a different name for a fanny pack that i won't say here, for respect for our other members. However, I will say observing another mans fanny pack here, probably would get you a smiling nod regardless of contents.
    They can't take your right to own a firearm. They can ask with force and you can answer any way you choose.

I've been carrying since July and have only been able to make one person that I'm really confident of. He was at WalMart with his family. What caught my eye first was the way his shirt was sort of snagged on something on his belt line. Looked closer and figured it was just a cell phone. Then took another look and it was riding way too high to just be a phone or PDA. That in addition to the rest of his look and demeanor make me pretty sure he was carrying.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links