Contemplating CWP, but have questions.

This is a discussion on Contemplating CWP, but have questions. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Mr Arithmatech, You can order the Center of Mass car safe with a cable that locks around your seat frame that's in turn bolted to ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Contemplating CWP, but have questions.

Mr Arithmatech,

You can order the Center of Mass car safe with a cable that locks around your seat frame that's in turn bolted to the car. Certainly, it's not as safe as one you bolt directly into the floorboards, but it makes it portable and I find it works very well. There's even enough slack so I can put the safe on my lap while I put the gun in, then I simply slide it back under my seat.

Google the company. I have been very pleased.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Arithmatech View Post
    I appreciate all the responses so far. The more information the better. But, the law is readily available for my review and I'm sure I'll be going over it in detail with an instructor before I get a CWP. My original question was geared more towards what an experienced carrier does on a daily basis, assuming they adhere to law, with regards to routines for disarming and rearming. I'm not sure how much attention I want to draw to myself inadvertently flashing a handgun in a parking lot a couple times a day. Where do you put it? How do you put it there? What did you do in the beginning that you changed and do differently now? etc..

But, I still appreciate everyone's input and generosity so far.

Arithmatech

Something you will only really appreciate after you've carried a while is that most people are totally oblivious to what you are doing as long as you do it in a non suspicious manor. If you approach you car in a nonchalant way, scan your area for people too close and when clear, calmly and in a practiced way remove your gun and place it in the console or lay it on the passenger seat and then sit down and close the door, they see nothing.

I do the same thing when rearming too. Come back to the car, open the door, and replace the gun in the holster. Adjust the cover garments like most people adjust their clothes as they get in a vehicle.

Now if you are playing Mr. Bobble Head and scanning like a tweaker then you draw attention.

As long as you don't poke em, they will continue to graze....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links