Dumb question re: Kansas CCh

This is a discussion on Dumb question re: Kansas CCh within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I submitted my application exactly 2 weeks ago today. Im told it takes between 45 and 90 days in Kansas to receive the CCH or ...

Thread: Dumb question re: Kansas CCh

I submitted my application exactly 2 weeks ago today. Im told it takes between 45 and 90 days in Kansas to receive the CCH or a denial letter. The worst thing on my record is 3 speeding tickets (2 when I was 17, 2 weeks apart) so I do not anticipate any issues. My question is, is it 45 - 90 calendar days or business days? I didn't see that printed anywhere in the application or on the AG web site. My guess is it is business days but I dont know. I know it's irrelevant, I just want to estimatewhen I might get it.

Also, in Kansas when it arrives you must then go to the DMV to actually get your CCH ID card. I plan to wear my empty holster and have my Kahr CW40 locked in my trunk so that I can immediately bee-line it to do the WWW, with nachos in hand! LOL!

It's 45-90 calendar days, but usually has been taking 60-65 days. Mine took 61 days. I did the same as you, into the dmv with my empty iwb holster, gun in the lock box in the truck, then straight to Wally World for some elbow rubbing and some nachos!
    Be Safe,
    Chuck

VIP Member
    That's too funny! My friends on the Kansas side have just about unanimously said that it took about two months before they received theirs as well.

Mine took a little over two months to come in.

The really sucky part is if you change addresses. There is a whole PITA process. They won't change your DL address until you get a letter from the AG saying it's ok to change the address on you CHL becuase the addresses have to be the same, so they have to do another background check and then send you a letter saying it's ok to make a new license reflecting the new address. It's a nightmare. After going through it, my suggestion is don't ever move to another house.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Count on 60 days,+- 5 days. they have started mailing them out 2 times(Wendsday and Friday) a week instead of just once(Friday).

SgtD, When did you do this. I haven't heard this info before. In fact, The county changed my address after I turned in my application, Every thing went through fine. The AG Office told me to send them an E-mail with the new address and this was the same proceedure if I moved later.
    Kansas Concealed Carry Website

NRA/Ks. Firearms instructor
    Cheif Range Safety Officer

I just faxed a change of address form to the Kansas AG yesterday (probably after hours so I'm starting the count today), same day I signed papers on my new address. I do realize that when I do get the letter I have to go back to the DMV and get a new card ordered. I hope this is a quick process, but I will report when I get it back.

Joker1
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by ajohn151 View Post
    I submitted my application exactly 2 weeks ago today. Im told it takes between 45 and 90 days in Kansas to receive the CCH or a denial letter. The worst thing on my record is 3 speeding tickets (2 when I was 17, 2 weeks apart) so I do not anticipate any issues. My question is, is it 45 - 90 calendar days or business days? I didn't see that printed anywhere in the application or on the AG web site. My guess is it is business days but I dont know. I know it's irrelevant, I just want to estimatewhen I might get it.

Also, in Kansas when it arrives you must then go to the DMV to actually get your CCH ID card. I plan to wear my empty holster and have my Kahr CW40 locked in my trunk so that I can immediately bee-line it to do the WWW, with nachos in hand! LOL!
    I was given a receipt with my printed picture on it and told my license would be in the mail. I was still good to go to carry since the receipt was my temporary license until I got the real one. It sounds like it depends on where you go as to whether you get the actual card when taking in your letter or have to carry the receipt until you get the card in the mail. It took them around 60 days. This was at the beginning of 2009.

5 months.

But when I applied, the law didn't go into effect until Jan 1, so I had to wait until then ... and had to wait until Jan 3rd when the State offices were open.

64 calendar days, here.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannolis."
    NRA Member
    SIG SAUER P220 Elite Stainless & P238
    Glock 23
    S&W 431PD

Great! Thanks for the responses guys. So approximately October 23rd. Christmas in October, I'm cool with that!

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    I just faxed a change of address form to the Kansas AG yesterday (probably after hours so I'm starting the count today), same day I signed papers on my new address. I do realize that when I do get the letter I have to go back to the DMV and get a new card ordered. I hope this is a quick process, but I will report when I get it back.

Joker1
    Update:

I recieved my letter authorizing me to get a new permit with my current address. I had faxed the form to the AG on September 3rd and it arrived in the mail on September 12th. Now I can get to the DMV and get my DL changed also. Sucks it's gonna cost $16.00 for the permit and probably the same for the DL, the price we pay to "legally" defend ourselves.

FYI, in Kansas now the permit and the DL have to be seperate cards now, which is how I prefer it.

Joker1
    NRA Life Member

I got my address changed at the DMV, they HAD to get me a new DL, found a way online to change it and you just had carry around a piece of paper with your old license, but I guess since I'm a gun toting fanatic they had to get me a new DL also. He even cut up my DL and my CHP and then shredded them. Had to take 2 pics and sign twice, then carry around the stupid thermal paper versions for a bout a week before I got my actual cards. Cost me $16.00 and about an hour of my life.

Joker1
    NRA Life Member

Sponsored Links